Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2024, 11:21 PM  
Inmem 2.0

Left Tackles

Y'all want to ride with Smith for another year or give Morris a chance? Because there's probably several good to decent prospects who likely will be there when the Chiefs pick.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2024, 05:22 PM   #196
MVP

I feel like OTs are such a crapshoot. Every year there are sure things bust and traits guys who turn into excellent linemen. How does one draft them effectively?
Is this just a position where we regularly fill from FA just to get adequate known quantities until Patrick slows down?
Take Wanya as an example: he has every trait you could want. So do you go invest in another traits guy like Fisher? I guess if they both work out, you can let Taylor go. I just have a hard time getting comfy spending big draft capital on one when outcomes feel so volatile.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 05:50 PM   #197
MVP

Something about that 4th overall pick

So, out of the top 10 Highest paid tackles the ones drafted in 1st round:

1) 13th pick

2) 4th pick

3) 4th pick

4) 109th pick

5) 14th pick

6) 4th pick

7) 6th pick

8) 35th pick

9) 6th pick

10) 32nd pick
ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-09-2024, 07:35 PM   #198
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I think the fanbase is so caught up on the need at WR that we understate the importance of an LT. It's one of the most critical positions on the team and one of the most difficult to adequately fill, especially long-term. I fully support a move-up for an LT all day over worrying about WRs. I would not be exaggerating if I said that I don't care if Veach waits until round 3 to address WR if it means getting an LT.

Now, that doesn't mean I support reaching or chancing it on an LT if we stay at 32 and bypass better talent at another position, which is likely to be WR or CB in this draft.
Absolutely THIS! I have changed my mind because I was ALL in on Brian Thomas Jr. or Xavier Worthy. NOW, I want us to move up to 19 with the Rams and take Troy Fautanu. This is 5 years of a protector of our beloved Mahomes blind side. I hope this is the direction Veach goes. I will admit that I hate to loose the draft picks there but, for the team, it is the best option.
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-09-2024, 07:43 PM   #199
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 View Post
Something about that 4th overall pick

So, out of the top 10 Highest paid tackles the ones drafted in 1st round:

1) 13th pick

2) 4th pick

3) 4th pick

4) 109th pick

5) 14th pick

6) 4th pick

7) 6th pick

8) 35th pick

9) 6th pick

10) 32nd pick
You end up missing some of the best tackles in the NFL because they are still on rookie deals.

i.e.

Charles Cross 1 #9
Rashawn Slater 1 #13
Christian Darrisaw 1 #23
Bernhard Raimann 3 # 77
Tristan Wirfs (1 #13) could play LT easily

Yeah, it's rare to get that guy outside the top 13, but it happens from time to time. That's why you have to gauge it and see. If one of the top 3 get to 15, you have to consider that move, else you're probably looking at continuing to draft projects and hope.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-10-2024, 04:41 AM   #200
offense > defense

I'd be super in on trading up for an OT, but I don't think it's gonna work out.

Fautanu, Fashanu and Mims are all going really high IMO. Couple of elite pass-protecting LTs (literally who cares about run blocking at this point, other than Harbaugh - they can have Fuaga) and an otherwordly size/athlete prospect.

Fautanu I don't see getting past 14, and the Jets would be dumb to pass on him. He'd be my guy but that's too rich. Late teens is the floor for the other 2 IMO. Maybe if the Rams wanna acquire more picks.

Hard pass on Guyton and Latham. Very overrated groupthink prospects IMO. And then the other guys I'd stay put at 32 and either take and hope for the best, or just go to another position.
CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:21 AM   #201
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Absolutely THIS! I have changed my mind because I was ALL in on Brian Thomas Jr. or Xavier Worthy. NOW, I want us to move up to 19 with the Rams and take Troy Fautanu. This is 5 years of a protector of our beloved Mahomes blind side. I hope this is the direction Veach goes. I will admit that I hate to loose the draft picks there but, for the team, it is the best option.
Could work Kupp into that trade. Get our LT and still a stud WR.
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-10-2024, 03:17 PM   #202
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto View Post

Just ****ing stop it
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2024, 07:23 PM   #203
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto View Post
UM, not HAPPENING.
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:03 PM   #204
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 View Post
The bigger problem is that the 2nd tier of tackles might be picked through by the time KC drafts at the end of the 2nd. I consider the 2nd tier to be: Morgan (might be guard), Suamataia, Fisher, Paul and the kid from Yale who was injured most of the season and didn't face great competition.
This absolutely. It’s hard to find a great LT later and you see that all the time with WRs. If mims get to the lions pick, I hope we move to get Mims if he’s there and trade with the lions to select Mims. I don’t see Mims getting past the ravens.
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 04-11-2024, 06:46 AM   #205
In Search of a Life

FWIW, Eric Edholm at nfl.com updated his top 100 prospects (it apparently includes insight from teams/scouts that he has spoken to). With respect to tackles, he has the following:

6. Alt
13. Latham
15 Fautanu
17 Fuaga
19 Fashanu
20 Mims
23 Guyton
34 Morgan (Guard)
42 Suamataia
70 Paul
72 Fisher
89 Christian Jones
94 Amagadje
97 Foster
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:41 AM   #206
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 View Post
FWIW, Eric Edholm at nfl.com updated his top 100 prospects (it apparently includes insight from teams/scouts that he has spoken to). With respect to tackles, he has the following:

6. Alt
13. Latham
15 Fautanu
17 Fuaga
19 Fashanu
20 Mims
23 Guyton
34 Morgan (Guard)
42 Suamataia
70 Paul
72 Fisher
89 Christian Jones
94 Amagadje
97 Foster
That seems pretty damn spot on to me. I think he has Amegadjie a bit low, but everyone else seems to be in the proper ballpark. I'd be inclined to put Amegadjie right up there with Paul and Fisher, but I recognize that I'm weighing skills more and risk less with that.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:54 AM   #207
In Search of a Life

staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:55 AM   #208
In Search of a Life

I'm starting to settle on Kingsley in the 1st with a trade up for a WR in the 2nd, barring a trade up in the 1st or Adonai Mitchell making it to 32.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:59 AM   #209
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I'm starting to settle on Kingsley in the 1st with a trade up for a WR in the 2nd, barring a trade up in the 1st or Adonai Mitchell making it to 32.
Really like Kingsley for a bit of a developmental guy, but **** I cant really do Dan Harms. He's okay solo, but I hate listening to him and Ryan slobber all over each other. RGR used to be one of my favorites.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-11-2024, 10:03 AM   #210
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Really like Kingsley for a bit of a developmental guy, but **** I cant really do Dan Harms. He's okay solo, but I hate listening to him and Ryan slobber all over each other. RGR used to be one of my favorites.
It's just Harms in that video FYI.

I don't mind him, but I don't watch anything with Ryan.