Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 03:51 AM   Topic Starter
I got Rice cookin in the micro

1985 Royals film The thrill of it all

Nice memories here for those old enough to remember.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:51 AM   #2
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:54 AM   #3
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

We had this on VHS when I was a kid. I wore this tape out I watched it so much.
DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:21 AM   #4
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Ohhhhh Penz

You magnificent bastard. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing this in several years.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:15 AM   #5
Starter

Love that video. I had a VHS copy of it as a kid. I think the Royals gave away a DVD copy of it at a game to mark the 20 year anniversary. Since I couldn't go to the game, I bought a copy off ebay and forced anyone who came over to watch it.
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 07:20 AM   #6
Veteran

I remember this! We actually had it on Beta.
chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 07:33 AM   #7

8 games out at the break..
Old Today, 07:40 AM   #8

Have to go through my old scorecards but I saw 32 games that summer. And all of those September games against the Angels.
They were a damn good squad too.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:01 AM   #9
Repeal the 19th Amendment

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJay23 View Post
We had this on VHS when I was a kid. I wore this tape out I watched it so much.
Same here. We also had a VHS with an Al Michaels narrated feature of the ‘85 World Series.

My rotation as a young chap was The Thrill of it All, Super Duper Baseball Bloopers, The Natural, Ghostbusters, Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, and Flight of the Navigator.

Shee-it--would be something to transport back to early childhood for a day or two.

GeorgeZimZam is not part of the Right 53.GeorgeZimZam is not part of the Right 53.GeorgeZimZam is not part of the Right 53.GeorgeZimZam is not part of the Right 53.GeorgeZimZam is not part of the Right 53.GeorgeZimZam is not part of the Right 53.GeorgeZimZam is not part of the Right 53.GeorgeZimZam is not part of the Right 53.GeorgeZimZam is not part of the Right 53.GeorgeZimZam is not part of the Right 53.GeorgeZimZam is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 08:33 AM   #10
21st Century Schizoid Fan

One of my fondest memories remains sitting in my dorm room at Mizzou listening to that Angels series on the radio the last week of the season, with Brett going on one of his greatest tears. I still remember a Fred White call of one of his home runs, where Fred's voice cracked with emotion when he said "Gone!"

Brett should've been AL MVP that year, not Mattingly.
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:41 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
One of my fondest memories remains sitting in my dorm room at Mizzou listening to that Angels series on the radio the last week of the season, with Brett going on one of his greatest tears. I still remember a Fred White call of one of his home runs, where Fred's voice cracked with emotion when he said "Gone!"

Brett should've been AL MVP that year, not Mattingly.
And Brett had a grade 1 hamstring pull. And the Angels lineup had

Carew
DeCinces
Grich
Downing
Devon White
Reggie
Pettis

Their pitching was bad ass

Candelaria
Tommy john
Don Sutton
Mike Witt
Geoff Zahn
Donnie Moore (yourself - Cp Lexicon) eek
Old Today, 08:48 AM   #12

Although one never knows where he would have been in 1985, imagine that lineup with Lyman Bostock had he not been murdered in 1978.

That guy was a tremendous player.
Old Today, 08:53 AM   #13
Three-Pat

That video brings back memories. Love the Karate Kid theme associated with Brett. Also a great reminder of just how good and impactful he was to the Royals and KC sports. Also love thinking how KC kept the Angels from the possibility of winning two World Series in their history.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old Today, 09:06 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
That video brings back memories. Love the Karate Kid theme associated with Brett. Also a great reminder of just how good and impactful he was to the Royals and KC sports. Also love thinking how KC kept the Angels from the possibility of winning two World Series in their history.
Include in that what can only be described as a tragic loss in the ALCS (one strike away in game 5) before Dave Henderson became a temporary household name with that 2 out, 2 strike HR off Donnie Moore in the top of the 9th. (and Dave Henderson, going down the 1st base line, leaped so high as the ball went towards LF, that when he came down, he sprained his ankle.

Donnie Moore never recovered mentally.
Old Today, 09:17 AM   #15
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
Include in that what can only be described as a tragic loss in the ALCS (one strike away in game 5) before Dave Henderson became a temporary household name with that 2 out, 2 strike HR off Donnie Moore in the top of the 9th. (and Dave Henderson, going down the 1st base line, leaped so high as the ball went towards LF, that when he came down, he sprained his ankle.

Donnie Moore never recovered mentally.
I saw Donnie Moore in spring training with the Royals in Baseball City, FL in 1989, he was a non-roster invitee IIRC. Moore was warming up in the bullpen and pitching coach Frank Funk was walking down the first base line toward us and I asked him "Is that Donnie Moore down there?" And he just nodded.

A few months later, Donnie killed himself.
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.