Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-14-2020, 08:36 PM  
The Lurkiest

Getting restarted and opening back up.

It looks like smaller less populated states will lead the charge. Yes I know Texas and California are working that direction. Places like my home state of Idaho have not been as hard hit. The real question is how do you open back up.

I think many maybe even most companies can go back to work with a little intelligent and innovative work.

Basic offices could still have many people work from home. Those that can not you could run 2 shifts to bring the number of employees and distance between each to a reasonable manageable result. All employees can be made responsible for sanitizing their work area.

Your big issues come in on big venues, weddings theaters etc.

What is your industry and your ideas for safe re opening of it.

My thought is that we could discuss solutions. We all know the problems. How can you make your industry safe.
Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:41 PM   #2
Supporter

I’m essential. Didnt quit.

As big of a deal as the big events are, supply chain has more impact. It is absolutely critical to avoid interruption.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 08:51 PM   #3
Court Jester

I’ve actually been busier over the last month at work. Even more pressure to keep that whole internet thing working, especially with more people calling in at work.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 08:57 PM   #4
Admitted Planet Junky

Never stopped working.
Arkansas never did a stay at home order. Restaurants, Theatres, and Beauty parlors can limit numbers, do reservations or appointments only to keep some social distancing while bringing businesses back online slowly.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:05 PM   #5
The Lurkiest

My industry is cleaning and building maintenance we never quit but on the janitorial side small offices closed but the grocery related business doubled.

I am interested in seeing what our Governor will say tomorrow. New cases have been low once testing has "caught up" . Out stay at home expires tomorrow and the word is that it will be modified.
Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:19 PM   #6
Suupraa Geniuuusss

My company has been unaffected by the virus other than I'm working slightly more.

In AZ I think we're looking at a soft reopening soon. Problem is the restaurants and bars. I wonder how many of the mom-and-pop type places are going to reopen. Mainly because those are the places where I eat and drink and play pool.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:31 PM   #7
The Lurkiest

Restaurants can open, reduce capacity by 50 percent. The issue is that they may not be able to make a profit. Prices have to rise or people have to eat in a bigger window of time.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:32 PM   #8
The Lurkiest

Bars are screwed in my opinion but would love to hear ideas from. Someone in the bar business
Old 04-14-2020, 09:36 PM   #9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boise_Chief View Post
Restaurants can open, reduce capacity by 50 percent. The issue is that they may not be able to make a profit. Prices have to rise or people have to eat in a bigger window of time.
And you are assuming everyone wants to get out and be around others. It will be a half capacity crowd at half capacity. I guess that's something.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:40 PM   #10
Seeking the Truth daily

Im essential. Clients are a bit more into the distancing thing than I am but as long as they call and I know what needs to be sprayed, Im good with it. All my suppliers are essential but working a lot different...we have to call our order in then go to loading dock and they load out chemicals, no going into the warehouse and bullshitting with the help.

We could all go back to work pretty easy if everyone takes the right steps...dont go to work sick, stay home if you have even a hint of a fever or flu like symptoms

Restaurants may have to take a few tables out and keep a 6 foot safe space

We need to get back after it, as the media lacks shit to spin, we can get back to work.
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:58 PM   #11
The Truth

I'm finally starting to get nervous about the economy and how it's effecting me. I'm a managing partner and account executive for a credit card processing company. I'm 100% commission and I'm paid a percentage of net profit on each account I have. I get paid on business from 2 months back, so on April 1st I got my residuals from February. It's just an easier way of doing it. Plus with savings I'm good for 3-4 months if I don't change anything, but I've really downshifting my spending. I'm looking at volume and data for this month and I have 56 clients that haven't run a single transaction for the month. The other 96 are down 84% collectively from a normal month at this point. So right now I'm looking at my June residuals being right around 7% of normal. So a $8-10k pay cut for the month. I'm good until September before I would have to divest different retirement annuities and investments. I've got the exact data on small businesses and how bad they are hurting, including and especially their employees. I don't know the answer on how you get things up again, but the virus is gonna let us know. I fear if we go right back to everything being back to normal on a certain date by politicians we are going to pay a hellacious penalty. I didn't think this would last long enough to effect me financially, but I'll be ****ed with everyone else in a matter of time. Right now I don't see a baseball season being played and it could effect the NFL season...we just don't know. I do know if we **** up or do it too soon we are going to be worse off than we are now. Just hope and pray that between the states and federal governments that they get it right, regardless of how it effects their own ****in political careers. I understand all too well that politicians don't give 2 ****s about us unless it effects their next election. Godspeed to the decision makers!

One thing that this shit situation has done though is helped a lot of us believe in the human spirit again. So many great things you see from almost everyone in the sacred duty of protect thy neighbors. People everywhere doing what they can...I sure hope this continues once this virus ****s off from our lives.
GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 10:05 PM   #12
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Quote:
Bars are screwed in my opinion but would love to hear ideas from. Someone in the bar business
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
And you are assuming everyone wants to get out and be around others. It will be a half capacity crowd at half capacity. I guess that's something.
you can say hey we are open for business. But, until we have wide spread testing to know how far and wide it’s spread and contact tracing in place, people are not going to feel safe, go out in numbers to support businesses to stay afloat.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:10 PM   #13
The Lurkiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
I agree, we will lose 40% of restaurants in the next 6 mos. But some will survive. The economic fallout will be huge.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:10 PM   #14
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Any reopening is going to have to be by stages and by city/state. Can't just say "everyone's opening back up on the 15th!" That's just stupid.

For example, here in AZ, there were only 37 new cases today in Maricopa county, and just two new deaths. Things are tapering off pretty good now. I could see them deciding that for Maricopa some kind of soft reopening in one or two weeks if things continue to flatten out.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:17 PM   #15
The Lurkiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Any reopening is going to have to be by stages and by city/state. Can't just say "everyone's opening back up on the 15th!" That's just stupid.

For example, here in AZ, there were only 37 new cases today in Maricopa county, and just two new deaths. Things are tapering off pretty good now. I could see them deciding that for Maricopa some kind of soft reopening in one or two weeks if things continue to flatten out.
We are a week or 2 ahead of you here. Last 4 days 9 18 21 11 new cases state wide. Absolutely should be city county and state as far as that goes. North Idaho is almost case free in many areas. Here in Ada County is the most populous area. It should have more restrictions