Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-12-2019, 03:04 PM  
Veteran

Drinking at Lunch

Anybody grab a drink or three at lunch on a weekday? If so, how does it affect you the rest of the afternoon? What do you drink? Why?

For me, I have my own office. If I don't have a court hearing or have to visit a client in jail, I am likely to grab a drink on Friday afternoon with some friends. Late lunch/early happy hour, say, 1:30-2:00 ish.

Usually it means that the rest of the afternoon is shot (no pun intended), which is why I don't do it every day. There are a few good bars within a couple blocks of my office. Best is Sullivan's Steakhouse.* And Friday afternoon, grabbing a good steak, some wine and a glass of bourbon is a good way to pass the time.

Today, a buddy's dad was in town and we grabbed lunch a little early and included a couple of glasses of wine and it got me wondering who else likes to imbibe at noon. So, what's your poison on a weekday afternoon?

* I know there's one in Leawood. It's a decent steakhouse but I remember the Plaza III as being much better. I remember going to Jess & Jim's before it burned down. Golden Ox was also good. It was closed but last time I was in KC it had re-opened but I don't know if it is still open. So Sullivan's may not be the best steakhouse in KC but my state is known more for seafood than steak so I take what I can get.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:53 PM   #16
Needs more middle fingers

Drinking at lunch and having to go back to work?

Naaaaah **** that. I tried it once and never again. Didn't get drunk or anything, but i got a buzz. Hated it.

But on a Saturday at home with nothing to do? Sure why not. Not really my thing, especially since it kinda gets you feeling like shit halfway through your day. But ive done it here and there for fun.

But yeah if i have to go back to work, **** that. That shit sucks.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:02 PM   #17
My Mamma Says

Watching older tv shows while I was young , it seemed like all the people with a office had a bar and whisky in it.. they were drinking all the time.. I thought hey.. if I get an office job I’ll get drunk all the time..
Shit doesn’t work like that now..
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:07 PM   #18
Arrowhead Trail of Tears

I usually don’t drink at lunch

I don’t drink that much as it is
TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:20 PM   #19
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman34 View Post
Watching older tv shows while I was young , it seemed like all the people with a office had a bar and whisky in it.. they were drinking all the time.. I thought hey.. if I get an office job I’ll get drunk all the time..
Shit doesn’t work like that now..
True...In my profession..that is a BIG NO NO and a good way to get fired. No justification there.

Although I do know of a few teachers in my district that used to have a bump in their desk for movies time. That does not fly anymore.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:54 PM   #20
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief View Post
My mom said Jesus hates alcoholics and having to watch black QBs hand the ball to white RBs on Thursdays
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:58 PM   #21
TACO SALAD

Naaw, I'm not drinking and going back to work.
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:59 PM   #22
Admitted Planet Junky

If you drink at lunch and are going back to work you should be terminated or put into an alcoholic rehabilitation program.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:02 PM   #23
I'll be back.

Thursdays we go out to lunch and occasionally get a beer.

It usually results in me not giving a **** after lunch, which is OK because the boss usually doesn't either.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:03 PM   #24
In Search of a Life

I typically have 3-4 boilermakers at lunch.

I’m more productive in the afternoon
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:05 PM   #25
Starter

I own my company and occasionally will have one draft beer with a burger at lunch, but not often.
Spokane Chief Fan is not part of the Right 53.Spokane Chief Fan is not part of the Right 53.Spokane Chief Fan is not part of the Right 53.Spokane Chief Fan is not part of the Right 53.Spokane Chief Fan is not part of the Right 53.Spokane Chief Fan is not part of the Right 53.Spokane Chief Fan is not part of the Right 53.Spokane Chief Fan is not part of the Right 53.Spokane Chief Fan is not part of the Right 53.Spokane Chief Fan is not part of the Right 53.Spokane Chief Fan is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:10 PM   #26
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
If you drink at lunch and are going back to work you should be terminated or put into an alcoholic rehabilitation program.
That's what would happen at our work.
PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:13 PM   #27
Banned

I used to have a coke and jack in the parking lot on my lunch when my life was torn a part. I grew up slightly and enjoy work clear headed
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:15 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Drinking at lunch and having to go back to work?

Naaaaah **** that. I tried it once and never again. Didn't get drunk or anything, but i got a buzz. Hated it.

But on a Saturday at home with nothing to do? Sure why not. Not really my thing, especially since it kinda gets you feeling like shit halfway through your day. But ive done it here and there for fun.

But yeah if i have to go back to work, **** that. That shit sucks.
Agreed. I enjoy getting socially drunk/buzzed from like 5pm on. Drinking mid day ruins. It
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:16 PM   #29
It was not a fair catch

There are businesses now that have been brought in on Fridays.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:22 PM   #30
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
True...In my profession..that is a BIG NO NO and a good way to get fired. No justification there.

Although I do know of a few teachers in my district that used to have a bump in their desk for movies time. That does not fly anymore.
Hell I’d think your line of work would drive you to having afternoon shots lol
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.