Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-26-2024, 02:22 AM  
Chiefs

Maryland's Key Bridge collapses after it was struck by a container ship

ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:46 PM   #211
Live free or die hard

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bo and luke.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	127308  
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 12:46 PM   #212
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
There is no bridge in the world that can withstand a direct impact with a fully-loaded container ship.
When has this ever happened before?
ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:49 PM   #213
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 View Post
When has this ever happened before?

In recent history...
I
  • Bay Bridge Collision (San Francisco, USA - 2007): In November 2007, the container ship Cosco Busan struck a support tower of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge in dense fog. The collision resulted in a gash in the ship's hull, causing a significant oil spill into the San Francisco Bay.
  • River Thames Collision (London, UK - 2015): In September 2015, the cargo ship Saga Sky collided with the underside of the Kew Railway Bridge on the River Thames in London. The collision caused damage to the bridge, and the ship was stuck underneath for several hours, disrupting river traffic.
  • Ems River Collision (Germany - 2020): In December 2020, the cargo ship Siderfly collided with a railway bridge over the Ems River in northern Germany. The collision caused significant damage to both the ship and the bridge, leading to the closure of the railway line.
  • Suez Canal Incident (Egypt - 2021): While not a collision with a traditional overhead bridge, the incident involving the container ship Ever Given in the Suez Canal in March 2021 can be seen as a similar type of mishap. The ship ran aground and became wedged diagonally across the canal, blocking traffic in one of the world's busiest shipping lanes for nearly a week, causing significant disruption to global trade.

Last edited by Otter; 03-27-2024 at 12:54 PM..
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:57 PM   #214
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post

Transport ships hitting overhead bridges is a rare but serious occurrence that can result in significant damage to both the ship and the bridge, as well as potential environmental and safety hazards. While such incidents are relatively uncommon, here are a few notable examples:

• Bay Bridge Collision (San Francisco, USA - 2007): In November 2007, the container ship Cosco Busan struck a support tower of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge in dense fog. The collision resulted in a gash in the ship's hull, causing a significant oil spill into the San Francisco Bay.
  • River Thames Collision (London, UK - 2015): In September 2015, the cargo ship Saga Sky collided with the underside of the Kew Railway Bridge on the River Thames in London. The collision caused damage to the bridge, and the ship was stuck underneath for several hours, disrupting river traffic.
  • Ems River Collision (Germany - 2020): In December 2020, the cargo ship Siderfly collided with a railway bridge over the Ems River in northern Germany. The collision caused significant damage to both the ship and the bridge, leading to the closure of the railway line.
  • Suez Canal Incident (Egypt - 2021): While not a collision with a traditional overhead bridge, the incident involving the container ship Ever Given in the Suez Canal in March 2021 can be seen as a similar type of mishap. The ship ran aground and became wedged diagonally across the canal, blocking traffic in one of the world's busiest shipping lanes for nearly a week, causing significant disruption to global trade.
These incidents underscore the importance of proper navigation procedures, communication, and situational awareness for maritime traffic to avoid collisions with bridges and other structures.
I meant to cause bridge to just collapse

Ships have done damages before, but I’ve never seen so much of a bridge just collapse into the water from being hit by a ship.
ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-27-2024, 01:16 PM   #215
Go Beavers!

Quote:

Ships have done damages before, but I’ve never seen so much of a bridge just collapse into the water from being hit by a ship.
35 times between 1960 and 2015 according to this:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2518801.html
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-27-2024, 02:10 PM   #216
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post

Wow, that's a lot of Russian cyberattacks
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 02:44 PM   #217
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Wow, that's a lot of Russian cyberattacks
Some of them were Soviet cyberattacks.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 02:51 PM   #218
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Okay, this probably should be a DC statement, so I'll spoiler it. I think it's relevant enough that I'll take the hit if I need to delete it.

Spoiler!
I don't disagree with anything you said, but I'm now distracted by the possessive form of Arkansas. I'm pretty sure that the right answer is technically "Arkansas's" but I have no idea how one would say that aloud...
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 02:56 PM   #219
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post

Those damn DEI policies of the 1960's...
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 03:06 PM   #220
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I don't disagree with anything you said, but I'm now distracted by the possessive form of Arkansas. I'm pretty sure that the right answer is technically "Arkansas's" but I have no idea how one would say that aloud...

Arkansas' or Arkansas's are both correct.

The pronunciation would be ARK AN SAWS or ARK AN SAW ZIS
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 03:41 PM   #221
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:

1980 Sunshine Skyway bridge in Tampa.

When they rebuilt it, they added concrete barriers called “dolphins” that protect the piers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_Skyway_Bridge
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 03:55 PM   #222
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Why does every event have to be some shadowy conspiracy?
Part of it is human nature. One of the things that allowed us to evolve as humans is our ability to find patterns. It allows us to map the stars and learn how to track animals.

But it also leads to where we see patterns that are not there. Or just correlations and not causations. And being able to "see" these patterns when others can't make us feel important. Like we are special.

It's easier for some to swallow there is a shadow conspiracy that is controlling everything than to admit that life is just chaos.
Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-27-2024, 04:17 PM   #223
In Search of a Life

If one person believes the conspiracy, it's mental illness. If millions of people believe the same conspiracy, it's politics.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 04:23 PM   #224
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
If one person believes the conspiracy, it's mental illness. If millions of people believe the same conspiracy, it's politics.
So, still mental illness?
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 04:25 PM   #225
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Welp, this conundrum is now going to ****ing haunt me for the next couple days.
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.