Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-17-2024, 02:15 PM  
In Search of a Life

Who would you take outside of OT/WR at 32?

No need to name guys that won't be there.

My list is pretty short:

Jer'Zhan Newton
Nate Wiggins

I'd be tempted by Kool-Aid and DeJean, but ultimately, I'd still probably go OT/WR.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:20 PM   #2
MVP

Barton, Wiggins, DeJean, Kool aid gets a look, I'd sprint to the podium for Newton. I've seen Chop fall. Were heavily invested but you cant have too many rushers. That's just kind of looking at pff big board.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:46 PM   #3
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Newton
Byron Murphy
Dallas Turner

Um...I think that's it?

And really, what are the odds that Murphy or Turner even see 15, let alone 32. So at that point I guess the list is Newton and that's it. And yeah, if Arnold or Wiggins fell, they're "First Round Talents" I'd go ahead and grab but really it's the same story there. I don't see either of those guys making it to 15. Wiggins could but he won't go much later than that; 18-20 at the latest, IMO. I'm still not as gung-ho on Bowers as many are (he'll be a popular pick here).

So it's probably about 90% likely I'm going OT or WR in the 1st.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:56 PM   #4
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Newton
Byron Murphy
Dallas Turner

Um...I think that's it?

And really, what are the odds that Murphy or Turner even see 15, let alone 32. So at that point I guess the list is Newton and that's it. And yeah, if Arnold or Wiggins fell, they're "First Round Talents" I'd go ahead and grab but really it's the same story there. I don't see either of those guys making it to 15. Wiggins could but he won't go much later than that; 18-20 at the latest, IMO. I'm still not as gung-ho on Bowers as many are (he'll be a popular pick here).

So it's probably about 90% likely I'm going OT or WR in the 1st.
Yea, didn't include Murphy or Turner because all indications are there's basically no chance either of them falls that far.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2024, 03:01 PM   #5
Most Valuable Villain

What WRs or OTs are you guys taking Newton over?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2024, 03:21 PM   #6
Andy Reid Supporter

If we drafted TJ Tampa I would trust the hell out of Spags. Another guy who is on fire in the draft process is Marshawn Kneeland. Chances are slim but we have met with him and he’s got a perfect profile of size/athleticism. He’s pretty much this years Keion White
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2024, 03:25 PM   #7
Mahomes > God

Newton
DeJean

That's about it...of course Bowers too.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-17-2024, 03:27 PM   #8
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Basically anybody outside of the top 20 guys. Obviously the big 3 and BTJ. Mitchell I'd probably take over Newton, but I'd do it knowing that I'm not taking the BPA.

At OT, I'm taking Newton over guys like Kingsley and Morgan for sure. Guyton probably too.
Old 04-17-2024, 03:48 PM   #9
MVP

Jer'Zahn Newton, DT, Illinois
Ga'Quincy "Kool-Aid" McKinstry, CB, Alabama
Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M

That's probably the end of my considerations without trading out.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-17-2024, 04:01 PM   #10
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Mims
Guyton
Thomas
Morgan
Mitchell
Newton
Kingsley
Worthy
All the rest of those guys

And if we're looking at Morgan or Mitchell on the board with Newton there, I may not be able to make that decision until the second I turn the card in. Maybe not even then - would just throw three cards upside down on the ground and pick one of 'em...

Thomas is the last guy I'd DEFINITELY pick...I think.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2024, 04:12 PM   #11
Veteran

If we're not taking WR or OT with our 1st pick, then we have to be looking at the next highest needs. Wouldn't those needs be CB, DL, IOL, & TE?

It seems like all the names I could list here would be high value guys that the OP asked not to mention, but wouldn't the biggest or only reason to take someone other than WR or OT be that there is someone available that we just can't pass up?
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Old 04-17-2024, 05:39 PM   #12
Starter

Darius Robinson DE/DT
Palangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 04-17-2024, 05:58 PM   #13
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedinTexas View Post
If we're not taking WR or OT with our 1st pick, then we have to be looking at the next highest needs. Wouldn't those needs be CB, DL, IOL, & TE?

It seems like all the names I could list here would be high value guys that the OP asked not to mention, but wouldn't the biggest or only reason to take someone other than WR or OT be that there is someone available that we just can't pass up?
I'm saying you don't have to mention prospects that have no chance of making it to 32.

Turner, Verse, Quinyon, etc. are perfect examples of this.

Guys like Newton and Wiggins have a chance, albeit not a great one.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 01:47 AM   #14
MVP

Newton or Robinson
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-18-2024, 06:25 AM   #15
Veteran

I've tried to run some different mocks now. I find that the names that can fall to us change depending on which mock you run. I tried running a different one last night and on the first attempt Cooper Dejean fell to us. I wouldn't have thought that was within reason until I saw it. On the second attempt Brian Thomas fell to us. This is another player that I wouldn't think of as possible unless we trade up.

Some of the simulators are too loose. They'll run drafts that have various players moving way down. I've seen some allowing Caleb Williams going as late as 10th or so. Others are much tighter, but we know that odd things really do happen in drafts.

Trading is another thing that simulators don't seem to fully understand. Most of them will allow trades with any team at all just as long as the compensation is right. This is completely unrealistic. Every team has needs in the draft and they're not going to be willing to trade with us just because we want to trade. For instance, Cincinnati is picking at #18 and they need an OT. If I see a very good OT available at 18, it will allow me to engineer a trade with them as long as the compensation is right. But why would Cincinnati allow us to take a OT at their spot when that is exactly what they need? Why would it allow Cincinnati to trade with us at all, because I doubt that Cincinnati would make any such trade with us without there being a HUGE incentive.

I run most of my mock drafts without trading. I'm mostly interested in seeing what players might be available to us at #32, and if so, what the conditions are for that happening. If I do trade, I try to limit any such trades to teams that I can justify like Tampa Bay at #26 or Green Bay at #25. They have different needs than we have and I think would make good trade partners in reality.

With all of that, I have found that some of the following players have a chance of falling to us:

WR - Adonai Mitchell.

CB - Wiggins, McKinstry. I've also seen Dejean, but rate this extremely unlikely

OT - Mims, Guyton. I've seen Latham fall to us, but rate it as extremely unlikely

DL - Murphy, Newton. Murphy only happened once and it would be extremely unlikely.

Other players become much more possible when you include trading up. As I noted above though, I limit trading up to teams that might realistically trade with us and I don't trade any higher than the low 20s. Veach might go higher, but the higher it is, the less likely it seem to be. With trades I've found some of the following players to be within reach:

WR - Brian Thomas. I've mostly found that he will not fall past Buffalo.

CB - Cooper Dejean. Not a position that I would be trading up for, but available.

OT - Fuaga, Fautanu, Latham

DL - Murphy. Again, this not a position I would be trading up for, but available sometimes.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote