Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:43 AM   #26281
MVP

The latest medical report CNN is pushing in it's doom and gloom reporting says this is ongoing for years and only herd immunity will solve it. Yet medical person says stay inside, and CNN nods head. That's the most frustrating part. They don't acknowledge that we might as well go Swedish model now if their gloomy forecasts are correct. Just **** them.
jerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-01-2020, 11:44 AM   #26282
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrund View Post
We have talked about the "at risk" category a great deal on this thread. An interesting observation of this can be seen in Kansas. Currently Wyandotte County has 8 more cases than Ford County in Southwest Kansas. Of Wyandotte's totals, 23% have resulted in hospitalization. Ford County, on the other hand, has 1% in the hospitals. Wyandotte has been plagued by cases from retirement centers while Ford County has been hit with cases from meat packing plants. It really underscores that the actual number of cases is not nearly as important as what demographics make up your cases.
No one wants to hear that because someone might have something that may or may not wittingly or unwittingly spread to someone who may or may not get sick and then may or may not have to go to the hospital where they may or may not live or die.

Seriously though, people need to be looking at these things. The media among others would have you think that this is an automatic death sentence.

Meanwhile I know doctors and nurses who are out of work and some even on unemployment.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:46 AM   #26283
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryaldini View Post
The latest medical report CNN is pushing in it's doom and gloom reporting says this is ongoing for years and only herd immunity will solve it. Yet medical person says stay inside, and CNN nods head. That's the most frustrating part. They don't acknowledge that we might as well go Swedish model now if their gloomy forecasts are correct. Just **** them.
Did they show this for dramatic effect?

Or maybe this???

petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:47 AM   #26284
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
No one wants to hear that because someone might have something that may or may not wittingly or unwittingly spread to someone who may or may not get sick and then may or may not have to go to the hospital where they may or may not live or die.

Seriously though, people need to be looking at these things. The media among others would have you think that this is an automatic death sentence.

Meanwhile I know doctors and nurses who are out of work and some even on unemployment.
The biggest question to me is whether it's even possible to protect vulnerable populations if everything else is wide open (with a caveat that I know we aren't going to be wide open any time soon). You can restrict access to nursing homes, but the staff still have to go home. And all it takes is one staff member bringing it in for it to suddenly spread to the entire place.

Just no easy answers.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:47 AM   #26285
MVP

Quote:
One of my nurse friends just had her shift cut short by 8 hours yesterday because there is no work. And she works for one of the hospitals that gets a lot of traffic, especially among lower income.
Research?
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:49 AM   #26286
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
The biggest question to me is whether it's even possible to protect vulnerable populations if everything else is wide open (with a caveat that I know we aren't going to be wide open any time soon). You can restrict access to nursing homes, but the staff still have to go home. And all it takes is one staff member bringing it in for it to suddenly spread to the entire place.

Just no easy answers.
Agreed.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:49 AM   #26287
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Research?
I thought so but no, St. Mary's
Old 05-01-2020, 11:51 AM   #26288
Prestige Worldwide

So what's new?

I'm guessing;
-Daily Cases and deaths area still going up.
-Still no vaccine. (way too early)
-Tests are being conducted on like, 8 existing drugs as a possible treatment that will amount to nothing ultimately.
-Nobody can agree on how long these stay at home orders to be kept in place.

Does that cover everything?

Ill check back next week.
Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 11:52 AM   #26289
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk View Post
So what's new?

I'm guessing;
-Still no vaccine. (way to early)
-Tests are being conducted on like, 8 existing drugs as a possible treatment that will amount to nothing ultimately.

Pretty much. Don't wait until next week though. The goal posts are sure to move several times by then
Old 05-01-2020, 11:53 AM   #26290
Shit

Quote:
Pretty much. Don't wait until next week though. The goal posts are sure to move several times by then
i sure wish you would stop doing that.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:54 AM   #26291
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk View Post
So what's new?

I'm guessing;
-Still no vaccine. (way to early)

Eh, I think that's oversimplified. It's easy to miss the big picture when you're lost in the weeds.

-Daily cases and deaths have generally plateaued and are decreasing in most areas.
-Still no vaccine, but lots of them are in development.
-Remdesivir has shown real promise. It's probably not going to help everyone, but it will decrease the death rate some hopefully.
-Nobody can agree, but there's enough variation in approaches that we'll have real data on the impacts in a few weeks.

I'm an optimist, but I think it's hard to say things aren't getting better at this point, albeit very slowly.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:58 AM   #26292
Supporter

Quote:
Eh, I think that's oversimplified. It's easy to miss the big picture when you're lost in the weeds.

-Daily cases and deaths have generally plateaued and are decreasing in most areas.
-Remdesivir has shown real promise. It's probably not going to help everyone, but it will decrease the death rate some hopefully.
-Nobody can agree, but there's enough variation in approaches that we'll have real data on the impacts in a few weeks.

I'm an optimist, but I think it's hard to say things aren't getting better at this point, albeit very slowly.
We did what we set out to do which was prevent the run on the hospitals. I think it's kind of odd but encouraging that cases are still high but hospitalisations are going down.

There simply is no hiding from this virus without doing all other kinds of serious damage. And then you probably still couldn't hide from hit anyway.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:06 PM   #26293
I love your mom

Quote:

I think Remdesivir has only shown decreased recovery time so far with not enough statistical change in mortality rate to make a determination.

link I posted earlier for those who missed it
https://nationalpost.com/health/more...da-say-experts
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:10 PM   #26294
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
I think Remdesivir has only shown decreased recovery time so far with not enough statistical change in mortality rate to make a determination.

link I posted earlier for those who missed it
https://nationalpost.com/health/more...da-say-experts
Not saying it has. Just that it shows promise.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:11 PM   #26295
I love your mom

Quote:
We did what we set out to do which was prevent the run on the hospitals. I think it's kind of odd but encouraging that cases are still high but hospitalisations are going down.

There simply is no hiding from this virus without doing all other kinds of serious damage. And then you probably still couldn't hide from hit anyway.
It is hard to stop doing something that appears to be working for something with unknown results .
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.