Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2017, 07:19 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****

IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-17-2017 at 09:40 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:32 AM   #27226
Arrowhead Trail of Tears

10 year deal with his salary being a % of the salary cap

Anyone signed a percentage based deal yet?
TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 12:40 AM   #27227
EvOlVeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post

that's another option
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-03-2020, 01:47 AM   #27228
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:

Essentially I was all for this idea. Why **** around? We know that we aren't going to move off of Mahomes in less than 10 years, if ever. My initial thought was sign him for 10 years, somewhere between 36 and 40 million/year. Guarantee say 175-250 million. His last 4 years or so will turn out to be a bargain based on how salaries are rising now.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2020, 07:34 AM   #27229
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:

15%?
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:26 AM   #27230
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Essentially I was all for this idea. Why **** around? We know that we aren't going to move off of Mahomes in less than 10 years, if ever. My initial thought was sign him for 10 years, somewhere between 36 and 40 million/year. Guarantee say 175-250 million. His last 4 years or so will turn out to be a bargain based on how salaries are rising now.
Yeah, I'd lock him down for 10 years, if he's willing to sign such a long deal.
AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:46 AM   #27231
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:

Thats what I've been saying. Cap goes up, his salary goes up. Give him a great signing bonus so he gets millions in the bank immediately.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:14 AM   #27232
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush View Post
Yeah, I'd lock him down for 10 years, if he's willing to sign such a long deal.
That is of course the rub. And even if he was willing, would his agent be for it?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:08 PM   #27233
Veteran

Quote:
That is of course the rub. And even if he was willing, would his agent be for it?
Who calls the shots him or his agent? Asking cause I’ve heard this mentioned before.
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:22 PM   #27234
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Clark View Post
Who calls the shots him or his agent? Asking cause I’ve heard this mentioned before.
I have no idea. His agent is Leigh Steinberg, the Jerry Maguire guy. My feeling is that it’ll be a collaborative effort. But Pat’s dad might also be a factor. Certainly if I were 25, and my dad was a former big league pitcher, I’d ask for his input.

If I was Patrick Mahomes knowing what I know now at 50, I’d probably take 30 million for 10 years. 200 million guaranteed and somehow require management to keep surrounding me with weapons and protection so I could avoid the whole Aaron Rodgers syndrome.

But I figured out about 20 years ago that money wasn’t that important to happiness. At his age I hadn’t figured that out yet.

Last edited by Megatron96; 03-03-2020 at 05:14 PM..
Old 03-03-2020, 04:56 PM   #27235
MVP

Quote:
I have no idea. His agent is leigh steinberg, the Jerry Maguire guy. My feeling is that it’ll be a collaborative effort. But pat’s dad might also be a factor. Certainly if I were 25, and my dad was a former big league pitcher, I’d ask for his input.

If I was Patrick Mahomes knowing what I know now at 50, I’d probably take 30 million for 10 years. 200 million guaranteed and somehow require management to keep surrounding me with weapons and protection so I could avoid the whole Aaron Rodgers syndrome.

But I figured out about 20 years ago that money wasn’t that important to happiness. At his age I hadn’t figured that out yet.
Should be much higher than 200 guaranteed in your scenario. 30 per year is going to be an absolute joke in 5 years. Salary cap will be much higher and 30 is already a serious discount in the current market with Goff and Wentz above 32.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:13 PM   #27236
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
Should be much higher than 200 guaranteed in your scenario. 30 per year is going to be an absolute joke in 5 years. Salary cap will be much higher and 30 is already a serious discount in the current market with Goff and Wentz above 32.
I just threw 200 million out there. Whatever. My point was just that if I were Mahomes, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't need to be the highest paid player in the universe. I wouldn't need more than the 200 million. Honestly I wouldn't need more than a 100 million. When I was his age, yeah sure, I'd tell my agent I wanted as much as I could get, because back when I was in my 20s, I was about the money.

Now, 30 years later, I know that I don't need all of that, and if by taking less I could ensure continuous success, and great players around me every year, and still have more money than I'd ever be able to spend, I'd go that route 100% of the time.

But realistically in this scenario, I'm guessing somewhere around 250 million guaranteed? It'd still be the highest amount ever guaranteed, I think.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:33 PM   #27237
MVP

Quote:
I just threw 200 million out there. Whatever. My point was just that if I were Mahomes, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't need to be the highest paid player in the universe. I wouldn't need more than the 200 million. Honestly I wouldn't need more than a 100 million. When I was his age, yeah sure, I'd tell my agent I wanted as much as I could get, because back when I was in my 20s, I was about the money.

Now, 30 years later, I know that I don't need all of that, and if by taking less I could ensure continuous success, and great players around me every year, and still have more money than I'd ever be able to spend, I'd go that route 100% of the time.

But realistically in this scenario, I'm guessing somewhere around 250 million guaranteed? It'd still be the highest amount ever guaranteed, I think.
Yes, 250 guaranteed is more like it. Jared Goff set the record at 110 guaranteed and it was 80% of his total contract. For a 300 total contract, 80% guaranteed would be 240.

I agree with your point on trying to win championships instead of demanding top dollar. He wants to be a GOAT level player and I think he needs 3-4 rings to be in the conversation. If he does a discount on salary, the guaranteed money needs to be off the charts incredible.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-03-2020, 06:25 PM   #27238
MVP

The restrictions! Laxatives required for no toilet straining
OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-03-2020, 07:01 PM   #27239
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
I need this!
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:22 PM   #27240
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Someone over at ArrowheadPride must've peeked at our thread here recently:

Creating a ‘team-friendly’ $400 million contract for Patrick Mahomes

"A month ago — two days after the Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl — I wrote an article suggesting that the team might be considering a contract that would pay Patrick Mahomes as much as $400 million. It was based on something Ian Rapoport had said on NFL Network . . ."

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/...atrick-mahomes