Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-21-2020, 10:42 PM   #2
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post

I legit want them to offer him a fixed percentage of the salary cap every year.

If it goes up, so does his contract.
Isn't that something the NFL wants? I thought that was something we had discussed in another thread.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:28 PM   #3
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Isn't that something the NFL wants? I thought that was something we had discussed in another thread.
The league? Definitely not. Players and agents? Probably.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:55 PM   #4
Most Valuable Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
**** it.

I legit want them to offer him a fixed percentage of the salary cap every year.

If it goes up, so does his contract.

Give him a true "career contract"
This is what I'd like, as well. 13-17% of the salary cap each year.
teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:02 PM   #5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedubya View Post
I can't see any way 13% gets it done. That would be a little over $25 million this year. I have a hard time seeing anything below 18% getting it done. What would motivate him, or anyone for that matter, to take a deal like that that would take years of salary cap escalation to get to the "top tier" QB salaries? Couple that with the possibility of the cap decreasing or seemingly at best, a small increase in 2021 after. I can't expect the typical yearly cap increase next year that we have seen for a while now.

I would trust Veach and the cap guys to be able to continually field a very good team at other important cornerstone positions with 82% of the cap.
DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:07 PM   #6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRyan View Post
I can't see any way 13% gets it done. That would be a little over $25 million this year. I have a hard time seeing anything below 18% getting it done. What would motivate him, or anyone for that matter, to take a deal like that that would take years of salary cap escalation to get to the "top tier" QB salaries? Couple that with the possibility of the cap decreasing or seemingly at best, a small increase in 2021 after. I can't expect the typical yearly cap increase next year that we have seen for a while now.

I would trust Veach and the cap guys to be able to continually field a very good team at other important cornerstone positions with 82% of the cap.
One thing to remember is his cap number the next two years is like $5 million a year. It would still be a large raise the next few years, and then jump as the cap jumps. You’re certainly right, would have to be higher than 13% and or have some performance kickers.
Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:16 PM   #7
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Lex View Post
One thing to remember is his cap number the next two years is like $5 million a year. It would still be a large raise the next few years, and then jump as the cap jumps. You’re certainly right, would have to be higher than 13% and or have some performance kickers.
5+ million this year. Next year is just short of 25 million.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 02:41 PM   #8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
5+ million this year. Next year is just short of 25 million.
Damn, the 5th year option really jumps. Thanks for sharing, that takes away some value.
Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:04 PM   #9
Veteran

Quote:
All but assures Patrick gets fair compensation while allowing the team the ability to stay competitive and plan ahead each and every year.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:33 PM   #10
Most Valuable Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Lex View Post
All but assures Patrick gets fair compensation while allowing the team the ability to stay competitive and plan ahead each and every year.
He's said, he's experienced a shitty team and him getting big numbers at Texas Tech... he prefers being a part of a winner. So, I think he's going to work with the team like Brady did, perhaps...
teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:57 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
He's said, he's experienced a shitty team and him getting big numbers at Texas Tech... he prefers being a part of a winner. So, I think he's going to work with the team like Brady did, perhaps...
To an extent maybe. But the team had him on dirt cheap salary/cap hit in 2018. They also delivered one of the worst defenses in league history to "help" him attempt a run at the Super Bowl. They improved it enough in 2019 to get the job done.

But I guess the point I am making is that giving the team a discount does not guarantee that they will give him the support that he needs to win championships. They made good moves for 2019 season, but they really screwed it up for 2018 on the defensive side of the ball.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.