Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2015, 02:47 PM  
Most Valuable Villain

Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread

Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:57 AM   #421
The Lurkiest

We have officially cut the cord. Directtv disconnected at midnight last night. They offered the moon but it just didn't matter anymore. A business model that abuses current customers in favor of possible new customers is the problem.
All a person wants is a fair deal that doesn't constantly change.
Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:14 AM   #422
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
I don't see why people get DirecTV and bitch about the NFLST prices, knowing already.
Agreed . It's ridiculous.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:38 AM   #423
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boise_Chief View Post
We have officially cut the cord. Directtv disconnected at midnight last night. They offered the moon but it just didn't matter anymore. A business model that abuses current customers in favor of possible new customers is the problem.

via GIPHY

siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:58 AM   #424
a haw haw haw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivers View Post
I respectively suggest you go back.

Been a user since 2001. Friday they offered $50/month off. Plus stated if I call after the 15th, they would give free ST Max with a new 1 year contract.
So I had to call today to get my other 6 receivers in the gameroom activated and ended up going to retention because the regular girl was having too hard a time finding the receivers on my account.I got a very nice young man in retention who got me activated and was apologizing for the delay.I was very polite back and mentioned that I had been with them since '98 and just didn't understand how many new DTV customers were getting so many perks and yet I was an almost 20 year customer.

He asked if I could give him 5 minutes and when he came back on informed me that he had credited my account three times,two @ $44.99 for July and August payments and $359 for the entire Ticket,just got the email confirmations a bit ago.
Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:56 AM   #425
Supporter

What approach are you taking with the call?

I've barely been able to get a human who isn't chewing on their own tongue.
No luck at all. They'd just let me walk from what I can tell.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:02 AM   #426
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post

Here are the steps I usually use.

1. As soon as they answer the phone.....tell them that you need to find out when your contract is up. When they ask you why....tell them that you want to find out because you're only with DTV because of Sunday Ticket and it costs too much for you to keep it. And since you won't be having Sunday Ticket this year....you want to cancel because (insert local cable name) is offering you a way better deal. You HAVE to speak to retention to get a deal. Normal customer service people can't offer you these deals.

2. Be nice as possible to whomever you talk to.

3. When they tell you when your contract is up.....ask them if they have any deals to match (insert cable company name here). If they come back with the normal, $10 off ST a month....tell them that's not enough. You want to get them down to their best and final offer.

It's all up to you and how much you want to pay for it. Some people are perfectly fine with $50-$100 off the cost of the ST. Some people aren't.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:08 AM   #427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post

Here's my story: My wife called three different times in late July to mid-August to speak to three different reps, telling each that we needed a break on our ST or else we were gone. The last two times she requested and got sent to customer retention, and each time they couldn't even get the price below $200.

We decided ahead of time that this year, we weren't bluffing. So a week ago I set up a free 7-day trial of Playstation Vue, which has gone swimmingly. Then last weekend I bought a Mohu Leaf HDTV indoor antenna to get local channels. That's been mostly good (with one glitch that I'm working on).

Last night, the wife (who's much better at negotiating than I am) called DTV, not to beg one last time, but to instruct them to cancel our subscription after 16 years. She immediately got transferred to a nice man who immediately offered us ST for free. Too late, she said: I asked for help three different times, warned y'all that we were leaving if we didn't get it, and was rebuffed each time. He basically pleaded with her to stay, but she was firm.

We needed to save money anyway -- I've been mulling cutting the cord for 2-3 years. It finally got to the point where it was doable to my satisfaction. But ending the yearly haggle over ST is a welcome benefit as well. That was the only reason I had kept DTV to begin with, so without that I just went the whole way.
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:12 AM   #428
Most Valuable Villain

I'm just waiting for streaming live sports to get better.....and then we're gone. I can get everything else through subscriptions.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:18 AM   #429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
I'm just waiting for streaming live sports to get better.....and then we're gone. I can get everything else through subscriptions.
As far as I can tell, the only thing I'm missing is the Chiefs every Sunday on ST.

Otherwise, I get all the broadcast channels with their live sports, plus my Vue package (the middle option at $35 a month) gives me ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, FS1, FS2, NBCSN, SEC Network, Big Ten Network, regional Fox channels, NFL Network -- and for NCAA hoops tournament stuff, TBS, TNT and Tru.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:23 AM   #430
Baba Ganoush

You guys have all year to save. Most of you wait u too the last minute and it hurts your bank account. Poor planning. Saving $350 for an entire is pretty damn simple.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:26 AM   #431
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boise_Chief View Post

Bingo.

**** them.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:26 AM   #432
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
You guys have all year to save. Most of you wait u too the last minute and it hurts your bank account. Poor planning. Saving $350 for an entire is pretty damn simple.
Or it's the fact that they over charge for a service that isn't worth $350.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:27 AM   #433

Quote:
You don't get it: WE DON'T WANT TO PAY $350 FOR SUNDAY TICKET. Especially when newbies are getting it for free.

Oh, wait, you do get it. You're just trolling.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:45 AM   #434
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
Here are the steps I usually use.

1. As soon as they answer the phone.....tell them that you need to find out when your contract is up. When they ask you why....tell them that you want to find out because you're only with DTV because of Sunday Ticket and it costs too much for you to keep it. And since you won't be having Sunday Ticket this year....you want to cancel because (insert local cable name) is offering you a way better deal. You HAVE to speak to retention to get a deal. Normal customer service people can't offer you these deals.

2. Be nice as possible to whomever you talk to.

3. When they tell you when your contract is up.....ask them if they have any deals to match (insert cable company name here). If they come back with the normal, $10 off ST a month....tell them that's not enough. You want to get them down to their best and final offer.

It's all up to you and how much you want to pay for it. Some people are perfectly fine with $50-$100 off the cost of the ST. Some people aren't.

This is generally my approach. This year, I had to get through all the way to telling the guy to set up cancellation on X date.

I think it also helps to be clear about what you want. In my case I was up front with the fact I needed to get my monthly bill down and ST for free. Anything short of that wasn't good enough.

They might not technically be able to give you ST for free, but they can couple a smaller charge with a one-time rebate. So technically for me, I got ST for $99, but they gave me a $99 one-time rebate.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:46 AM   #435
Always ask 'Why?"

Quote:
It's not the money, you simple minded idiot.

It's not taking care of the existing customers.
Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.