https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html

Try it, it's addictive.

Wordle 356 4/6

🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Last edited by NinerDoug; 06-10-2022 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: New link
NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2022, 01:41 PM   #91
Threepeat!

Wordle 233 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2022, 01:47 PM   #92
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
I’ll try that! Does Hard mode not allow you to guess random words?
Hard Mode
Any revealed hints must be used in subsequent guesses

So you can only use two completely different words as long as none of the letters in the previous guess match.

For example, I used "route" as my first word today. It revealed an "R" and an "E", albeit in the wrong position. That means my next word must have both letters in it.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2022, 02:12 PM   #93
Veteran

Wordle 233 5/6

⬜⬜⬜����
⬜⬜������
⬜⬜������
⬜⬜������
����������
bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.bsp4444 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-07-2022, 02:18 PM   #94
Elway be drinkin' again

Got it in 4 today.
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-07-2022, 02:38 PM   #95
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
Hard Mode
Any revealed hints must be used in subsequent guesses

So you can only use two completely different words as long as none of the letters in the previous guess match.

For example, I used "route" as my first word today. It revealed an "R" and an "E", albeit in the wrong position. That means my next word must have both letters in it.
Oh I do that anyway..
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2022, 03:19 PM   #96
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Oh I do that anyway..
Yeah, I always have as well. I just recently learned that there was a hard mode setting that is turned off by default.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2022, 06:44 PM   #97
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers View Post
Got it in 4 today.
same
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 02-07-2022, 06:50 PM   #98
In Search of a Life

hardest one yet

Wordle 233 5/6

⬜��⬜⬜⬜
⬜��⬜⬜⬜
⬜��⬜⬜��
⬜��������
����������
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2022, 06:56 PM   #99
The man you could post like.

The ones with the same letter twice have thrown me off both times.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:06 PM   #100
Mammoth penis

Two best starting words are ADIEU and STORY. Prove me wrong.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:15 PM   #101
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
I’m sure there have been people that have worked these things out mathematically, but honestly it depends on how they are selecting their words. Strategies are completely different if the words are truly random or if they are being chosen based on some other methodology. Regardless, “adieu” seems solid, but “store” seems to be superior to “story” in every situation excepting those rare times a word with a “y” comes up.

On a side note, I remain puzzled how a game like this, based on a very old mechanic, suddenly becomes popular.

Edit: I am realizing that I may have been misinterpreting what you were saying. I’m now thinking you mean using them sequentially. I personally don’t understand the strategy of having a specific second word to play rather than using the results of the first play to craft a word that could actually work. That being said, if that’s the way you want to do it, then they are probably good words to use.

Last edited by Third Eye; 02-07-2022 at 07:25 PM..
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-07-2022, 07:52 PM   #102
Award Winning Tailgater

I use stamp as the starting word.

Wordle 233 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:56 PM   #103
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
The other argument is there are only 5 vowels and one of them isn't used very often, so you might as well knock out as many other letters as possible.

You cn also pck up lts of wrds wtht vwls, u o ea e oe a aou.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:58 PM   #104
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
On a side note, I remain puzzled how a game like this, based on a very old mechanic, suddenly becomes popular.
Nerdle is far better, even though today's was annoying.

Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:08 PM   #105
Threepeat!

Wordle 233 2/6

⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Naked dance.
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.