Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-06-2022, 06:56 PM   #2
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
That's 4100 ft/minute, no?

That's pretty damn severe, especially for a sub-sonic trainer. About 7 times what a Cessna is rated for.

I'm guessing it just doesn't have the power to simply go nose up and rocket without running out of inertia and stalling. It looks like a maneuverable little thing but doesn't seem like it's incredibly powerful.
Performance isn’t usually published in m/s. It’s usually meters or feet per minute, hence my error.

A fun side fact. F-16s and SU-27s climb around 75,000 feet per minute. You won’t find an official number, though. Secrets and stuff.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2022, 07:54 PM   #3
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Performance isn’t usually published in m/s. It’s usually meters or feet per minute, hence my error.

A fun side fact. F-16s and SU-27s climb around 75,000 feet per minute. You won’t find an official number, though. Secrets and stuff.
Yeah, anything with that kind of power to weight ratio is gonna go up almost as fast as it can go forward.

The F-16’s really is/was amazing. That kind of performance and agility at those price tags just doesn’t happen often. Really a remarkable service history for the ‘cheap’ option in our fleet. They set out to build a low-cost alternative to the F-15 and ended up with a damn workhorse. Remarkable work there.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2022, 03:58 PM   #4
In Search of a Life

Great movie.

9/10

I highly suggest watching in theaters as opposed to waiting to watch it at home.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2022, 04:02 PM   #5
Needs more middle fingers

I went back to my home town yesterday and drove by the ol' Top Gun house. They turned it into a restaurant. I use to walk by that house everyday as a kid.

That whole area has been radically changed. They've got nice big hotels everywhere. Can't even see the ocean from the hillside any more.

Two things still stand: My favorite taco shop and the Top Gun house. But even the Top gun house has been changed.

They built a movie theater within a 1 min walk from the Top Gun house and I was thiiiiiis close to stopping in to watch Top Gun 2. Just not enough time in the day yesterday.

I think i might drive back next weekend just to watch the Movie in Oceanside.

I mean, how cool would it be to watch Top Gun 2 just 1min away from where parts of Top Gun were filmed?
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 04:18 PM   #6
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post

I mean, how cool would it be to watch Top Gun 2 just 1min away from where parts of Top Gun were filmed?
Shit, us locals call it "the Top Gun House".... in case no one knows wtf im talking about.

I'm referring to the house where Tom Cruise ****ed Kelly McGillis. The "Take my Breath Away" scene where Tom Cruise rides off into the sunset on his Kawasaki Ninja.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2022, 05:59 PM   #7
Resident Glue Sniffer

We saw it on Saturday. Was awesome.
Brought back a lot of memories of the navy. I obviously didn’t fly but was assigned to a Hornet squadron so a lot of the sounds visuals brought back some memories for sure. I was glad they didn’t go too far down a romance line I liked the right amount of reference to the first movie and nostalgia like the opener etc. and some other subtle stuff and liked the new stuff

only thing that sucked was the literal 30 minutes of movie previews before hand. JFC. granted I haven’t been to a movie in probably 10-12 years.

It was nice to see a good action flick that was about god damn super heroes or comic book characters. Just an over the top action movie
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 11:33 PM   #8
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
It was nice to see a good action flick that was about god damn super heroes or comic book characters. Just an over the top action movie
it’s either a super hero or some James Bond/mission impossible action movie these days.

In the 90’s they made good action movies out of all kinds of plots. Fugitive, Buddy movie, alien invasions, kill the earth meteorite, con’s take over an airplane etc.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2022, 06:06 PM   #9
In Search of a Life

Fun fact:

I ****ed Kelly McGillis’ daughter.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2022, 06:20 PM   #10
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Fun fact:

I ****ed Kelly McGillis’ daughter.
Did she hold together better than Kelly McGillis?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2022, 06:23 PM   #11
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Did she hold together better than Kelly McGillis?

She’s still only like 28, but so far, yes. Even after having kids.

She was 21 when that happened though.
Old 06-06-2022, 11:49 PM   #12
Rabbi Goldmann

Tom and Kelly
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2022, 07:38 PM   #13
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post

Tom and Kelly
She did an interview where she was asked if she’d be back. She said she was fat and old, but that she looks age appropriate. She didn’t seem to hold any grudge. Have a ton of respect for her attitude here.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2022, 07:38 AM   #14
Supporter

Since this is a Top Gun thread, why not throw a little F-14 love into it?

Guess what they were going to install on the last proposed Tomcat Variant? The Super Tomcat 21:

Leading edge wing extensions just like the F-18.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2022, 09:20 AM   #15
Supporter

The F-14 was extremely complex and very expensive to keep flying. Very good design, just didn't make sense.

I wish they would installed the stronger engine from the D's right off the bat. The A model engines were gutless and unreliable.

I've got dozens of books about Russian aircraft development, with the Famous Russian Aircraft series by Yefim Gordon being the best. I read through the Mig-31 book and it's amazing how much it looks like the 25 but is a far superior aircraft. Check them out, but hold onto your balls for the cost. I am trying to get the Su-27 book and it's expensive if you can find it.

On the tank side of things the Leopard II is considered the better tank, but the M1 has the receipts. It's kicked ass on the battlefield for a long time while the Leopard II has held it's dick in it's hand over that stretch.