Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-04-2022, 12:32 AM   #2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Nice JPH!

Salyer nearly made my list and was the last guy I axed off to shorten to ten.

I was up in the air on Dean but he did fall for legitimate injury concerns so I'm not entirely sure if it's good value or a good decision by other teams.

Enagbare could end up a steal too, no doubt. Solid player. I just question if he's got enough juice to really be an NFL pass rusher.
Yeah think I agree with all of that. Definitely a strong chance Enagbare just doesn't have the explosiveness.

One thing I didn't factor in, and I can't decide if it's a useful approach or not, is whether players were picked by teams who generally know about certain groups - WR, OL etc. I mean, I generally feel comfortable that Steelers know WRs and, i dunno, Packers know the OL. So if they swing for someone late who was also a consensus top player I might feel even more confident it's a good pick. Like I say, could be a dumb approach, it's a crap shoot after all.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:42 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
Yeah think I agree with all of that. Definitely a strong chance Enagbare just doesn't have the explosiveness.

One thing I didn't factor in, and I can't decide if it's a useful approach or not, is whether players were picked by teams who generally know about certain groups - WR, OL etc. I mean, I generally feel comfortable that Steelers know WRs and, i dunno, Packers know the OL. So if they swing for someone late who was also a consensus top player I might feel even more confident it's a good pick. Like I say, could be a dumb approach, it's a crap shoot after all.
If the Packers take a tackle late, 9/10 times they are looking to convert him to guard. Rasheed Walker is probably a good bet. They are also phenomenal at plucking WRs from round 2 like Pittsburgh.

But yes, I think certain teams are pretty good at identifying some positions over others.

Baltimore at edge
New Orleans, Green Bay, and New England with Oline.
Minnesota on DLine
San Fran and Seattle at LB...

I mean, lists go on right. They don't always hit but they don't miss a whole bunch it seems. I don't know the factor in terms of late picks though.

I'm going off my gut feel about who I think got value though.

I liked Tampa's pick of Cade Otton at 106 too but didn't stick him in my final 10.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 06:28 AM   #4
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
If the Packers take a tackle late, 9/10 times they are looking to convert him to guard. Rasheed Walker is probably a good bet. They are also phenomenal at plucking WRs from round 2 like Pittsburgh.

But yes, I think certain teams are pretty good at identifying some positions over others.

Baltimore at edge
New Orleans, Green Bay, and New England with Oline.
Minnesota on DLine
San Fran and Seattle at LB...

I mean, lists go on right. They don't always hit but they don't miss a whole bunch it seems. I don't know the factor in terms of late picks though.

I'm going off my gut feel about who I think got value though.

I liked Tampa's pick of Cade Otton at 106 too but didn't stick him in my final 10.
Pretty much how I picked. I'll probably be wrong on at least half but that's the way it goes. It did feel like there was loads of value everywhere and far fewer mad reaches this year than in previous years. I'm struggling to think of a R1 pick I thought was nuts. Guess the Raiders didn't have one this year.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.