Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-17-2022, 08:39 PM  
"I'm with you fellers"

I had a fall

Fell ass over teakettle. Broke my sacrum, tore my xyphoid process and got a concussion. Any of you ever took such a tumble? It sucks to get old. Any pain relieving secrets you know about? Sacrum kills me when I sit or lay, xyphoid kills me when I swallow food. Most stabbing pain EVER. I would rather not take anything illegal. Meds are not doing the trick.
Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.
Old 05-18-2022, 02:26 PM   #31
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Had no idea sec was a stoner
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 02:33 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
Had no idea sec was a stoner
I’m a respectable ****er
Same job 39 years
Climbed 300’ towers
Raised my family
Never kicked my dog
So I got high
Who gives a rats ass?
sec
seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 02:34 PM   #33
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Just kiddin ya buddy
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2022, 02:40 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
Just kiddin ya buddy
It’s all cool
At least my asshole ain’t broke
Respect to op
sec
seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2022, 02:52 PM   #35
Cheat Death

I've had 2 freak falls. One broke my c2 vertebrae into 2 separate pieces and the other one broke my right femur (I'm currently coming up on 4 months on crutches for it).

I did break my pelvis in 3 places 25 years ago, but since I wasn't going anywhere due to a shattered right knee anyway, I just laid there for a couple months until it healed up.

Can't give you any advice on the pain, except that its real and to manage it the best you can without coming away with a monkey on your back.

Being hurt and/or laid it up blows. Its more psychological management for me. Not feeling down or defeated and such.

Anyway, hope you can find some comfort and feel better soon.

Depending on your age, you may look into getting a bone density scan or at least get your vitamin D levels checked just for maintenance moving forward.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2022, 03:20 PM   #36
SuperChiefs

Weed and beer will cure what ails you
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2022, 04:03 PM   #37
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard View Post
Never heard of FECO. I did go buy some cbd gummies. Eating them 1/2 at a time. Not sure yet if it helps, seems to be better. Is FECO legal in Kansas?
Real FECO is not available legally in KS. It contains THC.

I have seen hemp based FECO, just CBD and terpenes, which would be legal in KS but I have no idea how well or if it works like the real stuff does.
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-18-2022, 05:11 PM   #38
Now you've pissed me off!

First, sorry, that really sucks.

Providers are altering prescribing patterns to lessen total opioid dispensation due to the recent crisis. As such, many are using a multi-modal approach to pain. This means using drugs that have different mechanisms of action in order to lessen reliance on opioids.

If you already drink a fair amount, you should be wary of using both ibuprofen and Tylenol in large quantities due to the increased risk of a GI bleed and liver damage, respectively. I would be honest with your provider about how much you drink and give them and your pharmacist a comprehensive list of every medication (and supplement) you take.

Tylenol: Four grams is technically the maximum, but you probably shouldn't go over three grams per day (1000mg every 8 hours, for example). Tylenol+codeine formulations (Tylenol #3, #2, etc) really should not be used anymore for control of pain. They effect different people in wildly different ways due to genetic differences in codeine metabolism (it is converted to morphine). This can also be affected by other medications you take.

Ibuprofen: 2400mg is the daily Rx maximum (800mg every eight hours or 600mg every six hours), but you increase the risk of GI bleeds and renal damage when taking the ceiling dose for more than a few days at a time. There is also cardiovascular risk associated w/ NSAID use, so if you have a history of heart disease, talk to your provider about using them.

Topical lidocaine patches tend to be more helpful for nerve-related pain but are OTC and are safe to use. There are topical capsaicin creams as well, but they must be applied on a scheduled basis rather than as-needed, and their efficacy isn't great.

There are a few other options in addition to the list that SupDock mentioned, but none that would be recommended for your type of pain.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2022, 06:24 PM   #39
"I'm with you fellers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
First, sorry, that really sucks.

Providers are altering prescribing patterns to lessen total opioid dispensation due to the recent crisis. As such, many are using a multi-modal approach to pain. This means using drugs that have different mechanisms of action in order to lessen reliance on opioids.

If you already drink a fair amount, you should be wary of using both ibuprofen and Tylenol in large quantities due to the increased risk of a GI bleed and liver damage, respectively. I would be honest with your provider about how much you drink and give them and your pharmacist a comprehensive list of every medication (and supplement) you take.

Tylenol: Four grams is technically the maximum, but you probably shouldn't go over three grams per day (1000mg every 8 hours, for example). Tylenol+codeine formulations (Tylenol #3, #2, etc) really should not be used anymore for control of pain. They effect different people in wildly different ways due to genetic differences in codeine metabolism (it is converted to morphine). This can also be affected by other medications you take.

Ibuprofen: 2400mg is the daily Rx maximum (800mg every eight hours or 600mg every six hours), but you increase the risk of GI bleeds and renal damage when taking the ceiling dose for more than a few days at a time. There is also cardiovascular risk associated w/ NSAID use, so if you have a history of heart disease, talk to your provider about using them.

Topical lidocaine patches tend to be more helpful for nerve-related pain but are OTC and are safe to use. There are topical capsaicin creams as well, but they must be applied on a scheduled basis rather than as-needed, and their efficacy isn't great.

