Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-23-2010, 06:36 PM  
Administrator

(Welcome to the) NEW Chiefsplanet SERVER!!!!

OK, the time has finally come... we have a new server!

I will be spending tonight and all day tomorrow transitioning to the new digs... I don't expect it to affect us until late tomorrow afternoon.

I will make give everybody a warning then take us offline for (hopefully!) 3-4 hours...

When we are done, we will have a new home with 6 TIMES the power and RAM as before... I expect to see some MAJOR upgrades in performance... once we have settled into the new server, I will start to prep us for a major upgrade to our Vbulletin software... but that may wait until the post season...

I know it's been a long time coming, but bear with me for a little longer and it will all be worth it!
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:01 AM   #271
MY LITTLE #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
This idea of limiting what people can talk about flies directly in the face of why this place was created. It was a big enough fight segregating politics from the main forum, trying to do away with it all together will result in a civil war.
It's the internet. Are you telling me that the football talk on here in't enough to keep you coming back? Plus, people are complaining about server issues. It's simply a suggestion in case it could help the situation. If it's not an issue, then keep it.

Those who know more about what they're talking about will ignore the ideas of the ignorant anyway. Trust me, I know.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:04 AM   #272
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv View Post
It's the internet. Are you telling me that the football talk on here in't enough to keep you coming back? Plus, people are complaining about server issues. It's simply a suggestion in case it could help the situation. If it's not an issue, then keep it.

Those who know more about what they're talking about will ignore the ideas of the ignorant anyway. Trust me, I know.
In the offseason no. This year was an unusual exception with all the drama with Tyreek. Id hope we have no more of those type of offseasons.

A normal offseason is a little football talk with a lot of poop threads.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:19 AM   #273
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
In the offseason no. This year was an unusual exception with all the drama with Tyreek. Id hope we have no more of those type of offseasons.

A normal offseason is a little football talk with a lot of poop threads.
Yeah, that was before we had Mahomes. I think we'll have a lot more football talk around here now that we are early dynasty mode instead of the Cassel/Thigpen/Croyle years.

As to the guy who said "what if it spills over into the lounge?" there's an easy answer for that. Lock/Delete political threads like that. Send repeat offenders to the Romper room for a while.

Sounds like its more of an equipment issue than a storage issue, so if we make no changes, fine. I'm just saying, if something has to go, that should be where we start the pruning.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:49 AM   #274
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
Yeah, that was before we had Mahomes. I think we'll have a lot more football talk around here now that we are early dynasty mode instead of the Cassel/Thigpen/Croyle years.

As to the guy who said "what if it spills over into the lounge?" there's an easy answer for that. Lock/Delete political threads like that. Send repeat offenders to the Romper room for a while.

Sounds like its more of an equipment issue than a storage issue, so if we make no changes, fine. I'm just saying, if something has to go, that should be where we start the pruning.
This is just not smart... I'm sure the traffic on DC/media/pictures does drive analytics that support ad revenue with DC having the most posts and traffic... I guarantee on game days DC/media/pictures aren't the problem as well. Let's get an estimate on what it would cost and put that out to the users.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:51 AM   #275
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv View Post

If the football talk is enough to keep us all coming back then we are good to go ahead and do away with all NFTs, right?

It’s not just the internet, it’s ChiefsPlanet. This place was created to be something different, and was done so for a reason.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:27 AM   #276
Kind of a mod

Just for the record, we're not actually considering dumping DC. Or any other subforum for that matter.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:36 AM   #277
Your mom

Hey Bill O'Reilly, what are your thoughts on the CP server?

CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:44 AM   #278
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Just for the record, we're not actually considering dumping DC. Or any other subforum for that matter.
I didn’t actually think it was a consideration amongst the actual decision makers. I just don’t get how some people actually advocate for it given the history of this place.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:47 AM   #279
MVP

If you're contemplating SSD, you might as well just go straight to NVMe. Especially if you're only looking at 2TB. An NVMe RAID 10 solution would be pretty cheap.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:29 PM   #280
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn View Post
Hey Bill O'Reilly, what are your thoughts on the CP server?

I love to laugh out loud!
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:32 PM   #281
Politically Incorrect

Hey, I just had an idea to boost the server AND get rid of the trolls:

Make this site a pay only of let's say $25 a YEAR.

Only dedicated Chiefs fans and a decent amount of money if a total of 1,000 people pay, that's $25,000 a year to buy a great setup and pay someone a small amount each month to maintain it.

What do you fellow members think?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:51 PM   #282
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Just for the record, we're not actually considering dumping DC.
That's it, I'm leaving forever.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:25 PM   #283
Needs more middle fingers

****ing server sucks today, eh?
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:34 PM   #284
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Yeah thats not an option. Starting over on new software with no accounts or history being transferred over. Thats just not realistic. There will be a revitalization of Chiefs hub.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:44 PM   #285
Retired Bearcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Yeah thats not an option. Starting over on new software with no accounts or history being transferred over. Thats just not realistic. There will be a revitalization of Chiefs hub.
If my post count gets reset I'LL leave forever.
HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.