Xavier Worthy, Texas
Ladd McConkey, Georgia

OT:

Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
Jordan Morgan, Arizona

CB:

Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama

Typically, we draft a guy from this list every year that I've been doing it.

Anybody you guys feel should/shouldn't be on there?

Last edited by staylor26; 04-26-2024 at 07:54 PM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2024, 04:37 PM   #226
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
I can see it as far as how they win against NFL corners.

My comps for Coleman might be Pittman or Nico Collins as far as quick and dirty what style of WR you are getting.
I don't see Pittman and Collins as comparable players at all.

To get super lazy and just use recent Chiefs, Pittman would be akin to Bowe and Collins to Maclin.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2024, 04:38 PM   #227
MVP

Just catching up, here's a few thoughts...

1. Franklyn compared to MVS isn't my favorite, I see a bit of C. Watson or G. Pickens crossed with a bit of J. Waddle or Devonta Smith in his game, but think J. Addison is the best comp. Keep in mind though that I ONLY watch these guys college highlights lol. I think Worthy is this year's Hyatt.

2. I'm not very high on big WRs for KC either, unless they have the exceptional physical gifts to be an alpha WR 1 or a big play-breaker. This year those guys for me are Thomas Jr, Keon Coleman and Xavier Legette. Mahomes to Thomas Jr deep would be a great match, if Coleman is the new Mike Evans that'd be a great fit, and I could imagine Andy designing screen passes for Legette to leverage his physical gifts. I hated London last year, didn't even like Dwane Bowe, KC prefers Tyreek Hill types.

3. Speaking of NEVER watching college football, I haven't tuned in to any of Harrison Jr's tape yet. None of the top 3 WRs actually, they're just not of interest if they're not going to be available to us. Is he really that good!? Why is he getting so much hype and Jerry Rice's kid isn't? They both scored 12+ TDs, both had approx. 18 yards per catch, what's the deal? Loved Steve Smith's comment on Rice Jr, said something like "he runs like Pachecco. Like he's running for his life out there! Full sprint every play, maximum effort."

4. I don't think 22 WRs go in the first 3 rounds, there will be guys that drop. I've been thinking lately that there might be a tendency for fans to project WR's higher than they tend to go in the draft because they're a polarizing positions. Fans love offensive weapons! We always fall in love with these draft darlings and forget that most of them don't turn into much when they get in the league. AT Perry is a good example from last year, we were all impressed with him as a novelty and I think he had 1 catch this season. This year, J. Wilson is a better version of what Perry was but not as much interest for whatever reason. Might be bc this draft has so many traditional WRs that he's seen as an odd ball. Might make a good TE!?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-21-2024, 04:54 PM   #228
MVP

Also, regarding a list of 2nd round targets...

I've been tooling around with the idea of a draft game for us, looking to you guys to see if there's any interest? ...the idea would be to start a thread for our game, everyone picks 3 players for each of our draft picks, and whoever gets the most correct wins. Maybe I'd send you a Chiefs hat or something if you win, and we could play every offseason.

Any interest?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-21-2024, 04:55 PM   #229
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Just catching up, here's a few thoughts...

1. Franklyn compared to MVS isn't my favorite, I see a bit of C. Watson or G. Pickens crossed with a bit of J. Waddle or Devonta Smith in his game, but think J. Addison is the best comp. Keep in mind though that I ONLY watch these guys college highlights lol. I think Worthy is this year's Hyatt.

2. I'm not very high on big WRs for KC either, unless they have the exceptional physical gifts to be an alpha WR 1 or a big play-breaker. This year those guys for me are Thomas Jr, Keon Coleman and Xavier Legette. Mahomes to Thomas Jr deep would be a great match, if Coleman is the new Mike Evans that'd be a great fit, and I could imagine Andy designing screen passes for Legette to leverage his physical gifts. I hated London last year, didn't even like Dwane Bowe, KC prefers Tyreek Hill types.

3. Speaking of NEVER watching college football, I haven't tuned in to any of Harrison Jr's tape yet. None of the top 3 WRs actually, they're just not of interest if they're not going to be available to us. Is he really that good!? Why is he getting so much hype and Jerry Rice's kid isn't? They both scored 12+ TDs, both had approx. 18 yards per catch, what's the deal? Loved Steve Smith's comment on Rice Jr, said something like "he runs like Pachecco. Like he's running for his life out there! Full sprint every play, maximum effort."

4. I don't think 22 WRs go in the first 3 rounds, there will be guys that drop. I've been thinking lately that there might be a tendency for fans to project WR's higher than they tend to go in the draft because they're a polarizing positions. Fans love offensive weapons! We always fall in love with these draft darlings and forget that most of them don't turn into much when they get in the league. AT Perry is a good example from last year, we were all impressed with him as a novelty and I think he had 1 catch this season. This year, J. Wilson is a better version of what Perry was but not as much interest for whatever reason. Might be bc this draft has so many traditional WRs that he's seen as an odd ball. Might make a good TE!?
If he compares to J Waddle he won’t be lasting till end of the 1st.

MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-21-2024, 05:06 PM   #230
MVP

Quote:
If he compares to J Waddle he won’t be lasting till end of the 1st.

Well, sure, he's not actually J Waddle. I'm just saying I see some similarities between the two in the the type of WRs they are. Meant to mean that Franklin's not just a deep threat, he runs crisp routes and can separate at all three levels, he doesn't just run deep and pray.
Old 02-21-2024, 05:08 PM   #231
Generational Player

Quote:
Well, sure, he's not actually J Waddle. I'm just saying I see some similarities between the two in the the type of WRs they are. Meant to mean that Franklin's not just a deep threat, he runs crisp routes and can separate at all three levels, he doesn't just run deep and pray.
Haven’t dug into him yet.

Highlights were what I expected, guy running by overwhelmed corners.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 06:14 PM   #232
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Haven’t dug into him yet.

Highlights were what I expected, guy running by overwhelmed corners.

He put up big games against Washington, USC, Colorado, and Wazzou. Or the best teams they played.

Unfortunately, Travis Hunter didn’t play against Oregon, so we don’t have any of that matchup.

I don’t think he’s a guy big-voting the shitty teams on their schedule, though.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 09:34 PM   #233
MVP

Adding to the big vs fast WR discussion that there's really no question which is preferred in today's NFL. Here are a couple articles from PFF highlighting the most efficient RBs and WRs with the most separation in 2023.

Most efficient RB:

1. DE’VON ACHANE, MIAMI DOLPHINS: 92.1
Achane didn’t see the volume of some of the other top running backs, but his efficiency was unmatched. He averaged 7.5 yards per carry, including 4.9 after contact, and forced 30 missed tackles on 108 rushing attempts.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-highest...fL%2BoLPeE5kNC

WR's that created the most separation 2023:

1. Tyreek Hill
2. Believe it or not, Justin Watson

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-rou...4kAWmukA940w76

Kay Take Away
Speed Kills.
Old 02-21-2024, 09:58 PM   #234
Veteran

I don’t think the take away there is that speed kills. It’s that the dolphins had people so spread out that those fast rbs feasted in that offense. It’s more complimentary football for me. Things have to fit. Were the lions wrong to feed David Montgomery and not feed Gibbs more? I don’t think so. They worked together well. I do think you’re right (as far as speed kills) that Mahomes does best with speedy WRs and their separation. He’s more comfortable with them or appears to be and it really lets him use his arm strength on the deep ball, which we’ve got to get back in this offense. Our offense could be lethal with our current running game and a deep ball. And both of those would open up Kelce more. So, maybe you’re right, speed would kill for us. The fit is there.

Quote:
Adding to the big vs fast WR discussion that there's really no question which is preferred in today's NFL. Here are a couple articles from PFF highlighting the most efficient RBs and WRs with the most separation in 2023.

Most efficient RB:

1. DE’VON ACHANE, MIAMI DOLPHINS: 92.1
Achane didn’t see the volume of some of the other top running backs, but his efficiency was unmatched. He averaged 7.5 yards per carry, including 4.9 after contact, and forced 30 missed tackles on 108 rushing attempts.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-highest...fL%2BoLPeE5kNC

WR's that created the most separation 2023:

1. Tyreek Hill
2. Believe it or not, Justin Watson

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-rou...4kAWmukA940w76

Kay Take Away
Speed Kills.
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-22-2024, 08:20 AM   #235
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
You know what else translates?

Dude, like Rice, was extremely productive despite the drops. They're completely overblown if that's the only real knock. You aren't going to get any better at 32.
I like him, the drops and such just generally don't translate very well. Rice has worked out great, but that may be some outlier stuff.

I wouldn't be upset at all with Franklin, my thing is it's kind of against what the Chiefs have looked for in WR's early. Maybe that's a good thing cause it hasn't been a good spot for them drafting early, so some change is needed.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-23-2024, 11:55 PM   #236
MVP

Arrowhead Pride:

Spoiler!
Old 03-05-2024, 07:33 AM   #237
MVP

For the love of all that is right in the world, please add Kamari Lassiter to this list.

He's one guy I'd drive a stake in the ground for in the first if we don't move way up for a LT or there aren't a very select couple of WRs sitting in striking distance.

As much as I like Franklin this is one guy who would probably make me flip a coin, especially if we're losing Sneed.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 03:00 PM   #238
Andy Reid Supporter

If Chris Jones leaves I’m placing all my money on a trade up for Darius Robinson. He’s an ideal Spags DL
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2024, 06:32 PM   #239
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
If Chris Jones leaves I’m placing all my money on a trade up for Darius Robinson. He’s an ideal Spags DL
How high do you think he goes? What's his range?
Old 03-05-2024, 08:17 PM   #240
MVP

Quote:
How high do you think he goes? What's his range?
I would think Detroit is in on him? Miami and Baltimore depending on how free agency goes?
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.