Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-11-2008, 11:49 AM  
Right in the Lumberyard Danny

***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***

Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-06-2023, 11:01 AM   #6271
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
Now do the part about LIV members winning 3 of the last 9 majors
Now do the part about how Phil will never contend in a major again and and see how silly your point is when you set arbitrary brackets around start and end dates.

Who knows, maybe Norman will be able to finagle them world ranking points by playing in the Riyadh Bonesaw Invitational and we'll see them compete in full field events in again. Until then, it's a bunch of guys taking the bag and ducking competition.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2023, 11:01 AM   #6272
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
If a bunch of washed-up guys want to cash checks in a third-tier league, that's their right-- just don't denigrate or sue the tour that made you all multi-millionaires because you violated their rules in following a rebel organization started by a bitter choke artist with a vendetta
LIV was always going to sue the tour anyway given the antitrust issues at play.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-06-2023, 11:03 AM   #6273
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Why would anyone be pro LIV?

Haven’t watched any of their events and probably won’t. It’s not because I hate the guys for leaving. I just don’t care about second tier pro leagues
LIV is not any more second tier than over half of the PGA Tour tournaments at this point. The PGA Tour's response to LIV was to basically create a two-tier system on their own tour (with one tier without cuts for the elite players and another tier for the rest). The Valero Texas Open last week had like 2 top 50 golfers even playing.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 11:21 AM   #6274
MVP

Quote:
Now do the part about how Phil will never contend in a major again and and see how silly your point is when you set arbitrary brackets around start and end dates.

Who knows, maybe Norman will be able to finagle them world ranking points by playing in the Riyadh Bonesaw Invitational and we'll see them compete in full field events in again. Until then, it's a bunch of guys taking the bag and ducking competition.
Since 2016 - 12 of 27*, 44.4%

Since 2017 - 10 of 23*, 43.5%

*no Open Championship in 2020 due to Covid

Those work better for you? Because they work even better for me and the point I'm making.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2023, 11:23 AM   #6275

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
LIV is not any more second tier than over half of the PGA Tour tournaments at this point. The PGA Tour's response to LIV was to basically create a two-tier system on their own tour (with one tier without cuts for the elite players and another tier for the rest). The Valero Texas Open last week had like 2 top 50 golfers even playing.
That has existed for decades. Tiger's career was defined by playing the majors, the Players', WGC events Jack's and Arnold's events, and some Buick events per his endorsement contract.

Tons of low level players got their cards winning events like the Barbasol Invitational or the Disney. That's how Tiger got his in 1996.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2023, 11:26 AM   #6276

Quote:
Since 2016 - 12 of 27*, 44.4%

Since 2017 - 10 of 23*, 43.5%

*no Open Championship in 2020 due to Covid

Those work better for you? Because they work even better for me and the point I'm making.
Yes, when you go back in history, the guys that used to be elite have better results.

I'll tell you what: we can make a wager. There will be 20 majors over the next 5 years. LIV guys will win O/U 7.5 while they are on LIV. I'll take the under.
Old 04-06-2023, 11:26 AM   #6277
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
That has existed for decades. Tiger's career was defined by playing the majors, the Players', WGC events Jack's and Arnold's events, and some Buick events per his endorsement contract.

Tons of low level players got their cards winning events like the Barbasol Invitational or the Disney. That's how Tiger got his in 1996.
Not to this extent. The WGC events were a response to another Greg Norman endeavor 30 years ago, but making over a dozen mandatory cut less tournaments for the top 50 in the world has not ever existed before. It had to be done, though, so they didn't lose any more elite players.
Old 04-06-2023, 11:31 AM   #6278
MVP

Quote:
Yes, when you go back in history, the guys that used to be elite have better results.

I'll tell you what: we can make a wager. There will be 20 majors over the next 5 years. LIV guys will win O/U 7.5 while they are on LIV. I'll take the under.
LIV members won't be allowed to play in 5 of those 20 majors.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 11:34 AM   #6279
MVP

Nice bounce back by Rahmbo. -5 on the 8 holes after his 4-jack on the 1st.

These guys are freaking wizards. I practice A LOT and it's amazing what an entirely different level they're on.
Old 04-06-2023, 11:51 AM   #6280
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Nice bounce back by Rahmbo. -5 on the 8 holes after his 4-jack on the 1st.

These guys are freaking wizards. I practice A LOT and it's amazing what an entirely different level they're on.
1. They don't throw away shots trying to do the impossible like amateurs do.
2. They take their punishment when they hit a bad shot and move on.
3. They know you can't overcome a double or triple bogey on 1 hole and just chip away.
4. They spend most of their time practicing on the green, sandtraps and chipping since that is where most strokes are gained/lost.
5. They can shape shots, amateurs rarely can.
6. They know when to pin hunt and when to go to center of green.

When amateurs finish a round and start reflecting on every shot, they are amazed at all the wasted shots, especially 3 or 4 putts. Add in shanked chips or getting stuck in a sandtrap and most have an easy 8-10 shots they can improve on.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2023, 12:32 PM   #6281
In Search of a Life

Tiger finally gets a putt to fall.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2023, 12:36 PM   #6282
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
When amateurs finish a round and start reflecting on every shot, they are amazed at all the wasted shots, especially 3 or 4 putts.
I'm around 15-17 handicap and this is my biggest issue. Wasted shots. I'll play decent over 14 holes and look back and realize that I gave up 8+ shots over those 4 holes. Kills my score.

Bladed my chip over the green; chipped back short; 2 putt. Instead of 5 at worst, I'm carding a 7.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2023, 01:12 PM   #6283
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
I'm around 15-17 handicap and this is my biggest issue. Wasted shots. I'll play decent over 14 holes and look back and realize that I gave up 8+ shots over those 4 holes. Kills my score.

Bladed my chip over the green; chipped back short; 2 putt. Instead of 5 at worst, I'm carding a 7.
I carried about a 15-17 handicap for a long time living in NJ. When I moved to CA in 1996 and started to play 3 days a week, I spent a LOT of time practicing my chipping and sand trap shots. I also also worked on eliminating 3 putts.

By the time I left CA in early 2002, I was a 7.8 handicap and I rarely tossed away shots. My biggest weakness to this day has been my 3,4,5 irons. I have a bad habit of reverse pivoting that creates hitting the ball fat. I am NOT a natural golfer and only got good due to massive amounts of practice and muscle memory.

I rarely play any golf even though I live in golf haven here in AZ but I am going to get back to playing this summer after I drop all the weight I've gained the last 2 1/2 years.

I bet I am a 25+ handicap today if I stepped on a course.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2023, 01:23 PM   #6284
MVP

Imagine being that amateur and being 4-under on the first day of the Masters.

That's gonna be me someday...

Old 04-06-2023, 01:38 PM   #6285
Starter

Went to the practice rounds on Monday and Tuesday. Really awesome experience. Got to see pretty much all the golfers that have a chance to win. Followed Justin Thomas and Tiger on Tuesday. Also the LIV guys as well. Watching them skip the water on 16 was a trip. Amazing how close some of those guys came to holing it. 10/10. Would recommend.
Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.