Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-26-2024, 03:07 PM  
Politically Incorrect

Prescription eyeglasses: What a racket!

I've been wearing contact lenses for about 45 years and only wear my eyeglasses for backup, puttering around the house, to give me eyes a rest or for a quick short drive to a store or fast food drive through.

I hadn't bought new eyeglasses for about 14 years and they are beat up, scratched and old prescription.

During the last 3 months of my doctor-palooza visits, I went to my opthalmologist for a checkup. I suffered two retinal detachments, one in June 2002 in my right eye and the second with two tears in my left eye in May 2004, almost to the day.

My prescription is super high as my eyesight is horrible. I need binoculars to see 5 feet in front of me.

About a month ago got the checkup done and a new prescription.

This week I went shopping for a new pair of eyeglasses. I nearly fainted as I got prices with the frames I picked of $585-$730. The refractive lenses for high prescriptions was over $300 alone.

Today I went to Walmart vision and got a real nice pair of glasses and lenses for $213.

I felt like a champ leaving a Walmart. What a difference.

How the hell can a family afford eyeglasses if a couple of kids and one parent needs them.

Holy shit just crazy cost.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 06:27 PM   #31
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
The only complaint I have is that the high RX isn't compatible with rimless glasses that I have come across, unfortunately.
I have to pick the smallest, plastic frames. Less lens the better.

My lenses are so thick it sucks.

-8.50 right eye
-10.0 left eye and best they can do is 20/40
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.