Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-29-2018, 09:05 PM  
Champs!

*** Official 2018-2019 Royals Offseason Repository ***

As the season comes to a close after an awful season, there is a possibility of some hope since the team played better in late August to the end of the season.

Here are all the important dates you need to know for the 2018-19 MLB offseason. Some of them do involve the Royals, such as:

Oct. 29: As of 9 a.m. ET on Monday, all eligible players are free agents (Escobar - good riddance).

Oct. 31: Most contract option decisions are due on this date (Hammel should be declined, resulting $2 million buyout and Peralta should be accepted, resulting $3 million increase to the payroll, and could be future flip for additional minor leaguers if he performs well).

Nov. 2: Deadline for teams to tender their eligible FA the qualifying offer.

Nov. 3: Free agency begins.

Nov. 4: Gold Glove winners announced (Gordon & Perez).

Nov. 6-8: General manager meetings in Carlsbad, California.

Nov. 12: Deadline for free agents to accept or reject the qualifying offer.

Nov. 14-15: Owners meetings in Atlanta (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 20: Deadline for teams to add eligible minor leaguers to the 40-man roster to protect them from the Rule 5 Draft.

Spoiler!

Nov. 26-29: MLB Players Association executive board meeting in Dallas (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 30: Non-tender deadline.

Dec. 9-13: Winter Meetings in Las Vegas. This is typically when all offseason hell breaks loose.

Dec. 13: Rule 5 Draft (could see the Royals taking a stab here).

Jan. 11: Deadline for teams and arbitration-eligible players to submit 2019 salary figures (I believe KC has some arb-eligible players).

Feb. 1-20: Arbitration hearings. You win some, you lose some.

Mid-Feb. : SPRING TRAINING!

As usual, let's have a good off-season discussion on ways that the Royals can/should/would do to improve. I will try to update the OP as the off-season goes along. And Duncan, you're more than welcome to provide us some information that I can add onto the OP. Just let me know.

To see the 2018 Royals thread, go here.

Last edited by Coach; 11-20-2018 at 02:18 PM..
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:11 PM   #601
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Let's be fair, Dexter Fowler is all of those things and if my daugher brought him home, I'd throw them both out of the house.

But I guess that's mostly because that mother****er won't run after a ball in the gap and blames the fact that he's a shitty hitter on his height. So I guess that's a different story.

Carry on, lads...
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:19 PM   #602
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Let's be fair, Dexter Fowler is all of those things and if my daugher brought him home, I'd throw them both out of the house.

But I guess that's mostly because that mother****er won't run after a ball in the gap and blames the fact that he's a shitty hitter on his height. So I guess that's a different story.

Carry on, lads...
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:36 PM   #603
I’m a Mahomo!

I like this lineup.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:55 PM   #604
Rabbi Goldmann

Sh-windel
Sh-wing!
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:01 PM   #605
Stay positive, don't give up

@Royals: We have optioned RHP Glenn Sparkman and outfielders Jorge Bonifacio and Brett Phillips to Omaha. #Royals

Duffy also quit Twitter
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:24 PM   #606

tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:28 PM   #607
Herm is the worst...horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
@Royals: We have optioned RHP Glenn Sparkman and outfielders Jorge Bonifacio and Brett Phillips to Omaha. #Royals

Duffy also quit Twitter
Goodwin likely makes the final 25, unless they pull a surprise and go with another utility player or outfielder that they elevate to the 40.
dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:03 PM   #608

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan View Post
Goodwin likely makes the final 25, unless they pull a surprise and go with another utility player or outfielder that they elevate to the 40.
It's pretty much a lock now that Goodwin/Soler are going to share RF/DH duties. The OF will be Gordon, Hamilton, Goodwin, Soler, Gore... plus Whit and Owings can play all the OF positions so Ned has a ton of flexibility. Basically have 6 guys who can play any OF spot.

The question is if they carry 13 position players that still leaves one more spot open.

C Maldonado
1B O'Hearn
2B Whit
SS Mondesi
3B Dozier
LF Gordon
CF Hamilton
RF Goodwin
DH Soler

Gallagher C
Owings 2B/SS/3B/OF
Gore OF
BENCH PLAYER
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:26 PM   #609
Everything is Awesome!!!!!

kinda surprised boni got sent down.
cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:31 PM   #610
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabletech94 View Post
kinda surprised boni got sent down.

He hasn’t been good since getting busted for PEDs. This let’s them play Soler in the OF a little while letting Bonifacio get everyday ABs.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:42 PM   #611
Everything is Awesome!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
He hasn’t been good since getting busted for PEDs. This let’s them play Soler in the OF a little while letting Bonifacio get everyday ABs.
and im very happy with this. i should have said, im surprised, but happy.....

can't wait to read some reports on the young kids, duncan!!!
cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:50 PM   #612
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
I like this lineup.
Yeesh.

That lineup projects to 102 or 103 loses for me. Woof.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:52 PM   #613
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Interesting things from spring...

I fully expect KC to be bad this year, but the offense could be sneaky effective.

Merrifield and Mondesi are a dangerous 1-2 combo. And then the middle... Gordon-Soler-OHearn doesn’t look great on paper, but consider...

Gordon changed his training regimen and looks to have regained some bad speed. He looks quicker and more flexible.

Soler looks locked in. His raw power is no joke and he has good plate discipline. If he’s healthy, he could finally deliver on his promise.

And ohearn has good power and patience from the left side.

That should be a trio that makes starters work.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:16 PM   #614
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Interesting things from spring...

I fully expect KC to be bad this year, but the offense could be sneaky effective.

Merrifield and Mondesi are a dangerous 1-2 combo. And then the middle... Gordon-Soler-OHearn doesn’t look great on paper, but consider...

Gordon changed his training regimen and looks to have regained some bad speed. He looks quicker and more flexible.

Soler looks locked in. His raw power is no joke and he has good plate discipline. If he’s healthy, he could finally deliver on his promise.

And ohearn has good power and patience from the left side.

That should be a trio that makes starters work.
So, 1-5 could be decent, then 6-9 terrible?
Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:35 PM   #615

I agree the question about Soler is 100% about health. I thought he looked good last year, let alone this spring. I don't know if he's going to be an all-star, but it sure looks like he can be a productive offensive player if he can just stay healthy for once.

The real wild card will probably be O'Hearn. If he hits at all like last season, watch out. But it's also possible he regresses.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote