Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:24 AM   #2911
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Hey all. Looking for a cheap ish compact ish gun. At reasonable pricing as ill be buying 3 of them. One for myself, my wife and my dad. I've been looking at the ruger security 9 compact. Anything similar that you guys have had solid experience with?
m&p compact.. ill never buy another ruger
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:28 AM   #2912
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
m&p compact.. ill never buy another ruger
I've had several Rugers over the last 10 years and never had an issue with one. Theyre nothing special but for entry level price on most of their products i cant knock them.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:43 AM   #2913
Veteran

Quote:
Hey all. Looking for a cheap ish compact ish gun. At reasonable pricing as ill be buying 3 of them. One for myself, my wife and my dad. I've been looking at the ruger security 9 compact. Anything similar that you guys have had solid experience with?

The good news is there are quite a few options available to you that come with a ton of different features. I have my preferences, and could make a recommendation based on what I carry. However, that may not be right for you or your family.

Are you looking for a particular caliber? Barrel length limitations? Weight? Single Action / Double Action? Railed? Slide milled for a red dot?

Some good compact automatic firearms in 9mm are below (assuming you don't want a revolver):

Sig Sauer P365
CZ P10C
FN 503 or FN 509 Compact
M&P Shield
Glock 43

I'd probably not stray from that group above. If you don't mind carrying a little or longer larger frame or barrel, then of course the selection opens up a bit. I may, or may not own, or have owned, quite a few firearms, so if you have any further questions feel free. The bottom line is- you, your wife, and Dad need to handle a few of them and see what fills their hand the best. Best case, they rent a couple and put some rounds downrange. If not-- there are gobs of videos for all these guns and you can better form an opinion and make a selection.
Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:14 AM   #2914
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheater5 View Post
The good news is there are quite a few options available to you that come with a ton of different features. I have my preferences, and could make a recommendation based on what I carry. However, that may not be right for you or your family.

Are you looking for a particular caliber? Barrel length limitations? Weight? Single Action / Double Action? Railed? Slide milled for a red dot?

Some good compact automatic firearms in 9mm are below (assuming you don't want a revolver):

Sig Sauer P365
CZ P10C
FN 503 or FN 509 Compact
M&P Shield
Glock 43

I'd probably not stray from that group above. If you don't mind carrying a little or longer larger frame or barrel, then of course the selection opens up a bit. I may, or may not own, or have owned, quite a few firearms, so if you have any further questions feel free. The bottom line is- you, your wife, and Dad need to handle a few of them and see what fills their hand the best. Best case, they rent a couple and put some rounds downrange. If not-- there are gobs of videos for all these guns and you can better form an opinion and make a selection.

For what its' worth - I carry the Sig P365 daily and am very, VERY well satisfied with it..
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:19 AM   #2915
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheater5 View Post

Sig Sauer P365
CZ P10C
FN 503 or FN 509 Compact
M&P Shield
Glock 43

Thanks for the list. I dont mind something a little bigger. I usually keep mine in my truck, theres literally room for a ar pistol in my center console lol. For my wife i was looking for something smaller .380/9mm range.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:01 AM   #2916
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Most of it has already been said. My safe is full of Rugers; good guns/great company.

My personal preference right now is S&W M&P 2.0 line, so I'd recommend something like either the M&P9Compact 2.0, M&P Shield9 2.0, or the M&P Shield EZ9.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 12:48 PM   #2917
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
Yeah, I don't think Trump is the impetus for much. I remember the absolute hatred for Richard Nixon and little happened then.

No, I truly, with all my heart, believe that this is something that has been brewing for 50 or so years.
I wonder what happened about 50 years ago?
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2020, 01:11 PM   #2918
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
I wonder what happened about 50 years ago?

Way before your time I guess.....but it was the 60s.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2020, 01:32 PM   #2919
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Most of it has already been said. My safe is full of Rugers; good guns/great company.

My personal preference right now is S&W M&P 2.0 line, so I'd recommend something like either the M&P9Compact 2.0, M&P Shield9 2.0, or the M&P Shield EZ9.
i had the m&p 2.0 compact for about a month and after shooting it a few sessions it just felt a little short in the grip. it shot great but didn’t like the grip. sold it and bought a walther ppq m2 and am in love
ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 06-16-2020, 01:39 PM   #2920
When pigs fly

Quote:
Thanks for the list. I dont mind something a little bigger. I usually keep mine in my truck, theres literally room for a ar pistol in my center console lol. For my wife i was looking for something smaller .380/9mm range.
If you don't mind a little bigger, I really like my Springfield XDm.
tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-16-2020, 01:46 PM   #2921
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

It is simply shocking to see how little inventory Palmetto has right now. Wow, just wow. And I can't imagine why...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2020, 01:49 PM   #2922
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
For what its' worth - I carry the Sig P365 daily and am very, VERY well satisfied with it..
Same here. In fact, it's replaced my beloved CZ as my daily carry gun. Can't recommend it highly enough.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:10 PM   #2923
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Same here. In fact, it's replaced my beloved CZ as my daily carry gun. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Took it with me when we went to Wyoming - just plinking a little on our land - and the one thing that stands out for me is the FUN of shooting it. It is a joy to shoot.

Carrying however, is the best part of it. I carry in my pocket and it looks like a cell phone with the DeSantis pocket holster. Simply outstanding!
Old 06-16-2020, 03:38 PM   #2924
Admitted Planet Junky

Man that Sig is Itty bitty. Half the size of my hand. Roughly 5 inches long and 3 inches tall. Hell to the no to a micro compact for me.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-16-2020, 04:57 PM   #2925
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Took it with me when we went to Wyoming - just plinking a little on our land - and the one thing that stands out for me is the FUN of shooting it. It is a joy to shoot.

Carrying however, is the best part of it. I carry in my pocket and it looks like a cell phone with the DeSantis pocket holster. Simply outstanding!
It's funny, the first time I shot it at the store where I bought it, I wasn't that impressed. I thought the trigger was a little stiff and figured I'd take it to my gunsmith to get it worked over. But then I took it to a private range where I could really run it, and it was like night and day - drawing from the holster and rapid firing it was great. No issues at all.

It's like the Sundance Kid - it's better when it moves.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.