Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-15-2013, 04:27 AM  
ON CP YOU’RE SOMEBODY’S BITCH!

*** Official Youth, High School, College and International Wrestling Thread ***

I can't be the only wrestling fan on this site. In fact, I know I that's not the case. The almighty king of n00bs, Sorter, is a wrestling fan. I figure there could be more.....????

Discuss anything wrestling related:

Youth wrestling: Heck, wrestling in Iowa has a rabid Youth wrestling scene...I lived through it, my younger brother lived through it and my brothers who are 15 and 13 are living through it, well the 13 year old is anyway...he's in high school. The 13 year old is a 7th grader who has been wrestling since he was 5 years old and has accumulated 4 state championships since his second grade year...a total badass. Believe it or not, Iowa has a youth wrestling forum that is hopping...even during the summer. Iowans take this stuff seriously. I'm assuming other states have rabid youth followings, for when I watch my bros at National tourneys, we are constantly running into kids and super clubs from other states that are amazing. Ironically, one of the biggest youth tourneys our club hits annually is the Park Hill Individual and Dual tournament...which to my knowledge is in Kansas City (I've never attended that one). Do any of you have kids who are wrestling? If so, how are they doing?

High School Wrestling: High school and college wrestling in Iowa is big... we are known for it, ask AC Slater. State tournament is a big, televised event at the Wells Fargo dome...you will see probably 10 times more spectators at state wrestling in Iowa then any other high school sporting event in Iowa. With some of the crazy talent I have seen/wrestled against at Fargo Nationals, I am assuming that it's either on the rise or just as big in other states as well... What are your thoughts on some of the high school wrestlers and/or teams out there?

College Wrestling: Hell, you Missourians semi-recently had those Askren brothers. I've never met Max, but have met Ben. He was the celebrity guest at Iowa Grade School State one year...he signed autographs and handed the medals and wall charts to all of the kids on the podium that year, which was cool because my youngest brother won it that year and was able to get his championship singlet signed by him. I was with my brother when he approached him....Askren struck me as a funny, goofy type of dude. I don't know Max, but someone posted his blog on an Iowa wrestling message board and the dude seems like a character. I know there are some Oklahomans' who post on this board. Anyone see Okie State defeat Iowa this past weekend? Iowa's first dual loss of the year. Anyone have any thoughts on college wrestling?

International Wrestling: Any of you have any thoughts on the international wrestling scene? Future Olympians, future Olympic champs, future World champs, Greco, Freestyle, etc.?

Wrestling Memories/General Discussion: Any of you have any memories you'd like to share from your personal experience(s) of wrestling when you were in youth, high school or college? Any opinions on females wrestling with males. Last year, a girl named Megan Black made history in Iowa by placing at state. Do you believe females should be able to wrestle with males at that age? Any thoughts on weight cutting? What are some of the most memorable matches to you? Who are your favorite wrestlers? One match that always sticks out to me is this:

Crazy match.

My favorite wrestler (besides my bros and former teammates) of all time is ironically not an Iowan. I don't really have a favorite team in wrestling...I root for individuals. It's a dude from Ohio that I initially hated because I didn't like the way he conducted himself after a match vs. my brother in the national duals when he and my brother were Seniors in High School, in which he defeated my brother. Kid was cocky. He and my brother both went on to wrestle D1, so I followed him since I knew who he was. I ended up becoming a huge fan of the kid's style...the kid could hit cradles from ANY position. He went on to win 2 National titles for Ohio State...and did so both years as an underdog, for he'd lose quite a few silly matches during the season, presumably due to his risky, but dangerous style that worked well for him at NCAA Nationals. It's a dude named Jeff Jaggers. First vid is what really put his name on the map as a high school wrestler. 2nd vid is his 1st NCAA championship as a Junior, in a match where he was a huge underdog, broke his ankle during the match and gutted it out and won. My favorite wrestlers tend to be the ones who are risk takers or brawlers...not afraid to be aggressive or take chances. I can't stand stallish wrestlers who are successful as hell simply because they don't open up and therefore don't give up points and score their own points by capitalizing on the other wrestler's aggression. Boring.

So what ya got?

Note: I have been posting on wrestling message boards for 12 years and I (and I'm sure everyone else involved with the sport) have heard every wrestling joke (rolling around with men, etc.) imaginable, but if ya want to clown on the sport, shoot... it was inevitable to happen anyways on CP, so have at it!
rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2022, 08:48 PM   #661
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phisherman View Post
Keegan O'Toole, national champ for Mizzou. wrestled tough as hell in the finals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2022, 01:05 PM   #662

I tell you what... someday I could write a very interesting book about these past 4 years with my youngest brother, Brennan's wrestling journey that continues to be just crazy as well as my journey of the past 2.5 years of building what is now one of the biggest wrestling media outlets that exists, The Pin Doctors aka PinDox.

So Brennan went from quitting wrestling after HS due to being heartbroken after losing in the state finals for the 2nd time as a Senior and falling just short of becoming a state champ to playing football at Graceland University on a scholarship to all the sudden missing the sport of wrestling halfway through his Freshmen year, so he went out in January and ended up becoming one of the only Freshman All-Americans in all of NAIA that year to winning NAIA Nationals the next 2 seasons (1 season was a free covid year that didn't hurt his eligibility), being named the Outstanding Wrestler Of the Heart Of America Conference both years, to transferring to the Iowa Hawkeyes aka one of the best teams in the country, to putting together a first/redshirt season for the Hawkleyes that had some highs and lows to now.... in which, now, very recently, Brennan has made a transition in his wrestling game to where he is a straight-up D1 hammer... Brennan placed 3rd at the U23 World Team Trials at 79 kgs...a bracket that had 112 collegiate level wrestlers in it, most of them D1. He got beat in the semifinals because of one of the most controversial "slip" calls I've ever seen... to be honest, he got robbed and should have made the finals. But he bounced back for 3rd... and beat Illinois's and Michigan State's starters to do so. He also teched out the 2021 Pan-Am Champ, Sam Wolfe out of Air Force. He also pinned Edmond Ruth, a stud out of Illinois and brother to 3x national Champion from Penn State, Edward Ruth... some say he has just as much potential as his older brother. And Brennan pinned him with what Head Coach Tom Brands described as "the best headlock he has seen in D1 in 20 years." I mean, he placed 3rd at this huge tourney that many believe he should have won and beat a bunch of really great wrestlers in doing so... it's not like he wasn't battle-tested. He is a legit D1 hammer now and it is a lot of fun being his brother right now. It's crazy to think that he started out his collegiate career as a guy on a football scholarship who never wanted to wrestle again...Never would have guessed that he would work his way to becoming a Hawkeye hammer....

Here is his highlight reel I made for him a couple weeks ago. These highlights are all from the World Team Trials... let me know what you think!!!

Here's his headlock match vs. Ed Ruth:

Here is the semifinal match that he lost and most believe shouldn't have, vs Mickey O'Malley of Drexel:

This is his conolation semis win over 2X NCAA Qualifier, Dan Braunagel of Illinois:

Last edited by rico; 06-21-2022 at 01:15 PM..
rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2022, 10:21 AM   #663

So this Pin Doctors thing that I started a couple years ago has gotten huge. Almost at 30k followers right now and average 3.5 million readers a week. It’s getting to the point where I can’t keep up with my pm’s every day because I receive an average of about 50 per day and it’s just crazy… I quit my job a while back to pursue some sort of monetization process with it… it’s a process… a slow one… and I am struggling bad. Basically the only thing I have consistently going right now is a subscription only section, in which I am able to make some stuff free and some stuff for a fee that I chose… I ended up choosing the lowest fee of $4.99… dunno if that was a good move or not.

Anyways, to any of you wrestling fans out there who may be interested, I just wanted to let you know about the subscription only stuff I just set up there, for it’s literally my only source of income right now.

The page is called “The Pin Doctors” and my home base for that is generally Facebook… I’ll write about anything wrestling-related, from any region, for any talent-level…. And my goal is always to write content that a non wrestler could find interesting.

So to any of you out there who loves wrestling content or would just love to help a CP brother out when he’s struggling, here is the link to the subscription section and I promise I won’t let you guys down! I post really interesting and different types of wrestling stories that have been received well.

Thanks guys…

Shout-out to Junior out of Akron-Westfield HS, Cael Morrow, for not only did he win the Cherokee Invite this last weekend, but he also picked up his 100th win in doing so! Cael was the state runner-up at 1A 106 last year. He had a HUGE win over Jayden Rinken of Nashua-Plainfield in the semis at state last year. He’s a TOUGH wrestler.

https://www.facebook.com/becomesupporter/thepindoctors/
Old 04-29-2023, 04:03 PM   #664

I can't take it anymore... I have to show my CP homies how much of a macho man I am (was)!!!

So my HS wrestling coach hooked me up with a bunch of VCR tapes of duals and tourneys from my day (1998-2001 was my HS years) and I found a bunch of my old wrestling matches in them! So what was my next step?!?! I made a highlight reel of myself, of course!! Lol, and shamelessly so! I've made like 50 of these for other dudes... You think it's possibleto shake off the thought of what you would look like in a reel?!?! Haha, I lasted like 2 days!

So here is a video of a lot of my HS wrestling career! Let me know what you think!

Old 04-29-2023, 05:20 PM   #665
Spooky Action

More cradles than a nursery!

I checked out your YT channel the other night, good stuff.
EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 06:40 PM   #666

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPodolak View Post
More cradles than a nursery!

I checked out your YT channel the other night, good stuff.
Right on! The Facebook page is where it’s hopping! Up to 42K followers there now! Thanks for watching it man! Did you wrestle?!
Old 04-29-2023, 08:03 PM   #667
Spooky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
Right on! The Facebook page is where it’s hopping! Up to 42K followers there now! Thanks for watching it man! Did you wrestle?!
Yeah, and still a fan. Got to see the NCAA tourney in Tulsa last month.
EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-29-2023, 10:53 PM   #668
MTFU

Quote:
I can't take it anymore... I have to show my CP homies how much of a macho man I am (was)!!!

So my HS wrestling coach hooked me up with a bunch of VCR tapes of duals and tourneys from my day (1998-2001 was my HS years) and I found a bunch of my old wrestling matches in them! So what was my next step?!?! I made a highlight reel of myself, of course!! Lol, and shamelessly so! I've made like 50 of these for other dudes... You think it's possibleto shake off the thought of what you would look like in a reel?!?! Haha, I lasted like 2 days!

So here is a video of a lot of my HS wrestling career! Let me know what you think!

Nice first move
thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2023, 01:05 AM   #669

Quote:
Yeah, and still a fan. Got to see the NCAA tourney in Tulsa last month.
I’ve never in my life seen the NCAA Tournament. They are the only ones who ever turn down my credential requests anymore and last time I flipped out on them and publicly blasted them on the page, so yeah… lol will prolly never Happen

Vito Arujau is insane…

My brother shares a locker with Spencer Lee… they come in doubles and Brennan and Spencer were assigned to the same one… therefore Spencer is who my bro talks to every day before and after practice. He loves the guy. Brennan got shoulder surgery and is just now starting to drill… took a medical this year!
Old 04-30-2023, 01:05 AM   #670

Quote:
Originally Posted by thabear04 View Post
Nice first move
The one at the beginning of the reel or just a first move off the whistle in general?
Old 04-30-2023, 04:24 AM   #671

Here are a couple reels I recently made for Mark Schwab of Osage HS and Johnny Scott of Waterloo East. Most all wrestling fans are aware of Mark Schwab. He's considered one of the best ever HS wrestlers... 4X state champ, 5X National champ... battled a horrible injury in college at UNI... His bro Doug is now coach at UNI... He won a natty title for the Hawkeyes in the '90s... I've become pretty good friends with Mark the past couple years... one of my fave people...

Johnny Scott is known as the dude who's mom attacked the ref in two out of the 3 years he got 2nd at state, which sucks because he was phenomenal... That's why I made a reel for him... so people will remember him for his wrestling... Poor guy placed 4-2-2-2 at state and lost all finals matches by 1 point....

Old 04-30-2023, 02:26 PM   #672
Spooky Action

Quote:
I’ve never in my life seen the NCAA Tournament. They are the only ones who ever turn down my credential requests anymore and last time I flipped out on them and publicly blasted them on the page, so yeah… lol will prolly never Happen

Vito Arujau is insane…

My brother shares a locker with Spencer Lee… they come in doubles and Brennan and Spencer were assigned to the same one… therefore Spencer is who my bro talks to every day before and after practice. He loves the guy. Brennan got shoulder surgery and is just now starting to drill… took a medical this year!
Did you see the US Open match between Vito and DeSanto this week? Yeah Vito has leveled up more than anybody I can think of.

Next year the NCAA tournament is in KC. This year the tickets online were pretty cheap for the sessions if you bought same day. Even for the finals. Keep it in mind if you can't get in with a pass.

Shame about Spencer Lee, still hope the guy can get healthy and go far. Is your brother competing for a spot next year then?
Old 04-30-2023, 07:33 PM   #673

Quote:
Did you see the US Open match between Vito and DeSanto this week? Yeah Vito has leveled up more than anybody I can think of.

Next year the NCAA tournament is in KC. This year the tickets online were pretty cheap for the sessions if you bought same day. Even for the finals. Keep it in mind if you can't get in with a pass.

Shame about Spencer Lee, still hope the guy can get healthy and go far. Is your brother competing for a spot next year then?
You gonna attend next year?!

Yep! Brennan will be a force at 174 or 184… he hasn’t decided which weight he’s going yet, but they know that with him in the mix, it will be tough to beat him out for the spot… he’s a handful! I think Brennan earned his status as being one of the respected guys who can compete with anyone when he placed 3rd at WTT last year. I don’t think they knew what they had with him until then…. Tom Brands and Brennan are very close… one of his fave coaches he’s ever had and you can kinda pick up on this from Tom Brands’s interview with Flo at the golf outing last year about the lineup… he went through the lineup and named all the projected starters’ names and there were only two guys he elaborated on when he said their names… Spencer and Brennan… Basically talked about the leap he took over the summer. I believe in him… very excited.
Old 05-10-2023, 12:14 AM   #674

3 years ago I started The Pin Doctors and now it has 42K followers just on Facebook alone… and sometimes I wonder if this number would be even more if it wasn’t ONLY me who had written 99.9% of the 5000 or so articles that have been posted on there. It has been a grind and it’s tough as hell to keep up with states that don’t border iowa since that’s where im from…

With that said… it hit me in a pm to someone on here a bit ago… there aren’t any other online communities that Ive ever seen that has more intelligent posters on it compared to CP… In fact, CP helped me develop my writing style that I use for the page and I really don’t think I would be as successful with it as I have to this point if it weren’t for the wise posters I’ve learned from on this page.

With that said, are any of you passionate about wrestling to the point to where you’d like to see your articles about it posted on a page that has literally become one of the biggest ones out there?! I mean, the one area that I’m STUPID in with this is the business side, so I haven’t quite figured monetization out to where I can pay someone YET, but I surely will when I can! Would love to get some more contributors from areas outside of Iowa on there! And it doesn’t have to be journalism type articles that cover strictly current events… I emphasize the personal side of the sport quite a bit, so even if you just had a story from your career or anything really that you’d like to share, then I’ll be all for it! I post tons of history on there…

Let me know!
Old 05-10-2023, 12:38 AM   #675

Here is one I posted recently on Randy Couture… fun stuff like this is what I would encourage if anyone out there is interested!

CELEBRITIES WHO WRESTLED: Randy Couture; Lynwood HS ‘81/US Army/Oklahoma State

Growing up in Lynwood, WA, Randy Couture’s mother, Sharan Couture had two rules that she stuck to. 1.) She didn’t want Randy hanging out with his friends at a place called Alderwood Mall, for the loitering that took place there had a reputation for making consistently frequent transitions to mischief. And 2.) No boxing. Randy had been caught sneaking his way to a place in town called Lynnwood Elks Club, which had a successful youth boxing program at the time. This is pretty funny in retrospect, given the hefty amount of boxing that Randy did over the course of his life while training in MMA, in which he is now considered one of the greatest MMA fighters in history. Decades later, Randy “The Natural” Couture would become a 3X UFC HWT Champion, a 2X UFC Light HWT Champion and an interim UFC Light HWT Champion, making him a 6X UFC Champion. The skills he learned in the art of boxing played a role in these accomplishments… So would something else…

Now, while Randy’s mother said she didn’t want her son boxing, she didn’t mention anything about wrestling. Therefore when Randy’s PE teacher and wrestling coach at Alderwood Junior High School, John Casebeer, spread his passion for the sport of wrestling to him, Randy was all in. Hooked for life, in fact… Wrestling was and is a major part of his life. He has competed in it, he has coached it, he has promoted it, etc. And he accomplished some incredible feats in it.

