Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-25-2017, 02:11 PM  
Veteran

Filming just started today (after months of pre production). James Cameron is set to make 4 sequels. Are you looking forward to the sequel(s)? I can't decide if he's either crazy or brilliant lol. At this point though, I think it would be foolish to bet against Cameron. People thought he was crazy making a 200 million dollar budget about a sinking ship and they thought Avatar would flop too (both are the highest grossest films of all time)

Avatar 2 will be in theaters December 18th, 2020.

I loved Avatar. I thought the 3rd act was worth the price of admission alone. Saw it twice in IMAX 3D (I very rarely would do something like that but I liked it so much the 1st time I had to see it again) So count me in on looking forward to the sequels.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-27-2022, 01:12 AM   #136
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar View Post
Did you see it in 3D?
will never watch that terrible shit
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 02:42 AM   #137
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
will never watch that terrible shit
That is one of the points of the movie. I am no fan of 3d but remember watching the 1st one in 3d and it was incredible
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-27-2022, 08:03 AM   #138
GDT white noise poster

yeah I saw it in 3D, it was cool at some points but it kind of gave the whole movie a playstation/xbox cutscene vibe which was distracting, wouldn't recommend.
DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-27-2022, 10:54 AM   #139
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
That is one of the points of the movie. I am no fan of 3d but remember watching the 1st one in 3d and it was incredible
shit destroys the picture
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-27-2022, 09:21 PM   #140
I'll be back.

movie getting dragged on reddit

"hey kid, it's not that kinda movie"

Quote:
I enjoyed the film. The visuals were stunning. However, I get that sci-fi is often a cautionary tale, but I thought some more macro things about the universe were improbable.

Human technology has evolved to the point of cloning, mind uploading, and advanced synthetic biology, but the low morality imperialist military doesn't resort to drones, strategic and blanket air strikes, nano-bots, railguns from space, and biological warfare?

We can't artificially synthesize the Pandora whale "ambergris" that pauses human aging?

We can build all these spaceships, but we can't fix the biosphere on Earth? We're not mining the asteroid belt and colonizing Mars while moving heavy industry into low Earth orbit with robotic factories?

Why didn't the colonel call in backup once he laid the trap? I guess the military strategy was to cut off the head of the snake by taking out the leading insurgent and they didn't want to escalate, but the overmatch was such that they needn't worry if they were using standoff weapons.

Did humanity even try to negotiate peaceful coexistence? Since humans can't breathe the atmosphere, they'd be confined to dense cities. This would only need to take up part of Pandora. They could use their genetic engineering tech to eventually hybridize and become more like the natives. The movie assumes humans aren't adaptable and have a colonial mentality along with Vietnam Era ethics. We change. We grow. We tame our environment as it alters us.
Old 12-28-2022, 10:44 PM   #141
Time Keeps On Slipping

Seeing it for the second time tomorrow.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 12-29-2022, 12:46 AM   #142
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
movie getting dragged on reddit

"hey kid, it's not that kinda movie"
So you going to apply the same logic to Star Trek/Star Wars?

Faster than light speed of travel..., but...

Why aren't the computers/killer robots yet faster than humans?

Magical fantasy worlds make more sense than sci-fi because...

Magic.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 03:38 AM   #143
EvOlVeD

i don't need to see the movie to realise it's shit...

movies have become wayyyyyyyyyy too predictable...

it's like music now: all notes have been played. it's just the matter of masking it enough to make it seem somewhat original
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 12-30-2022, 10:11 AM   #144
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickhead View Post
i don't need to see the movie to realise it's shit...

it's like music now: all notes have been played. it's just the matter of masking it enough to make it seem somewhat original
So because the story is predictable, Avatar 2 is shit?

Bro, it's an incredible movie and you're missing out.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 12-30-2022, 11:07 AM   #145
Future NBA Finals MVP

As others have said, very predictable movie but it is enjoyable. I don't know what Clay is talking about in terms of 3D...this is absolutely a movie you want to see in 3D. The visuals were amazing. 8 out of 10.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 12:28 PM   #146
I'll be back.

3D ****ing sucks. It dims the picture and is hard to watch.

Movies should never be watched in 3D.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 12:29 PM   #147
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
So because the story is predictable, Avatar 2 is shit?

Bro, it's an incredible movie and you're missing out.
This was a cinematic experience.
Old 12-30-2022, 12:39 PM   #148
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
This was a cinematic experience.
For sure. And I agree with you about 3D in general but James Cameron nails it, man. I saw it twice at the AMC28 in Olathe on their IMAX screen in 3D and it's incredible.

Will probably watch on that Dolby screen in 2D in the Town Center AMC one more time before it goes away.
Old 12-30-2022, 12:48 PM   #149
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

I thought the 3D stuff was far and away the best part of the original; that really put it over the top. Otherwise it was just the same old CGI stuff that even back then had become fairly commonplace.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 11:04 PM   #150
Veteran

Quote:
Just got back from watching the film.

Decent/good film, cinematography was very nice, dragged a bit in places, 3h12m long!. If you look at your watch during a movie, it is not worth the $20.

If you have a decent large flat screen with surround sound, I would wait until it comes out streaming. That way you can drink your beer, pause and take a piss, smoke your cigar, and get a BJ if the significant other is so inclined.

I am finding that going to the movies is not worth the time and money now days with all the other options available.

My 2 cents. Glad I went, wouldn't do it again.

Screw the spoiler, it seems that there is a crap load more coming...."the next three Avatar films will be named, Avatar: The Seed Bearer, Avatar: The Tulkun Rider and Avatar: The Quest for Eywa."

Spoiler!

Last edited by Holladay; 12-31-2022 at 01:53 AM..
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.