Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:06 PM   #18736
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
For every one of those anecdotal responses, there's also this response:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...isn-t-n1177556

No 'miraculous recovery': Some ICU doctors say hydroxychloroquine isn't helping sickest patients

Many doctors suspect that if the drug does turn out to be beneficial, it may work better early on in the course of the illness.
Well yeah.........

That's why I'd like to reach a consensus faster. I'm not arguing that its a cure all. Maybe you guys are not understanding my position.

I look at Hydrixychloroquine as a therapeutic and a possible prophylaxis. Not a cure.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:07 PM   #18737
I love your mom

My wife and all the other ER Doctors I have talked to have said the same thing , the early trials or anecdotal evidence were very incomplete with holes big enough to drive a truck through, could that change absolutely or it could be some other drugs they are testing .
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:08 PM   #18738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
My evidence? What are you talking about?

My position on this is and has been that there has not been a controlled trial of this completed yet. That's it. Therefore, I'm not pimping it. I hope that the results of the trial are positive. What will your reaction be if it is not?
My reaction will be "Well Shit", because waiting for a vaccine that is a long way off sucks.

I understand you waiting. That's fine, what I dont understand is people saying there is no evidence or that it doesn't work. Then in the same breath claiming studies have to be done. "But yeah it doesnt work"
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:09 PM   #18739
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
Well yeah.........

That's why I'd like to reach a consensus faster. I'm not arguing that its a cure all. Maybe you guys are not understanding my position.

I look at Hydrixychloroquine as a therapeutic and a possible prophylaxis. Not a cure.
Clinical Trials can't happen any faster.

And secondly, the drug combo, if effective, would only slow down the viral replication, not cure anyone.

And yet, thousands continue to die each day despite people like you saying that they "believe" it works.

Why is that, again?
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:09 PM   #18740
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
Which means there are plenty of "doctors" breaking their oath everyday by promoting something that hasn't been rightfully tested or approved to treat COVID-19.
It's being tested for off-label use, and that's fine. I understand the desire to try therapeutics, including unproven ones, in this case, without strong evidence. But people need to understand that the evidence is not strong.

Unfortunately, clinicians overstate efficacy and underestimate safety concerns. It's basically the axiom of the need for evidence-based medicine.

We need rigorously designed trials in theory, but I also know that we don't have time for them in this case. Consequently, any information taken from those trials must be viewed with extreme skepticism, because the normal procedures for constructing a truly robust trial aren't being followed and can't be followed to the extent we need for a truly definitive judgment.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 04:11 PM   #18741
MVP

Quote:
For every one of those anecdotal responses, there's also this response:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...isn-t-n1177556

No 'miraculous recovery': Some ICU doctors say hydroxychloroquine isn't helping sickest patients

Many doctors suspect that if the drug does turn out to be beneficial, it may work better early on in the course of the illness.
To be fair, most of the protocols call for early ingestion. Earlier the better, it's not a cure.
Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:11 PM   #18742
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
My reaction will be "Well Shit", because waiting for a vaccine that is a long way off sucks.

I understand you waiting. That's fine, what I dont understand is people saying there is no evidence or that it doesn't work. Then in the same breath claiming studies have to be done. "But yeah it doesnt work"
Okay.

There's no non-anecdotal evidence that it works. Yes, people are saying that controlled trials have to be performed. That's how we get non-anecdotal evidence. It's not hard to understand at all. It's called science.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:12 PM   #18743

Quote:
Clinical Trials can't happen any faster.

And secondly, the drug combo, if effective, would only slow down the viral replication, not cure anyone.

And yet, thousands continue to die each day despite people like you saying that they "believe" it works.

Why is that, again?
Because they haven't received the medication in a timely fashion? Dr. to scared because of all the people screaming it doesn't work etc. No official guidance? They were too far along before they received it? They have underlining conditions which would make it not effective for them?

All I'm saying it with the dot connecting, is Governments know more than me and you. And currently world governments are buying the shit out of the drug.

