Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 07:42 AM  
Cast Iron Jedi

What's for dinner? Here's mine... (Part 2)

What you got?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-23-2015, 05:16 PM   #5311
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Oh damn,this is one of the best things I've ever made.

Looks delicious. Love chicken over mashed potatoes and gravy.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-23-2015, 05:19 PM   #5312
Cast Iron Jedi

What's for dinner? Here's mine... (Part 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post

Sous vide pork, caramelized onion grits, and demi glace, garnished with some toasted bread crumbs and parsley.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-23-2015, 07:44 PM   #5313
Gimme My Berries Back!

Looks scrumptious FMB! Nicely done!
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:04 PM   #5314
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
You're way off

That was ****ing funny
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-23-2015, 11:54 PM   #5315
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
You're way off

That was ****ing funny
Glad you got on to my joke. Or at least I think you caught on.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-24-2015, 04:18 AM   #5316
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:

I sensed it, but wasn't sure. Fun.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:47 AM   #5317
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Posting here because the threads have different audiences.

Sous vide strip steak with a quick demi glace, peas, and herb butter.

I should have used a larger plate.
I also imagined cooking a steak or other types of red meat via sous vide method would boil the meat and not break down the fat like grilling.

How did it compare to grilled or oven cooked and also the tender-tough factor?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:49 AM   #5318
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Tonight, I'm making sous vide pork loin with a balsamic reduction and grits.
This sounds good
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:06 AM   #5319
Politically Incorrect

Yesterday afternoon I made a simple late lunch/early dinner meal.

I started with a whole bag of Fresh Express salad mix: iceberg, romaine and baby lettuce in a large plastic bowl.

I then added appropriate portions of the following; chopped radishes, sliced cucumber with skin on, chopped sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, chopped and pitted Greek kalamata olives in olive oil, chopped roasted red peppers in olive oil, several spoonfuls of capers, fresh cilantro leaves torn, 1/3 can of chick peas, chopped artichokes marinated in olive oil, summer sausage chunks, sliced hard salami, small cuts of fontina cheese and extra sharp cheddar along with crumbles of goat cheese with honey.

I used Kraft zesty Italian salad dressing to flavor along with chopped scallions, a little black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.

Drank a few glasses of a nice New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.

Wish I took a photo. It was the "BIG SALAD", it was fantastic and very filling.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:20 AM   #5320
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Good cover up bro
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:24 AM   #5321
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I also imagined cooking a steak or other types of red meat via sous vide method would boil the meat and not break down the fat like grilling.

How did it compare to grilled or oven cooked and also the tender-tough factor?
Well, sous vide isn't boiling. It cooks in fat and its own juices, contained within a bag. The fat absolutely softens and some renders, then when you sear, you can caramelize the fat and soften more.

I enjoy sous vide a lot, but IMO chicken and pork is where it really shines. Steak is good, but I'd just as soon have a cast iron roasted or grilled steak. But I'll take chicken or pork sous vide over any other way 9 times out of 10. You can cook to lower temperatures while being safe, so medium rare pork or chicken at 145 degrees is so tender and juicy. (Medium rare chicken, while safe, has an off-putting texture.)

If you give it some time, the tenderness is very good. I usually give my proteins anywhere from 2 to 6 hours. Around 8, the proteins in smaller cuts start to denature and get mushy.

But with 4-6 hours, it can be great. I've made sirloin sous vide that would kick the crap out of any filet mignon you've had. The sirloin has superior flavor anyway, but with the filet you get tenderness. With sous vide, you get the sirloin flavor and the filet tenderness; it's outstanding.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:30 AM   #5322
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Oh damn,this is one of the best things I've ever made.

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:40 AM   #5323
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Yesterday afternoon I made a simple late lunch/early dinner meal.

I started with a whole bag of Fresh Express salad mix: iceberg, romaine and baby lettuce in a large plastic bowl.

I then added appropriate portions of the following; chopped radishes, sliced cucumber with skin on, chopped sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, chopped and pitted Greek kalamata olives in olive oil, chopped roasted red peppers in olive oil, several spoonfuls of capers, fresh cilantro leaves torn, 1/3 can of chick peas, chopped artichokes marinated in olive oil, summer sausage chunks, sliced hard salami, small cuts of fontina cheese and extra sharp cheddar along with crumbles of goat cheese with honey.

I used Kraft zesty Italian salad dressing to flavor along with chopped scallions, a little black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.

Drank a few glasses of a nice New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.

Wish I took a photo. It was the "BIG SALAD", it was fantastic and very filling.
I love a big healthy salad. All different kinds. This sounds great!
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:59 AM   #5324
Gimme My Berries Back!

Last night!

Got a late start. So first image is not so clear as it was getting dark. Had to also use a sharpen filter on it in PS. Then even darker by the time I put the main course out so had to go with the flash.

Scallop & Shrimp scampi, salad with some ricotta stuffed ravioli served before.
Had to get rid of it as it was frozen and left from Easter. It was gluten free. Shaved parm on top.

Served out on my lanai eating area by the pool.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PastaWebR.png
Views:	154
Size:	414.2 KB
ID:	109842   Click image for larger version

Name:	ScampiWebR.png
Views:	152
Size:	376.8 KB
ID:	109843  

Old 05-24-2015, 11:02 AM   #5325
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Got a late start. So first image is not so clear as it was getting dark. Had to also use a sharpen filter on it in PS. Then even darker by the time I put the main course out so had to go with the flash.

Scallop & Shrimp scampi, salad with some ricotta stuffed ravioli served before.
Had to get rid of it as it was frozen and left from Easter. It was gluten free. Shaved parm on top.

Served out on my lanai eating area by the pool.

Sexy

Closed Thread