Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-19-2019, 03:03 PM  
In BB I trust

So....Dune 2020. Cool?

I learned today for the first time that a remake of the awesome book (and decidedly less awesome early 80s movie) Dune is being made, and is currently in post-production with a release date of December 18, 2020.

The cast includes many I don't know, but the ones I do know seem excellent for their roles. It's damn near a Marvel reunion...

Jason Mamoa as Duncan Idaho (the swordmaster of House Atreides)

Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck (weaponsmaster of House Atreides, played memorably (and surprisingly) by Patrick Stewart in the original movie

Stellan Skarsgard as Baron Harkonnen

Dave Bautista (better known as Drax the Destroyer) as "Beast" Rabban, the nephew of Harkonnen

The most critical guy -- the one playing Paul is unknown to me. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3154303/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t3

This film is also only going to cover the first half of the book, which is good. It's really not possible to cover the whole thing in one 2 or 3 hour movie.

Anyway -- I love the book and a really good film would be great. What say you about all this news? Or am I just the last to known (as would be typical, to be honest!)
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:05 PM   #31
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
First trailer is slated to be out in the next month, attached to the 10th anniversary rerelease of Inception.
Frazod rejoices!!
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-21-2020, 07:39 AM   #32
Black Bob's daddy

Trailer is done apparently, just waiting for it to drop any day now.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-22-2020, 10:28 AM   #33
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Trailer is done apparently, just waiting for it to drop any day now.
Good to know ! Can't wait to see some scenes. I bet it'll be visually stunning.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-01-2020, 03:23 PM   #34
oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by All over the internet
A new Dune teaser attached to screenings of Tenet has confirmed that the first full trailer for the film will be released on 9 September.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-01-2020, 04:27 PM   #35
Starter

my earliest exposure to dune was the early 90s rts game
cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-06-2020, 12:49 PM   #36
Starter

Dune teaser got leaked.

https://streamable.com/ayfdvb

Full trailer drops on the 9th I think.
ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-06-2020, 12:56 PM   #37
I'll be back.

NICE!

Looks like a non-shitty 1984 Dune.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2020, 01:04 PM   #38
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
NICE!

Looks like a non-shitty 1984 Dune.
Yeah, it looks great. Really glad they aren’t going for a campy look.
ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-06-2020, 01:23 PM   #39
sorta mod-ish

Momoa looks like a badass as Duncan Idaho, as does Oscar Isaacs.

Love me some Denis Villeneuve. So looking forward to this.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2020, 02:44 PM   #40
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy View Post
Dune teaser got leaked.

https://streamable.com/ayfdvb

Full trailer drops on the 9th I think.

I look so awesome.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 03:44 PM   #41
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

It certainly looks right. I'm still not happy about the Liet Kynes thing, but overall I'm.... cautiously optimistic.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2020, 06:09 PM   #42
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
It certainly looks right. I'm still not happy about the Liet Kynes thing, but overall I'm.... cautiously optimistic.
The teaser looks good and I am looking forward to a full trailer in a few days.

I really like Blade Runner 2049.

I would put myself in the cautiously optimistic category as well....I keep saying to myself...if great LOTR films can be made, surely a great Dune movie can be made.

I fear that this is the last shot though...if this sucks, no one will touch Dune with a 10 foot pole for a long, long time.
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2020, 06:44 PM   #43
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
The teaser looks good and I am looking forward to a full trailer in a few days.

I really like Blade Runner 2049.

I would put myself in the cautiously optimistic category as well....I keep saying to myself...if great LOTR films can be made, surely a great Dune movie can be made.

I fear that this is the last shot though...if this sucks, no one will touch Dune with a 10 foot pole for a long, long time.
I loved Blade Runner 2049. Hence the reason I'm cautiously optimistic.

At this point I'm like a whipped dog when it comes to Dune. Hopefully the new guy ends up being Jack Thornton.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2020, 06:55 PM   #44
oxymoron

That couldn't look much better.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2020, 06:56 PM   #45
oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
I don't remember if I posted it here or not, but a while back when they showed studio execs portions of the movie, their reaction was that this movie would be revolutionary (for the genre...) in the same way that Jackson's work on LOTR was. According to "sources"...