There are a few other options in addition to the list that SupDock mentioned, but none that would be recommended for your type of pain.
So if I am a beer drinker then can I take naproxen sodium? I knew I shouldn’t take Tylenol but didn’t know about ibuprofen, now that’s out. I go back next week and I am sure they are willing to push more pills on me but I’m trying to tough it out, I ain’t doin no opioids.
My goal is to use a otc pain killer plus cbd and patches. (On my xyphoid not on my butt!
Don’t do weed. Not legal here. So not really an option.

This is going to be several months I’m sure to heal so I am using a butt pillow too.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard; 05-18-2022 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: Bb
Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:14 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard View Post
So if I am a beer drinker then can I take naproxen sodium? I knew I shouldn’t take Tylenol but didn’t know about ibuprofen, now that’s out. I go back next week and I am sure they are willing to push more pills on me but I’m trying to tough it out, I ain’t doin no opioids.
My goal is to use a otc pain killer plus cbd and patches. (On my xyphoid not on my butt!
Don’t do weed. Not legal here. So not really an option.

This is going to be several months I’m sure to heal so I am using a butt pillow too.
Naproxen is Aleve. It's an NSAID, so everything that I said about ibuprofen applies in this case. Short term use of immediate release opioids is safe, especially for the kind of pain you suffered. It doesn't make you a lesser person if you need to take them for a few days.

It is likely you may experience inconsistent effects from CBD due to the fact that most manufacturers aren't regulated and without said regulation it is difficult to discern the content of the supplement absent an independent certificate of analysis.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 09:55 PM   #41
"I'm with you fellers"

Thanks for the input guys. I’m moving forward with cbd and my butt pillow and trying not to lift anything. I’m bad about thinking I’m still young and full of piss and vinegar!
Seems like any pain reliever and beer are not good and I don’t do weed. We have a cbd store here that’s not sketchy and what I have tried so far is seeming to work a little better each day.
I have been able to swallow food without my xyphoid bring tears to my eyes since yesterday which is a godsend.
Old 05-18-2022, 10:19 PM   #42
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Naproxen is Aleve. It's an NSAID, so everything that I said about ibuprofen applies in this case. Short term use of immediate release opioids is safe, especially for the kind of pain you suffered. It doesn't make you a lesser person if you need to take them for a few days.

It is likely you may experience inconsistent effects from CBD due to the fact that most manufacturers aren't regulated and without said regulation it is difficult to discern the content of the supplement absent an independent certificate of analysis.
As always, you provide good information.

Can you tell me the difference between immediate release opioids and whatever are unsafe?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2022, 10:36 PM   #43
www.nfl-forecast.com

Falls are bad the older we get. My dad — 87 — took a nasty fall this week, face first down a short flight of stairs. I won’t post his knarly pic out of privacy and wtf concerns, but damn it was a nasty fall. The aftermath on the hallway wall looked like Sharon Tate vs. the Manson family. Luckily, no concussion and nothing that appears to affect his musculoskeletal system long term. He doesn’t experience pain like a normal human so no concerns about drugs. But my mantra as I age is 1) don’t fall and 2) don’t get the flu/covid. These things lead to death.

Sorry for you fall Mr. Wizard. Even more sorry for your suffering. So glad you’re here to seek advice.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2022, 12:10 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
As always, you provide good information.

Can you tell me the difference between immediate release opioids and whatever are unsafe?
Immediate release opioids are generally simply designed tablets that dissolve and release the entirety of their dose right away. The total dose is lower, so the risk of overdose is also low. Most opioid prescriptions should be IR formulations, because most people don't need round-the-clock dosing.

Examples: hydrocodone/acetaminophen (Vicodin, Lortab, Norco), oxycodone/acetaminophen (Percocet), morphine sulfate.

Extended/Controlled/Sustained release opioids are designed to deliver a higher dose over a longer period of time. There is a correlation between use of these formulations and an increased risk of overdose--sometimes intentional, sometimes not. The most infamous of these is oxycontin, which is an extended release version of oxycodone, and can be up to 80mg in a single pill, compared to 5 or 10mg of an IR formulation.

There are also abuse-deterrent formulations that are designed to be hard to crush, or that contain additives that make it difficult/unsavory to crush up and use all at once, but there isn't a ton of good literature demonstrating that they actually reduce overdose.

Finally, there are patch formulations, like fentanyl (Duragesic). These are usually safe, but require a period of time for absorption, so they are usually issued with an immediate release opioid for breakthrough pain, and must be used properly. For example, if you put a heating pad over an area where the patch is you can cause dose dumping and actually unintentionally overdose yourself.

Another thing to recognize is that there is incomplete cross-tolerance between opioids. Although you may be able to take a large dose of one opioid, if you are switching to another, practitioners may decrease your dose (in what we call morphine equivalents) by 30-50%.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 05:18 AM   #45
Live free or die hard

I worked with a guy in landscaping a couple years ago that swore by turmeric. He bashed his ankle in a motorcycle accident. His foot looked like God was in a hurry that day and placed it on backwards.

Never tried it but it seemed to work for him.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.