Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-25-2023, 01:41 PM  
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

2024 Tight End class

I don't have anything remarkable to talk about here but I wanted to talk about this guy and didn't see a TE thread.

Cade Stover, TE for Ohio State. I'm really impressed by him. I think I'd be willing to trade up in the 3rd or maybe even take him in the 2nd depending on how he tests.

He's just a really polished catcher, he's very physical. He's a little shorter than I like in a TE especially if he measures more like 6'2'' than the 6'4'' he's listed at. In either event, I think he's the guy I'm zoning in on in this draft since Bowers is a pipe dream.

Anybody have a guy out there they're particularly interested in that may be within range? If so, who and what round?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2024, 10:28 AM   #46
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I'd probably rather spin the wheel on Trey Knox and hope he can learn to be more of an athletic TE than a large WR (which was mostly how he was used in college).

But guys like Knox come out every year and most of them pretty much suck.
Knox played TE at South Carolina
Palangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-30-2024, 10:43 AM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palangi View Post
Knox played TE at South Carolina
He's aware, this is the TE thread after all. He doesn't really have the size to be a typical TE in the NFL was his point.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-30-2024, 11:14 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
He's aware, this is the TE thread after all. He doesn't really have the size to be a typical TE in the NFL was his point.
Correct.

They weren't having him go out there and down-block as a TE. The Gamecocks were largely a spread offense and they used him as more of an oversized WR in their system.

And he's not quick enough to be that guy in the NFL or strong enough to be a TE in the NFL - even a move TE like Kelce presents a credible threat of lining up in-line and you have to use your defensive personnel accordingly.

He's more like Jody Fortson and that's a novelty more than a replacement for anyone. Well...unless it's a replacement for Jody Fortson.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2024, 11:21 AM   #49
MVP

Watching some of the Senior Bowl practices and Theo Johnson has been the best TE on the field so far. Will be interesting to see what Jahiem Bell or Ben Sinnott can do.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 04:17 PM   #50
Inmem 2.0

I don't really like this class TBH
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2024, 04:41 PM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba View Post
Watching some of the Senior Bowl practices and Theo Johnson has been the best TE on the field so far. Will be interesting to see what Jahiem Bell or Ben Sinnott can do.
I have Johnson over Stover on my board and it's mostly a product of size and projection for me.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-30-2024, 04:52 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I have Johnson over Stover on my board and it's mostly a product of size and projection for me.
He does project better, I'll grant you.

Like I said, for me some of my fascination comes with Stover's background. As a former defensive player who's made the transition to offense well, I wonder if he won't produce better than he measures.

Of the two, Johnson's far more likely to have a standout combine, though.
Old 01-30-2024, 04:56 PM   #53
MVP

This is probably where I'm at on the class...

R1: Brock Bowers, JaTavion Sanders
R3: Theo Johnson, Cade Stover
R4: Ben Sinnott, Brevyn Spann-Ford
R5: Isaac Rex, Jared Wiley, Tip Reiman
R6: Dallin Holker, A.J. Barner, Erick All, Jaheim Bell
R7: Austin Stogner, McCallan Castles

Last edited by kccrow; 02-20-2024 at 05:36 PM..
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 03:26 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I think you know I have been high on Johnson for a while now. He is a nice blend of size and speed that can do pretty much everything you can ask of a TE well. If he runs a 4.5 at the combine, I think he might push being the 2nd TE off the board.

2 videos.

Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-18-2024, 07:48 PM   #55
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I'd probably rather spin the wheel on Trey Knox and hope he can learn to be more of an athletic TE than a large WR (which was mostly how he was used in college).
With only a few picks this is where I'd go, hopefully develop him into a Jody Fortson (without the injuries), priority UDFA or a 7th rounder
Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-18-2024, 09:24 PM   #56
MVP

Ben Sinnott is listed as fullback currently on ESPN. My favorite quote about Brevyn Spann-Ford's blocking is "He's like having a 3rd tackle on the field."
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-18-2024, 10:51 PM   #57
Starter

I like Jared Wiley the TE out of TCU. Started his career at Texas. Hasn’t played with the best QB play. Has good size like Theo Johnson. I think he moves more fluid than Johnson though.

https://youtu.be/nveoctAOQng?si=5k4JPMHyw2LILrBA
Palangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 02-19-2024, 12:52 AM   #58
MVP

Isaac Rex has really been climbing my board. Alot to like there IMO.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:16 AM   #59
In Search of a Life

Tip Reiman
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-23-2024, 11:38 PM   #60
MVP

MSN:

Round 6: Minnesota TE Brevyn Spann-Ford

If you're following me for NFL draft content, expect to see me mention Minnesota TE Brevyn Spann-Ford often. Spann-Ford has a skill set at tight end that the Chiefs were lacking this past season. At nearly 6-foot-7 and 267 pounds, he's an absolute monster as a blocker in both the ground game and the passing game.

Beyond that, Spann-Ford is a red-zone threat and a tough cover given his size. You can throw it to places where he's the only one with the size to get it, whether he's digging the ball out of the dirt or high-pointing a throw.

Is this the next Travis Kelce for Kansas City? Probably not. However, he can certainly be a complementary piece to develop behind him.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.