Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-24-2019, 07:30 PM  
Veteran

Andrew Luck Retires

Filed to ESPN: Andrew Luck has informed the Colts he is retiring from the NFL, per source. There will be a press conference Sunday to make it official, but Luck is mentally worn down, and now checking out.

Per schefter
Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-28-2019, 02:18 PM   #781
My Mamma Says

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
How do you correlate me hating my life w that post? Maybe you should take some reading comprehension classes?

I wouldnt say I am worked up I'm just making a few posts voicing my opinion. As usual because I'm not a follower and going along w the crowd many here on CP want to act like I am obsessed w Luck retiring which is ridiculous.

It is what it is. Lucks life, he has a right to do what he feels is best for him and I have a right to think he is a dick for retiring 2-weeks before the start of the season. Not a big deal either way.
I have a feeling he wanted to retire before training camp.. The Colts talked him into trying to play cause they thought when he got around his teammates he would stick it out...
What I don’t understand is why didn’t they just IR him and just quietly retire after the season..
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2019, 02:23 PM   #782
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
As a fan, it’s really quite amazing how different the future of the franchise looks now than it did Saturday afternoon.

All because of one guy.
So I take it there is a lot of hate towards Isray now? This is all his doing.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2019, 02:58 PM   #783
Itinerant degenerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Nah. No more than usual, not that I’ve seen. He screwed up, and I think he knows it.
Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:02 PM   #784
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
To the extent that he continued to employ Ryan Grigson, then yes, blame Irsay.

But man, Grigson is the real architect of this cluster****.

What an unparalleled disaster that guy was.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:15 PM   #785

Actually, let me walk that back juuuuuuust a little bit.

Remember that time the Colts were about to move on from Pagano and Grigson but instead of doing that decided to extend them BOTH to the shock of just about everyone?

https://deadspin.com/what-are-the-co...ing-1751092649

And why? Because "talks with Sean Payton broke down..."

So if Irsay pays what it would've taken to get Payton in 2016 and shitcans Grigson a year sooner - do things play out differently? Luck had absorbed quite a pounding by then but the lost 2017 season hadn't happened yet (just the lost 2015 season).

It may not have saved things; Grigson was such a cataclysmic failure that he may have already sowed the seeds of Luck's eventual retirement even prior to the 2016 season. But then again, I gotta imagine playing for Sean Payton would be quite a bit of fun as a QB and maybe the debacle of 2017 never happens with him instead.

But really - Ryan Grigson, man. What a moron. I mean when your GM looks like a sallow and particularly unintelligent mutant, maybe that should've been a red flag. The guy looks like a nuclear experiment that worked for a minute - then they left him in there cooking just a little too long and things went terribly awry. And I'm not sure he's physically capable of breathing through his nose.

Or tying his own shoes.

I mean as much as I hate Scott Pioli, I'd have taken him 100 times out of 100 over Ryan Grigson. That guy may be the worst executive in the history of professional sports.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:21 PM   #786
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman34 View Post
I have a feeling he wanted to retire before training camp.. The Colts talked him into trying to play cause they thought when he got around his teammates he would stick it out...
What I don’t understand is why didn’t they just IR him and just quietly retire after the season..
Probably had to do if they admitted his injury is for the season, they would have to pay him for the season and admitted the injury was that severe maybe have to offer a injury settlement for the remaining years.

This way it is his choice and not entitled to injury money and the Colts just agree not to claw back the money they already gave him. Besides it seems like the franchise has lied way too much already on Luck's status.
Shields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-28-2019, 03:23 PM   #787
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Actually, let me walk that back juuuuuuust a little bit.

Remember that time the Colts were about to move on from Pagano and Grigson but instead of doing that decided to extend them BOTH to the shock of just about everyone?

https://deadspin.com/what-are-the-co...ing-1751092649

And why? Because "talks with Sean Payton broke down..."

So if Irsay pays what it would've taken to get Payton in 2016 and shitcans Grigson a year sooner - do things play out differently? Luck had absorbed quite a pounding by then but the lost 2017 season hadn't happened yet (just the lost 2015 season).

It may not have saved things; Grigson was such a cataclysmic failure that he may have already sowed the seeds of Luck's eventual retirement even prior to the 2016 season. But then again, I gotta imagine playing for Sean Payton would be quite a bit of fun as a QB and maybe the debacle of 2017 never happens with him instead.

