Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-30-2020, 08:56 PM  
The Boom Boom Room

Joe Montana Regrets Retiring After 1994

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 03:04 PM   #46
Now you've pissed me off!

There is a reason why SI ran a cover saying Dallas-SF was the real Super Bowl. The top of the NFC was in a different class then. Pittsburgh was a good team and they were throttled by the '95 Cowboys.

The best chance the Chiefs had was in '97, and Montana was long gone by then.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 03:08 PM   #47
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Not really. The Cowboys went down and scored with ease on the first drive (yes, Irvin pushed off of Dale Carter), but the Cowboys were firmly in control of that game at all points.
That's what I remember. Montana never had an Irvin type WR here in KC nor a playmaking TE either. Would have helped for sure.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 03:12 PM   #48
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 View Post
Joe doesn't/didn't play well in COLD weather.
San Francisco beat the Bears 28-3 on a brutally cold day at Soldier Field in the '88 NFC Championship Game.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 03:16 PM   #49
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
There is a reason why SI ran a cover saying Dallas-SF was the real Super Bowl. The top of the NFC was in a different class then. Pittsburgh was a good team and they were throttled by the '95 Cowboys.

The best chance the Chiefs had was in '97, and Montana was long gone by then.
They weren’t really throttled by Dallas. They trailed 20-17 in the 4th quarter before O’Donnell threw that horrible pick to Larry Brown at the end.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 03:23 PM   #50
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
That was 95 on Thanksgiving Day. And the Chiefs were not beating the Cowboys during that era.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...9511230dal.htm
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 03:36 PM   #51
pie is never free

All this talk about "we weren't beating the Cowboys" is giving me the redass... get Joe Cool to the big game in one piece, and ANYTHING was possible
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 03:52 PM   #52
Veteran

in 95 we were 1st in def and rushed for 2200 yards with an inferior qb. I think we were a Joe away in 95
poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.
Old 10-31-2020, 04:09 PM   #53
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolboy View Post
in 95 we were 1st in def and rushed for 2200 yards with an inferior qb. I think we were a Joe away in 95
It's not just Montana; it's equally infuriating to watch highlights of games from that era with Rich Gannon holding a ****ing clipboard while Bono and Grbac were on the field.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 04:43 PM   #54
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
It's not just Montana; it's equally infuriating to watch highlights of games from that era with Rich Gannon holding a ****ing clipboard while Bono and Grbac were on the field.
yes, that was def a window of opportunity
poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.
Old 10-31-2020, 07:35 PM   #55
I am Number Six

Quote:
Denise? is that you?

*ducks into the shelter*
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.
Old 10-31-2020, 07:46 PM   #56
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan View Post
Denise? is that you?

*ducks into the shelter*
Heh. If you said that to Raiderhader you'd need to go into witness protection. I don't really care.

Gannon being an infinitely superior quarterback to both Bono and Grbac is simply undeniable. I don't know what he did in practice or personally to either earn Marty's ire or not earn his respect, but we are all worse off for it. The worst thing Marty ever did, and I mean ever, was start that useless **** Grbac over Gannon in that playoff game against Denver. I remember in an interview Grunhard was asked what would have happened had Gannon started that game, and his reply was "I'd have a Super Bowl ring."

That game still haunts me. Mahomes and the Super Bowl diminished it some, but not much.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:22 PM   #57
MVP

I remember feeling bad for the old guy.

I really wanted to watch him play one more year to see what might have been, but I really didn't want to see him died on the field.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:12 PM   #58
I’m a Mahomo!

Great interview with Tim Grunhard & Joe Montana.

https://omny.fm/shows/additional-pro...ontana-1-27-21

He really enjoyed his time in KC.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:31 PM   #59
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Heh. If you said that to Raiderhader you'd need to go into witness protection. I don't really care.

Gannon being an infinitely superior quarterback to both Bono and Grbac is simply undeniable. I don't know what he did in practice or personally to either earn Marty's ire or not earn his respect, but we are all worse off for it. The worst thing Marty ever did, and I mean ever, was start that useless **** Grbac over Gannon in that playoff game against Denver. I remember in an interview Grunhard was asked what would have happened had Gannon started that game, and his reply was "I'd have a Super Bowl ring."

That game still haunts me. Mahomes and the Super Bowl diminished it some, but not much.
Nah man.

It's all just selective memory.

That team was 100% driven by the defense. Go back and watch the games - the team was exactly the same regardless of who was under center.

Should they have stuck with Gannon? Sure. Was it the difference between a 1st round loss and a Super Bowl ring? No ****ing way.

The difference between Gannon and Grbac was never big enough to overcome Marty. The worst thing Marty ever did was not step down after 1995.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:39 PM   #60
Veteran

Dunno about you guys, but this year with Mahomes and this team made me realize how far away we really were all those other years. We thought we were maybe close but it was never true. Now I know what it’s like to have a true super bowl caliber team and we were never that close until the last few years.
prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.