Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 07:42 AM  
Cast Iron Jedi

What's for dinner? Here's mine... (Part 2)

What you got?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:01 PM   #6046
Mod Team

This one is for Inmem. We made pulled chicken tacos for the 4th of July yesterday. They are easily cooked in the crock pot and something we can't **** up if we are drinking. And usually in the summer it's friends over around 2-3 and dinner around 5-6, so after a few hours we are usually less able to successfully attend to cooking some food and not **** it up. People tend to like it as well and we have a variety of toppings so you can make it how you like.

We also had a real Mexican over yesterday, who just became a US citizen a few months ago. She made the best homemade salsa I have ever had. Made with fresh jalapenos and tamatillos. I'm gonna beg her to share her recipe!

Last edited by lewdog; 07-05-2015 at 07:14 PM..
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:04 PM   #6047
Gimme My Berries Back!

Love the plate!
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:55 PM   #6048
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
This one is for Inmem. We made pulled chicken tacos for the 4th of July yesterday. They are easily cooked in the crock pot and something we can't **** up if we are drinking. And usually in the summer it's friends over around 2-3 and dinner around 5-6, so after a few hours we are usually less able to successfully attend to cooking some food and not **** it up. People tend to like it as well and we have a variety of toppings so you can make it how you like.

We also had a real Mexican over yesterday, who just became a US citizen a few months ago. She made the best homemade salsa I have ever had. Made with fresh jalapenos and tamatillos. I'm gonna beg her to share her recipe!

Recipe for Chicken Tacos?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Buzz
This message has been deleted by Buzz. Reason: x
Old 07-05-2015, 08:29 PM   #6049
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
We usually do 4lbs of chicken breast for parties, whole jar of salsa and packet of taco seasoning. Cook on high in 4 hours or low for 8 hours in crock pot. It's that easy.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:19 PM   #6050
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I want the recipe from Taco Johns. Their chicken soft shells rock.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:13 PM   #6051
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
We usually do 4lbs of chicken breast for parties, whole jar of salsa and packet of taco seasoning. Cook on high in 4 hours or low for 8 hours in crock pot. It's that easy.
I used this recipe of yours tonight,. 'Effing AMAZING flavor and tender chicken.
And so easy. I could do other things and not worry for hours. Very nice recipe—a keeper.

It smelled so good, I didn't bother getting my camera set up.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:35 PM   #6052
FINALLY! The wait is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
I used this recipe of yours tonight,. 'Effing AMAZING flavor and tender chicken.
And so easy. I could do other things and not worry for hours. Very nice recipe—a keeper.

Shit I'm in. Lewdog FTW
Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:45 PM   #6053
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post

Yea it really is amazing that it tastes as good as it does. Super easy too. I'd throw Adobo Chipotle Peppers on mine if my wife didn't hate them. About two of those in there would be an extra layer of flavor.

I am going to start making my own salsa too. It's super easy and I don't know why I haven't been? I've tried so many salsas in the stores that were just bland that I might as well buy the ingredients I want and throw it in a blender myself. Not to mention I grow banana peppers and Sante Fe Grande peppers in the backyard, and those aren't something you find in most salsas! I'll report back on my results when the time comes that I make some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts View Post
Shit I'm in. Lewdog FTW
That was Inmem's recipe he shared on here.

Old 07-06-2015, 11:28 PM   #6054
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Yea it really is amazing that it tastes as good as it does. Super easy too. I'd throw Adobo Chipotle Peppers on mine if my wife didn't hate them. About two of those in there would be an extra layer of flavor.
I have both chipotle seasoning from Frontier spices and I have adobo chipotle peppers on hand. I don't always use it but I do like it.

Quote:
I am going to start making my own salsa too. It's super easy and I don't know why I haven't been? I've tried so many salsas in the stores that were just bland that I might as well buy the ingredients I want and throw it in a blender myself. Not to mention I grow banana peppers and Sante Fe Grande peppers in the backyard, and those aren't something you find in most salsas! I'll report back on my results when the time comes that I make some.
Sounds good. I wonder how it would taste with those fruity salsas like peach, mango with red peppers etc.

Most salsas in a jar aren't that good. They taste dead. I've made it before but for ease I buy one here called Jack's that's not jarred but fresh sold in produce. It's really good. Comes in mild, medium and hot.

Quote:
That was Inmem's recipe he shared on here.
Really? Is that true? I never saw it.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:02 AM   #6055
Banned

oxtail and potatoes and asparagus

boooomb.com
RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:03 PM   #6056
Gimme My Berries Back!

Looks gross but it was delicious.

Lemon, Riccota, Parmesan, Chicken, Spinach Pasta.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LemonRicottaParmPastaRS.png
Views:	153
Size:	465.9 KB
ID:	110206  

Old 07-10-2015, 07:05 PM   #6057
Gimme My Berries Back!

Recipe was here:

http://www.cookingclassy.com/2015/03...illed-chicken/

I couldn't fined wheat-free linguine so I used spaghetti.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:24 AM   #6058
Mod Team

First ever attempt at homemade salsa today. Will report back with pictures and recipe if edible.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:25 PM   #6059
Mod Team

First Salsa attempt. No real spicy peppers so it's a mild salsa so I could see the taste before adding some Habanero peppers for next time.

1 1/2 lbs Tomatillos
2 Pasilla Peppers (mild-mod heat, great pepper taste)
2 garlic gloves
1 large white onion
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
6 banana peppers
2 Sante Fe Grande peppers (mild hot)
Juice from 1-2 limes

Remove husks and rinse tomatillos until no longer sticky. Place Pasilla peppers, tomatillos and garlic whole onto sheet and place 1-2 inches from broiler in oven for 7-8 minutes, turning once. Dice Onion coarsely. Cut tops off banana peppers and Sante Fe Grande peppers and remove seeds. Boil 10 minutes to soften.

Let peppers cool 10-15 minutes after broiling. Cut tops off Pasilla peppers, leave seeds. Peel Garlic. Throw into blender in bunches and pulse blender until desired consistency.

Other options are Serrano peppers, jalapeno peppers or Habanero depending on desired hotness. I threw in the banana peppers and Sante Fe Grande as those I grow myself and they needed to be used. They are usually bigger but the heat we've had (105-110 consistently) caused them to continue to ripen but not grow. You can definitely leave those out.

Banana Peppers and Sante Fe Grande peppers. Smaller size secondary to heat we've had here.

Tomatillos

Tomatillos with husk off

Pasilla Peppers

Items to broil

Pulsed in blender

5 cup yield

Old 07-12-2015, 05:55 PM   #6060
Gimme My Berries Back!

Pasilla peppers? Is that another name for poblano peppers?

Closed Thread