But really - Ryan Grigson, man. What a moron. I mean when your GM looks like a sallow and particularly unintelligent mutant, maybe that should've been a red flag. The guy looks like a nuclear experiment that worked for a minute - then they left him in there cooking just a little too long and things went terribly awry. And I'm not sure he's physically capable of breathing through his nose.

Or tying his own shoes.

I mean as much as I hate Scott Pioli, I'd have taken him 100 times out of 100 over Ryan Grigson. That guy may be the worst executive in the history of professional sports.
I don't think you listen to it, but Middlekauf talks about him a lot and that he was in Philly with him in the early 2010's. He said behind the scenes they were all shocked and pretty stunned that he actually got the GM job in the first place. They all thought he was terrible then.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:28 PM   #788

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I don't think you listen to it, but Middlekauf talks about him a lot and that he was in Philly with him in the early 2010's. He said behind the scenes they were all shocked and pretty stunned that he actually got the GM job in the first place. They all thought he was terrible then.
I just feel like this is now the bar for true rage-posting.

"Did my owner just make a decision that will move us inexorably towards the retirement of my 29 year old potential HoF quarterback?"

If the answer is 'no' then you can still be upset - but perhaps not as upset as you would like to be. Because seriously - remember that time that Irsay extended Pagano and Grigson instead of firing them both like the entire league thought he was going to do?

That actually happened. And it went...poorly.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:30 PM   #789
In Search of a Life

Irsay should get some fault in this. He's truly terrible.

I feel bad for Colt fans, but really, **** them.

They had Peyton and they had Luck. Let them suffer thru some Tyler Palko and Matt Cassel years.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:35 PM   #790
Politically Incorrect

Ezekiel Elliot could retire now since he has made $16.4 million already. That's how crazy the realty is of how much these guys make. Certainly not all of them make that kind of money but shit, you have 3-4 good years and save your money you're home free for life.

You could be 26-27 and sitting on $10,000,000.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:35 PM   #791

Quote:

They had Peyton and they had Luck. Let them suffer thru some Tyler Palko and Matt Cassel years.
Their disaster scenario is a QB I'd have taken over every QB we had from 1994 through 2018 apart from Trent Green.

It isn't because Brissett is good. It's because he might be.

The odds of him being close to as good as Alex Smith was for his time here are remote at best. But there's some ceiling there. When we had Matt Cassel we were putting Brady Quinn behind him as 'competition'. When they had a genuinely excellent QB under center they at least had themselves a credible young backup who has shown flashes of good play.

I mean they can't bitch that much - that's probably still a team that can challenge .500.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:37 PM   #792
Going home eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Ezekiel Elliot could retire now since he has made $16.4 million already. That's how crazy the realty is of how much these guys make. Certainly not all of them make that kind of money but shit, you have 3-4 good years and save your money you're home free for life.

You could be 26-27 and sitting on $10,000,000.
I could say something here but I won't risk the snowflakes banning me again over nothing.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:37 PM   #793
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Their disaster scenario is a QB I'd have taken over every QB we had from 1994 through 2018 apart from Trent Green.

It isn't because Brissett is good. It's because he might be.

The odds of him being close to as good as Alex Smith was for his time here are remote at best. But there's some ceiling there. When we had Matt Cassel we were putting Brady Quinn behind him as 'competition'. When they had a genuinely excellent QB under center they at least had themselves a credible young backup who has shown flashes of good play.

I mean they can't bitch that much - that's probably still a team that can challenge .500.
Yeah and they've got a good GM and HC.

I don't know what Brissett is or will be. Hopefully not good. I'd like them to rot for a while, but even if he's not good, how many teams are really gonna be in line for a new QB draft time next year?

Looking around the league, you've got a few obvious ones like Cincy maybe, but outside them and the Dolphins, who else is in dire need?
Old 08-28-2019, 03:43 PM   #794
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
I could say something here but I won't risk the snowflakes banning me again over nothing.
Just say it, tuckdaddy
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:42 PM   #795
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:

How is this Irsays fault? Luck decided to retire it was his decisions, not Irsays.

Last edited by PAChiefsGuy; 08-28-2019 at 04:51 PM..
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.