Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-04-2018, 08:33 PM  
I'll be back.

Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Quote:
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:01 AM   #1411
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I would too but she looks pretty hefty. Is she always that.. solid looking?
I don’t know and I don’t care.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:11 AM   #1412
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I just want to say....I would Gina Carano. The whole thing.
Yes. In for the win. She’s not what she once was but I think that armor and whatever costuming she’s in doesn’t do her any favors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
It's Ludwig Göransson. He's scored both seasons of The Mandalorian and he scored Marvel's Black Panther, in which he created the Wakanda Theme and the Black Panther theme.

I recently did a "Spotlight" interview and one of the questions was "Who are your favorite composers?".

While I listed John Williams and others, I also mentioned that Ludwig is my favorite composer working today because he's breaking new ground with a Synthesizer/Sound Design/Orchestral Hybrid type of scoring that IMO, is absolutely amazing and astonishingly refreshing.

The dude is literally a genius composer.
I agree. But the music at the end when it tried to be triumphant and happy fell flat for me. That dark trooper shit though. That’s throwing 100.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:14 AM   #1413
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I would too but she looks pretty hefty. Is she always that.. solid looking?
Nah. Look her up from her MMA days.

I really think a lot of that is the costume. She’s definitely shaped different than a decade ago, but she’s 38.

And as a dude that’s a year and a day younger than her and used to push my body pretty hard, I get it.

EDIT: I get it and I’m down.

But she’d probably beat my ass when we were done because I’m such a pussy.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:24 AM   #1414
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Yes. In for the win. She’s not what she once was but I think that armor and whatever costuming she’s in doesn’t do her any favors.

BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:26 AM   #1415
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I agree. But the music at the end when it tried to be triumphant and happy fell flat for me. That dark trooper shit though. That’s throwing 100.
I haven’t even listened to the music.

If the story is good, I’m focused on the actors and story, then the next watch I’ll pick up more subtle aspects and VFX, then by the fourth or fifth pass, I’ll listen to the music to see how it fits with all of the other aspects.

The old saying is that “The best score is the score that goes unnoticed”, which I find holds true most of the time.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2020, 01:01 AM   #1416
MONTANA #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Can they just cancel the last 3 movies?

Just make a press release and say "Nah, we didn't mean it."

Put the Mandalorian crew on the job.
Filoni created something in the rebels series called the world between worlds that is canon. It allows for time travel basically. So it could be done, but you're talking about retconning an entire film trilogy. I don't think Disney would agree to it.
arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-19-2020, 01:50 AM   #1417
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I haven’t even listened to the music.

If the story is good, I’m focused on the actors and story, then the next watch I’ll pick up more subtle aspects and VFX, then by the fourth or fifth pass, I’ll listen to the music to see how it fits with all of the other aspects.

The old saying is that “The best score is the score that goes unnoticed”, which I find holds true most of the time.
Right. And it did. But at the end I noticed. Then dudes are in here talking about how good some scenes were, which when I think about it, were. So **** if I know. I’m one of the least musically inclined ****leheads to ever live. But that’s my opinion.

I’d have to watch and listen but I think it clashed with Luke’s theme a little too much.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 02:18 AM   #1418
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

Great season end. Loved it all. Wonder how boba will take over a mafia.
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 12-19-2020, 02:53 AM   #1419
Veteran

Spoiler!
Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.
Old 12-19-2020, 05:20 AM   #1420
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I just want to say....I would Gina Carano. The whole thing.
Oh hell yes.

Along with Ming-Na Wen, who is ridiculously good looking, then you remember that she is also 58 years old and

Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:19 AM   #1421
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme View Post
Oh hell yes.

Along with Ming-Na Wen, who is ridiculously good looking, then you remember that she is also 58 years old and

Holy shit, 58?!

She looks amazing for any age!
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2020, 07:38 AM   #1422
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Ming Na-Wen is the best example case for why you want an Asian wife that I’ve seen yet.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2020, 08:26 AM   #1423
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Oh hell yes.

GTFO I had no idea she was that old. Well done me lady!
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2020, 08:46 AM   #1424
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

So, fellow Star Wars EU "Legends" nerds...

What "legends" EU characters do we hope get introduced?

Let's list some notable ones:

Mara Jade - As a Zahn creation, she starts from a strong place. Her later story arcs and partnership with Luke obviously would need to be changed, but the core character is interesting and, if cast well, could be really dynamic and fun (you just have to take her end story in a different direction).

Gilad Pellaeon - Sticking with the Thrawn theme, he was someone that really made the Empire more interesting and deep for me in the EU. Also noticeably BA in his own right after years of work and training with Thrawn.

Quinlan Vos - One of the cooler End-of-the-Republic Jedi, he's technically in-canon already. He's complex and nuanced and would fit well in something set between the rise of the Empire and the original trilogy, and his psychometry ability could offer the opportunity for some really interesting narratives.

Corran Horn - You could have a lot of fun with a Force-using fighter pilot and fit him into a LOT of stories.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2020, 09:17 AM   #1425
Supporter

Quote:
Oh hell yes.

What? Wow.

That’s amazing.

She moves pretty well too.