Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-07-2024, 11:42 AM  
Andy Reid Supporter

DT Thread

This is a pretty solid DT class with some talent we could use.

Jer’Zhan Newton
Byron Murphy
T'Vondre Sweat
Maason Smith
Kris Jenkins
Michael Hall Jr
Leonard Taylor
Brandon Fiske
Darius Robinson

Which ones do you think fit us most?
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 08:24 PM   #46
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
It's not even needed unless you think Sweat is going to be a penetrating rusher because if you are just wanting a nose you can bring Pennel back and sign another vet for about 5 bucks.
I don’t think there is a need to bring in a NT type. We have Isaiah Buggs and Neil Farrell already on roster. Both are run stuffer.
Palangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 02-15-2024, 08:42 PM   #47
Starter

If Chris jones comes back I don’t think DT is as high a priority. WR and LT should be the focus in the first two rounds.
Having Farrell and Buggs gives us 2 run stuffers to play next to jones. Here are some 3rd and 4th round type guys that would be an interesting option to develop behind jones and help in pass rush downs…

Justin Eboigbe. Alabama
Gabe Hall. Baylor
Dewayne Carter. Duke
Leonard Taylor. Miami
Zion Logue Georgia

A guy I think would be interesting from a developmental stand point that could be a 7th round pick is Saivion Jones, a DE from LSU. He is 6’6” 280. Have him put on 15-20 lbs and develop as an inside pass rusher.
Palangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 02-15-2024, 10:29 PM   #48
MVP

I like Sweat for all the same reasons mentioned, but I'm wondering if we would be interested in Robinson as an Omenihu replacement?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-19-2024, 11:12 AM   #49
Andy Reid Supporter

Brandon Dorlus from Oregon is interesting. Has played everywhere on the DL. He apparently lost some weight as he was projected as 6'3" 290 but came to the Senior Bowl at 272.

His tape is really good. Played DE and DT. Very disruptive and quick on the inside. Could play the role of Mike Danna on inside rush downs as well as fill in for Omenihu at DE.

Projected rd 2
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2024, 12:38 PM   #50
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Brandon Dorlus from Oregon is interesting. Has played everywhere on the DL. He apparently lost some weight as he was projected as 6'3" 290 but came to the Senior Bowl at 272.

His tape is really good. Played DE and DT. Very disruptive and quick on the inside. Could play the role of Mike Danna on inside rush downs as well as fill in for Omenihu at DE.

Projected rd 2
Yeah, Dorlus is on my 2nd round list, for sure. Does seem like a nice inside/outside sort of Danna replacement. I think I'd find someone else I like better there, but I wouldn't hate Dorlus at 64.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2024, 01:44 PM   #51
MVP

Javontae Jean-Baptiste is on my radar as a guy you can keep packing the pounds on. When he came to Ohio State he was like 210 pounds. When he left Notre Dame he was about 255 or so. He's 6'5" and still looks like he can add 20-30 pounds with ease to that frame. He's kind of more of a Romeo Okwara type but I think if you can pull this kid out of the 5th round and just keep molding the clay like they did Danna then he can be a servicable rotational player.

The guy really up on my radar though is Cedric Johnson from Ole Miss. The dude is shot out of a cannon off the snap and can bend. He's built a lot more like Frank Clark or Dee Ford though. Hoping we can get that kid in the 4th.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 07:27 PM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Javontae Jean-Baptiste is on my radar as a guy you can keep packing the pounds on. When he came to Ohio State he was like 210 pounds. When he left Notre Dame he was about 255 or so. He's 6'5" and still looks like he can add 20-30 pounds with ease to that frame. He's kind of more of a Romeo Okwara type but I think if you can pull this kid out of the 5th round and just keep molding the clay like they did Danna then he can be a servicable rotational player.

The guy really up on my radar though is Cedric Johnson from Ole Miss. The dude is shot out of a cannon off the snap and can bend. He's built a lot more like Frank Clark or Dee Ford though. Hoping we can get that kid in the 4th.
Made Bruce Feldman's Freak's List - ranked #41. He wrote "At 6-3, 270, he has just 11.3 percent body fat, and he vertical-jumped 36.5 inches, broad-jumped 10 feet and bench pressed 390 pounds. This offseason, he topped over 20 mph on the GPS and did six pull-ups with a 70-pound belt attachment."
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-19-2024, 08:17 PM   #53
MVP

Mohamed Kamara, DT/DE, CO ST, 6-1 252 lbs, 13 sacks in 2023.

2nd most productive pass rusher last season, 71 pressures & 19.6% win rate.

A little undersized for us but high praise for his pass rush and work ethic.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...-ColoradoState

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C3Tbl8ozVE
Old 02-19-2024, 10:00 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Made Bruce Feldman's Freak's List - ranked #41. He wrote "At 6-3, 270, he has just 11.3 percent body fat, and he vertical-jumped 36.5 inches, broad-jumped 10 feet and bench pressed 390 pounds. This offseason, he topped over 20 mph on the GPS and did six pull-ups with a 70-pound belt attachment."
He's probably more like 250 or so. I'd be floored if he were anywhere near 270. But yeah, he's quick.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-19-2024, 10:14 PM   #55

Quote:
Mohamed Kamara, DT/DE, CO ST, 6-1 252 lbs, 13 sacks in 2023.

2nd most productive pass rusher last season, 71 pressures & 19.6% win rate.

A little undersized for us but high praise for his pass rush and work ethic.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...-ColoradoState

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C3Tbl8ozVE
I've liked Kamara as 4th/5th rounder. Of that lot of 3rd day DEs, I think he's probably my favorite.

I also really like Myles Cole out of Texas Tech but we don't have a 6th/7th round pick and I feel like that's where he should end up. Maybe we can snag him as a priority UDFA.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2024, 05:49 AM   #56
Veteran

I like Jenkins a lot. His athleticism shows on tape. He’s not as good with his hands as Newton but I love his long term upside.

Quote:
Jenkin's sounds interesting:

"He made the 2023 list of Bruce Feldman Freaks at #6 - he said: "Jenkins recently did a Turkish get-up with a 170-pound dumbbell — the heaviest Herbert has ever witnessed. Jenkins does pull-ups with a 100-pound weight strapped to his waist. He also moves incredibly well for being a 300-plus pounder, running a 7.16 3-cone, a 4.33 shuttle, broad-jumping 9-8 and vertical-jumping 34 inches. Jenkins’ shuttle and 3-cone times are both almost two-tenths of a second faster than the quickest interior defensive lineman did at this year’s NFL combine. His broad jump would be tied for the best. His vertical jump would be second-best, and only Smith topped his number on the bench press."
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-22-2024, 03:05 PM   #57
Andy Reid Supporter

I pray to God this makes Newton fall to us bc this kid is so freaking good

Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 03:07 PM   #58
MVP

I sprint the card to the podium if Newton is there at 32.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 03:19 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I pray to God this makes Newton fall to us bc this kid is so freaking good

Yeesh.

Meanwhile I hear "Jones fractures" and cringe. Hard.

Those are scary for a 300 lb dude. And something caused them; that's not typically just bad luck.

Love the player but that worries the hell out of me.
Old 02-22-2024, 07:47 PM   #60
Planner of the Year

Chris Jones type?

I am curious what opinion is about Maason Smith. He is the same height and weight as Chris Jones. It looks like he can bat down passes pretty well. I imagine he is worth a shot in round 3 or 4?
wasi has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wasi has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wasi has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wasi has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wasi has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wasi has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wasi has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wasi has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wasi has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wasi has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wasi has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.