Randy Couture went to Lynnwood High School, where he won a state wrestling championship at 168 pounds as a senior in 1981. After HS, he briefly attended Washington State University, but left to spend six years in the Army, during which he trained and competed with the All-Army wrestling team. It’s been mentioned that part of his reasoning for doing this was because he was never offered a wrestling scholarship from any college… which would end up being their loss. Randy served six years in the Army, attaining the rank of sergeant in the 101st Airborne. He served from 1982-1988 and while there he wrestled and boxed a bit. While in the Army, Randy competed in Greco-Roman wrestling despite not ever competing in it before. Word is, there was a clerical error on his application for the freestyle team which led to him being sent to the Greco-Roman tryouts. Apparently he would have to wait another year to join the Army Freestyle squad, in which Randy didn’t want to wait that long, so he tried out for Greco and made the team despite having little experience. Couture married young and actually spent his first couple of years in the Army as an air traffic controller. However, when the Army found out he could wrestle, his final four years of service were spent via winning the All-Army championships and an Inter-Service title. Randy initially planned on only being enlisted in the Army for 4 years, but he got so deep into Greco-Roman wrestling that he decided to stay an additional 2 years to try to make the Olympic team in 1988, in which he earned the alternate spot for the team.

After Randy’s service in the Army, he decided to enroll at Oklahoma State, where he joined one of the nation’s most historically good wrestling programs of all time. He was a 25 year old Freshman when he first joined the squad. And it didn’t take long for him to make a statement as to how much potential he had to become the major contributor to the team that he ultimately became… he started out with a nice record of 14-2 and placed 3rd at the prestigious Las Vegas Invitational in that first year. After he got off to this red-hot start, his coach at OSU, Joe Seay made the following statement:

COACH JOE SEAY: “Randy is one of the most pleasant surprises I've had in my coaching career. It's like the other coaches and I were saying the other day, we're seelng day-to-day improvement. He's just getting better each time he walks on the mat. And his attitude about It, he's such a gentleman and works hard.”

Randy expressed having some difficulty at first adjusting from the exclusively upper-body style of Greco-Roman wrestling to folkstyle wrestling, primarily when in the bottom position. Bottom was his weak position for a duration there, but he eventually adapted to become one of the best all-around NCAA wrestlers in the nation. When it was over for Randy at Oklahoma State, he was a three-time NCAA All-American and 2X NCAA finalist, finishing sixth in 1990 and second in 1991 and 1992 while helping the Cowboys to the team title in 1990 and runner-up finishes in 1991 and 1992.

Randy Couture was also accomplished in the international scene, competing in Greco-Roman wrestling. He wrestled at the World Championships in Greco-Roman in 1991, 1993, 1995 and 1997 and was an Olympic team alternate in 1988, 1992 and 1996. He was also a semifinalist at the Olympic Trials in 2000.

Following his collegiate career at Oklahoma State, Randy would go on to become an Assistant Coach at Oregan State. He did this until 1996. The next year was when he began his MMA/UFC career, which he became famous for. As mentioned, Randy was a six-time UFC world champion and was the only competitor to hold titles in both the heavyweight and light heavyweight divisions. Couture became the fourth fighter inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame in 2006, and was inducted into the Oklahoma State College of Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame in 2016. In 2018, Randy was honored by the National Wrestling Hall of Fame by being named as the organization's Outstanding American for 2018. The NWHOF also awarded him the George Tragos Award in 2014.

Randy was so popular while fighting in the UFC, that he became an actor. Randy has appeared in the hit films The Expendables, The Expendables 2 and The Expendables 3, as well as a variety of TV shows/movies. Randy was married multiple times and has 3 children.

Randy Couture is one of only 2 over the age of 40 to have won a UFC championship fight. He did it 4 times. Randy is also the only UFC fighter to win a championship after becoming a Hall-of-Famer and is the oldest champion in MMA history with his title victory after defeating over Tim Sylvia at age 43. For me, as a 39 year old guy with only has 2 more months to spend in my 30’s, these achievements give me hope that maybe I won’t be doomed to a life of factory work. Thanks for that, Randy!

RANDY COUTURE: “I don't really feel old because I can still compete with any of the younger guys, and probably have an edge in maturity and experience. I'm just going to compete as long as I can compete, and I believe that probably will be when I'm well over 30.”

-Randy Couture (in 1989-1990 during his first season at Oklahoma State)

🔨
Old 05-10-2023, 12:41 AM
rico
This message has been deleted by rico. Reason: Duplicate