So you have your opinion and I have mine.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:12 PM   #18744
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
My wife and all the other ER Doctors I have talked to have said the same thing , the early trials or anecdotal evidence were very incomplete with holes big enough to drive a truck through, could that change absolutely or it could be some other drugs they are testing .
I showed my buddy who's in pharmacy claims So plaqueni for the cytokine storm and hydroxychloroquine could work. He also said something about the vents thing actually making some of the cases worse.
Thought that was interesting.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:12 PM   #18745
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
It's the opposite. HCQ raises pH, which prevents endocytosis of the viron.

Azithromycin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that also works against atypical pathogens. Not all broad-spectrums work against atypicals (or anaerobes for that matter). Not all broad-spectrum antibiotics penetrate the lung tissue adequately. Azithromycin is commonly used in CAP because it works against atypicals and achieves suitable concentrations in the lungs. It is widely distributed and has a long half-life so you don't need to dose several times per day. The potential benefit of azithromycin in this case may also be from its immunomodulatory effects--not because it is wiping out bacteria.
Okay - presuming I flipped the 'why' on how the HCL works (or did a poor job of trying to synthesize my understanding of it) - do you not agree that the present theory requires all 3 components? Or at the very least, 2 of them (the zinc thing has always been more hit/miss; some think it's a bit of a red herring since it already exists in the body).

You can't just toss out a study that doses HCL on its own and say "look - proof this won't accomplish anything..."

The combined impact of HCL and Z-pack seems to be the focus, not just the idea that HCL on its own accomplishes anything. Thanks for clarification on the Z-Pack; my concern has been that the juice needs to be worth the squeeze on this thing. If it turns out we mass doze with azithromycin and in so doing create resistance to it that makes it less effective for those treatments its currently proven VERY good at, we've robbed peter to pay paul. I was hopeful that there were a myriad of broad-spectrum antibiotics that could be used in its stead to avoid that issue.

That's why I've been more than content holding back on using this as a wholesale treatment regiment. The juice has to be worth the squeeze. If it turns out the Z-pack is effective and is the ONLY effective complementary antiobiotic, then we need to make sure it's effective ENOUGH to justify the long-term risk that could come from significant distribution of an antibiotic that could then lead to resistance problems in areas it's effectively treated for years.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:13 PM   #18746

Quote:
Okay.

There's no non-anecdotal evidence that it works. Yes, people are saying that controlled trials have to be performed. That's how we get non-anecdotal evidence. It's not hard to understand at all. It's called science.
I mean the definition of controlled studies is another thing. Why were those French studies not worth noting? Too small?
Old 04-08-2020, 04:13 PM   #18747
Supporter

Quote:
Because they haven't received the medication in a timely fashion? Dr. to scared because of all the people screaming it doesn't work etc. No official guidance? They were too far along before they received it? They have underlining conditions which would make it not effective for them?

All I'm saying it with the dot connecting, is Governments know more than me and you. And currently world governments are buying the shit out of the drug.

So you have your opinion and I have mine.
Um, no, mine is not an "Opinion", my view is based on the fact that the SCIENCE isn't there yet to determine whether or not it's effective against COVID-19.

You, on the other hand, "believe" that this med works, despite having no background in biology, chemistry, cardiology, neuroscience or pharmacology, because someone else said so.

That's not evidence.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:16 PM   #18748
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
I mean the definition of controlled studies is another thing. Why were those French studies not worth noting? Too small?
Have they even released the details of their "studies" which show they were controlled and scientifically-valid?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:20 PM   #18749
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveSteam View Post
Have the death estimates dropped to 60,000 or was that just job site BS talk?
61K down from 81K 2 days ago.

And 140K hospitalized down to 90K.

I mean...I guess they re-fixed their social distancing number. Again.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:23 PM   #18750
MVP

Quote:
Have they even released the details of their "studies" which show they were controlled and scientifically-valid?
My Spidey Senses are telling me the bold is gonna be a problem.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.