Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2019, 06:56 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Mecole Hardman Thread*****

Last edited by Dante84; 04-26-2019 at 09:19 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2022, 09:30 AM   #1381
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
One of these things is not like the other...

Hardman is an above average 2nd round pick, and MeTcAlF going a few picks later doesn't change that. If your expectations are THAT high for a mid 2nd round pick, then they need adjusting. For crying out loud, he's one of the most productive WRs in that entire draft class.

You can say his development has been a little disappointing because of his upside, but in terms of his "draft status" he's absolutely better than average.
The bold is exactly what I'm saying and will continue to say until he realizes his true potential or is allowed to walk.

I like Hardman the best of the bunch. That's actually why I'm hardest on him. He is already the best gadget guy in the NFL, IMO, but he could be a really good WR and he isn't because of some small, mental things, which frustrates me.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2022, 09:32 AM   #1382

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
On the play where Mahomes immediately threw it to Fortson in the left end zone, Hardman was wide open streaking across the middle from the right side. Should've been an easy TD.
I need to watch it again, but from memory there could have been two issues:

1) That was a 1-on-1 fade to Fortson all the way and if so you need to throw that one immediately (preferably higher next time, Patrick!)

2) I feel like I remember a fake hand-off to the back. If it was a play-action then criticism is fair game and he probably could have gone through some reads, but if it was an RPO then he needed to get rid of it quick before we potentially got flagged for ineligible man downfield.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2022, 09:32 AM   #1383
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Considering production and resources allocated, it makes sense. Hardman, CEH, and Frank Clark aren't producing up to the level expected based on their cap hit or draft status.

Orlando Brown Jr will be there soon if he keeps playing like he has the last couple weeks as well.
I have been as hard on Clyde as just about anyone but what he’s shown so far is what I want to see. He was gritty, he broke long runs and he was a good receiver.

This looks like the guy we drafted
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 09:40 AM   #1384

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I have been as hard on Clyde as just about anyone but what he’s shown so far is what I want to see. He was gritty, he broke long runs and he was a good receiver.

I think I will always resent him due to his limitations but he is looking much better these last two games and I have no problem admitting it.

I hope he continues to play at this level but I will definitely secretly root for Pacheco to win that job. He's just got so much more upside.
Old 09-16-2022, 09:56 AM   #1385
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
he had 44 yards
Hardman had 49yds. if you are going to be a wanna be expert and bash people at least have simple stats correct.

He was more efficient than Kelce was last night.
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 09-16-2022, 10:49 AM   #1386
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
The bold is exactly what I'm saying and will continue to say until he realizes his true potential or is allowed to walk.

I like Hardman the best of the bunch. That's actually why I'm hardest on him. He is already the best gadget guy in the NFL, IMO, but he could be a really good WR and he isn't because of some small, mental things, which frustrates me.
I don’t see it. As others have said he doesn’t have a feel for the receiver position. Dangerous as hell if he gets the ball with some space though. But you’ve got to deliver a strike to him. He’s not like tyreek who made all kinds of crazy in air adjustments to get to the ball.

But nobody should be upset about having a gadget weapon like this pretty much for free. We just need other WRs to step up so mecole can play a role instead of being the guy.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2022, 10:52 AM   #1387
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post

It's been really fun. I was the last holdout of my friends who still believed he could turn it around. I'm so happy about it.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2022, 10:56 AM   #1388
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
Hardman had 49yds. if you are going to be a wanna be expert and bash people at least have simple stats correct.

He was more efficient than Kelce was last night.
nothing special

the breakout season ain't happening
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2022, 12:43 PM   #1389

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I don’t see it. As others have said he doesn’t have a feel for the receiver position. Dangerous as hell if he gets the ball with some space though. But you’ve got to deliver a strike to him. He’s not like tyreek who made all kinds of crazy in air adjustments to get to the ball.

But nobody should be upset about having a gadget weapon like this pretty much for free. We just need other WRs to step up so mecole can play a role instead of being the guy.
Oh, he is 100% not the natural footballer Hill is but that's not an indictment on Hardman. Hill is one of the better football players in the league.

On the positive side, he's got speed and quickness that you just can't teach and his hands are actually pretty good. You can get a more natural feel for the game by continuing to play. Since he's so young, I am holding out hope that he becomes a true WR. I won't be surprised in the least if he's already maxed out though.
Old 09-17-2022, 02:59 PM   #1390
Andy Reid Supporter

Perfect play design by Andy to set up Mecole. Unfortunately Patrick missed im him but it should be a staple in the offense.

He probably gets 15-20 yards on that one

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2022, 03:01 PM   #1391
I'll be back.

****, that would have been a fun capper

keep blitzing you ****ing reeruns
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2022, 03:52 PM   #1392
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
he had 44 yards
This is true.

What's also true:

Hardman was tied for third most receptions among the TEN (10) KC receivers that caught balls on Thursday, with 3 (the average was 2)

He gained the third most yards on the team (49yds)

He had the second most yards/catch (16.3yds/reception)

Second longest reception (30yds)

caught three balls on four targets (75% rec. rate)

Here's the thing: if Pat really keeps spreading the ball around the way he has the first two games, no one on the team is going to have really big solo numbers. Most of our receivers will have 3-4 catches/game for the season, outside of Kelce.

Mecole had himself a good game, and he did it without being a gadget guy. Check the tape; he's running solid routes creating leverage and space for himself at the break, and catching some tough contested balls. That catch to secure the first down pass on that little hook route is a perfect example.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 10:05 PM   #1393
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
This is true.

What's also true:

Hardman was tied for third most receptions among the TEN (10) KC receivers that caught balls on Thursday, with 3 (the average was 2)

He gained the third most yards on the team (49yds)

He had the second most yards/catch (16.3yds/reception)

Second longest reception (30yds)

caught three balls on four targets (75% rec. rate)

Here's the thing: if Pat really keeps spreading the ball around the way he has the first two games, no one on the team is going to have really big solo numbers. Most of our receivers will have 3-4 catches/game for the season, outside of Kelce.

Mecole had himself a good game, and he did it without being a gadget guy. Check the tape; he's running solid routes creating leverage and space for himself at the break, and catching some tough contested balls. That catch to secure the first down pass on that little hook route is a perfect example.
Great post.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2022, 05:47 AM   #1394
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

I think part of the offense's problem is trying to make Mecole something he's not tbh. Seven catches in three games for 60 yards? This is a big problem. Imo he's just not a fluid receiver who knows the nuances of the position. We're better off getting Moore or Watson more involved in the offense now than let this continue In the same way.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-26-2022, 06:09 AM   #1395
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger View Post
I think part of the offense's problem is trying to make Mecole something he's not tbh. Seven catches in three games for 60 yards? This is a big problem. Imo he's just not a fluid receiver who knows the nuances of the position. We're better off getting Moore or Watson more involved in the offense now than let this continue In the same way.
Yep. And let Mecole return kicks and punts and run the gadget stuff. He is what he is, so let's start using him that way.
TEX has disabled reputation