Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-12-2023, 09:08 PM  
Sexiest Athlete

The new Dune 2 trailer may very well be the best trailer for a movie I've ever seen

I really liked the first installment, and the previous trailers for Dune 2 were good, but my jaw hit the floor watching this one....
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:13 PM   #61
Future NBA Finals MVP

I would definitely let Lady Jessica have it. That is a sexy space witch even with all the shit on her face.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:07 PM   #62
MVP

Villeneuve has already said he will be satisfied telling Herbert’s message through Messiah. If another director wants to pick up after that it will probably be someone else.
kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-04-2024, 10:45 AM   #63
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
The visuals are incredible. They do a really good job of making you feel like you're right there in the middle of the smoke and sand and chaos. 3hrs feels more like 1.5hrs. The pacing starts slow, but builds up the entire film. I really enjoyed it, and I thought they did a great job building the story with room for much more.
Never read the book. Did see the first movie.This was a fantastic movie. The visuals really send this movie to the must see category.

Saw it in a big theatre with great sound. Well done movie and would recommend even if you don't know shit about Dune.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 08:46 PM   #64
sorta mod-ish

(groan worthy, but I laughed)
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:45 PM   #65
sorta mod-ish

Waiting until this weekend to check it out. It's an effort to ignore this thread, lol.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:50 PM   #66
Threepeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I've never read the book and I didn't see the first movie. Can I go see this and understand it?
Just let the art flow over you….
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2024, 10:45 AM   #67
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcpasco View Post
Villeneuve has already said he will be satisfied telling Herbert’s message through Messiah. If another director wants to pick up after that it will probably be someone else.
I don't blame him. The books get progressively worse after Dune. Herbert hit it out of the park with the first one, but this series ain't Game of Thrones. Dune Messiah was okay, but without giving anything away, the main characters become seriously less relatable and likeable. Children of Dune was a slog, and God Emperor of Dune was awful; so bad, in fact, that I never finished it or bothered to read the fifth and sixth book. I'm told they're better than God Emperor. I don't care.

Going to see Part 2 in about an hour.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 03:34 PM   #68
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Well, I haven't been this thoroughly disappointed in a movie since Avatar. "Lawrence of Arabia of Science Fiction" my ass. Sure, it looked pretty, but it shit all over the book, and it also shit all over the promise of Part 1.

I basically feel like I just paid $40 to sit in a theater for three hours, eat shitty overpriced food and watch the Chiefs lose the Super Bowl.

Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:55 PM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I don't blame him. The books get progressively worse after Dune. Herbert hit it out of the park with the first one, but this series ain't Game of Thrones. Dune Messiah was okay, but without giving anything away, the main characters become seriously less relatable and likeable. Children of Dune was a slog, and God Emperor of Dune was awful; so bad, in fact, that I never finished it or bothered to read the fifth and sixth book. I'm told they're better than God Emperor. I don't care.

Going to see Part 2 in about an hour.
Messiah was written because of the people that didn’t get the message of the first book. It isn’t subtle and it’s is in your face. I agree with you on the rest of the series.

I think Denis felt like he needed to dumb it down to avoid that same mistake. Which is insulting if being truthful. But I still enjoyed it.

Last edited by kcpasco; 03-05-2024 at 09:03 PM..
kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-05-2024, 10:08 PM   #70
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Well, I haven't been this thoroughly disappointed in a movie since Avatar. "Lawrence of Arabia of Science Fiction" my ass. Sure, it looked pretty, but it shit all over the book, and it also shit all over the promise of Part 1.

I basically feel like I just paid $40 to sit in a theater for three hours, eat shitty overpriced food and watch the Chiefs lose the Super Bowl.

Sadly, that's what I expected your reaction to be.

I'm sorry you've never experienced an adaptation that brought you joy.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 11:22 PM   #71
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Sadly, that's what I expected your reaction to be.

I'm sorry you've never experienced an adaptation that brought you joy.
Yep. I think the only way I'll ever see it done right is if I do it myself. And that's not going to happen.

Such a wasted opportunity. You had the right director, a great cast (except for Walken, who was both miscast and awful), all the benefits of modern special effects and CGI done to perfection, and they pissed it all away playing games with the story. It just got progressively worse. By the end, it's like they just threw everything in a blender with the lid off, hit puree, scraped the splattered chunks off the walls and pieced them together randomly. So much screen time wasted on the whole ridiculous Chani changes that could have gone into properly developing the story. ****. They reduced both her and Jessica to vicious, scheming ****s. I guess the worst thing a woman can do is quietly and faithfully support a man she loves.

****ing woke Hollywood can rot in the deepest depths of hell. Today may well have been the last time I ever set foot inside a movie theater. They just don't make films for me anymore.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 12:34 AM   #72
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

7/10

I honestly felt like the editing was an issue, tone changes were not handled great. And wasted real estate on scenes that served little purpose.

However I feel like it’s a directors cut away from 10/10
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2024, 10:26 AM   #73
Future NBA Finals MVP

If I saw the first Dune in 1984 would it give away anything for Dune 3 today?
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2024, 12:31 PM   #74
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
7/10

I honestly felt like the editing was an issue, tone changes were not handled great. And wasted real estate on scenes that served little purpose.

However I feel like it’s a directors cut away from 10/10
Good luck with that. He doesn't do director's cuts.
Old 03-06-2024, 10:46 PM   #75
sorta mod-ish

It's been decades since I read the book, but it felt like they skipped a ton of shit in this movie. Is that accurate?

Incredible visual movie, but it just felt disjointed from the start.