Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-07-2024, 11:36 AM  
Supporter

The New NFL's "Hybrid Kickoff" Proposal

Thought this was interesting. It should be wild if this is implemented (possibly this season).

Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:40 AM   #2
The Insider

If it's the XFL model, it would be a good rule change
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:41 AM   #3
Kind of a mod

I like it in concept, but man...that's a lot of convoluted rules. I'd be more in favor of it if they simplified it a bit.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 11:42 AM   #4
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
If it's the XFL model, it would be a good rule change
I don't know exactly what is the XFL model but I believe they said it was a hybrid of that and the old NFL model.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:43 AM   #5
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I like it in concept, but man...that's a lot of convoluted rules. I'd be more in favor of it if they simplified it a bit.
I agree. Seems rather complex. Though it does sound a lot more fun and interesting than watching the kickoff go through the end zone 90% of the time. Should be wild.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:43 AM   #6
The man you could post like.

It's not THAT convoluted once you sit down and read it a bit but holy shit is it unnecessarily complicated.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
I agree. Seems rather complex. Though it does sound a lot more fun and interesting than watching the kickoff go through the end zone 90% of the time. Should be wild.
I think the most insane part is it's actually going to punish kickers badly for doing that going forward. The ball gets put at the THIRTY FIVE if it lands in the end zone or out the back of it.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:47 AM   #8

The kickoff team would follow the current alignment rules, with the 10 cover players, excluding only the kicker, required to have a foot on the opponent’s 40-yard line.

The bulk of the return team would be in a so-called “setup zone”, between the 30- and 35-yard line. At least nine players would have to be in that area, and six of them would have to have a foot on the 35.

Teams would then put one or two returners in the “landing zone,” which would be between the 20-yard and the goal line.

No one would be allowed to move other than the kicker and returners until the ball was fielded by a man on the return team.

No fair catches.

To incentivize creating returns, if the ball landed in the end zone, or went through the end zone, on the fly, a touchback would take the ball out to the 35-yard line.

If the ball, on the other hand, bounced in the landing zone, and was then downed in the end zone, a touchback would only take the ball to the 20-yard line.

If the ball didn’t get past the 20-yard line on the fly, it’d be treated as an out-of-bounds kick, and the offense would take possession on the 40.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:56 AM   #9
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
The kickoff team would follow the current alignment rules, with the 10 cover players, excluding only the kicker, required to have a foot on the opponent’s 40-yard line.

The bulk of the return team would be in a so-called “setup zone”, between the 30- and 35-yard line. At least nine players would have to be in that area, and six of them would have to have a foot on the 35.

Teams would then put one or two returners in the “landing zone,” which would be between the 20-yard and the goal line.

No one would be allowed to move other than the kicker and returners until the ball was fielded by a man on the return team.

No fair catches.

To incentivize creating returns, if the ball landed in the end zone, or went through the end zone, on the fly, a touchback would take the ball out to the 35-yard line.

If the ball, on the other hand, bounced in the landing zone, and was then downed in the end zone, a touchback would only take the ball to the 20-yard line.

If the ball didn’t get past the 20-yard line on the fly, it’d be treated as an out-of-bounds kick, and the offense would take possession on the 40.
I get why they want to do this, but I think I'd rather they just go back to the old kickoff spot (30 yard line I think?) so that it's harder to boot it through the end zone. Or hell, move it back even further so that only the biggest legs can get it there.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:58 AM   #10
I love your mom

Kickers having fun o thread the needle or else you give the other team the ball at 40 makes late game situations more entertaining and there will be TDs from this , once you get by the initial line your gone .
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-07-2024, 12:09 PM   #11
SuperChiefs

It's definitely a little over complicated, but I'm fine with it if it brings back some excitement to kickoffs
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2024, 12:12 PM   #12
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I get why they want to do this, but I think I'd rather they just go back to the old kickoff spot (30 yard line I think?) so that it's harder to boot it through the end zone. Or hell, move it back even further so that only the biggest legs can get it there.
Move it back, keep the alignment of the "Hybrid" rule and the can't move til it hits the ground or is caught. The ball cannot touch the ground before the 35 where the receiving team lines up or its treated like an OB kick and the offense starts at the 40.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-07-2024, 12:18 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
The idea is that the NFL wants to encourage returns, but without the huge collisions that happen with a 40yd running start. While this new approach is a little convoluted, I think it accomplishes the safety improvement for the NFL, and brings back returns for the fans.
Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.
Old 03-07-2024, 12:41 PM   #14
Abandoned Former Rams Fan

I like it other than the onside kick, granted it doesn't really change the existing onside kick rules much so it's no worse than it currently is, but to me one of the biggest things that was lost in the new kickoff rules was the onside kick became completely useless. Which takes games that could have possibly had a comeback & instead the game is just basically over when you're up more than 8 pts with under 3 minutes left.

Would love to see them allow the kicking team to recover in the landing zone, or even the area where all the blockers are located. So they would attempt a kick that would land as close to the 20 as possible & once it hits the ground both teams scramble for it. Would still allow for surprise onside kicks & actually give it a chance of being successful even when the opposition knows it's coming.
ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.
Old 03-07-2024, 12:55 PM   #15
Forever Royal

The New NFL's "Hybrid Kickoff" Proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
An interesting side effect is that this would effectively end squib kicks.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.