Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-03-2020, 08:47 AM  
Supporter

Automated Vaccums

Seems as though technology has improved enough in this realm to take the plunge on some sort of machine. I know it doesn't eliminate the need to vacuum, but pushing the interval in which I need to vacuum is appealing.

Holy shit there are a lot of options out there. The comparison sites out there aren't a ton of help. As for what I'd be asking it to do, I have a dog, and the main floor of my house is (IIRC) 2400 sq ft. Most of it hard floors but 1 room with carpet. 2 kids worth of mess too.

Obviously I'm going to have to have the toys all picked up and a friend told me sucking up water is fairly catastrophic. I do have a room that has a cord on the floor. I may have to shut the door on that room.

Does anyone have any experience with these machines?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2020, 08:59 AM   #2
doob02

I have had multiple units for years.
I have used models such as Neato, iRobot, Deebot etc.

At this time I run 3 Deebots.
two model 600s
and a model N79.

Tips I can give.
Cords are something you want to highly avoid. The vacuum doesn't understand the need to stop running. Unless it is clogged or plugged. Typically it will fail something or the cord will get ruined I the process.
I have several rugs on my main floor. My neato's hate the dark colors (Blacks, darks) They think they are falling off a cliff/stairs. I have the sensors covered on the two that run my main floor.

The run great on hard floors and do a fair job of cleanings.
Always have spare parts and clean them nightly.
Doob02 is not part of the Right 53.Doob02 is not part of the Right 53.Doob02 is not part of the Right 53.Doob02 is not part of the Right 53.Doob02 is not part of the Right 53.Doob02 is not part of the Right 53.Doob02 is not part of the Right 53.Doob02 is not part of the Right 53.Doob02 is not part of the Right 53.Doob02 is not part of the Right 53.Doob02 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:07 AM   #3
"Think BOOM!"

Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:08 AM   #4
Hockey Town

If you have pets......it will smear cat or dog shit all over the floor everywhere if one of them shits in the house and the vacuum gets to it before you.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:10 AM   #5
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
If you have pets......it will smear cat or dog shit all over the floor everywhere if one of them shits in the house and the vacuum gets to it before you.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:14 AM   #6
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post

Fun!
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:18 AM   #7
Hockey Town

It'll most likely ruin the vacuum and whatever part of the floor it drags it all over...a friend of mine let his run at night.

It led to throwing away a 500 dollar rumba and having to replace the carpet in an entire room.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:30 AM   #8
Plays to win the game!

We got an iRobot, third tier down from the top of the line model, for Christmas and we really don't run it all that often. The way my wife leaves laundry lying around in the bedroom it got caught up on a bra one time and we had to fish it out of there when we got home to allow it to go again. It will also run into water bowls pretty frequently for your pets, you can buy these little recievers that send a signal out around the water bowl that the iRobot won't go through, but we only got one with the vacuum so more would be an additional cost. It doesn't do a good job on carpets with our two cats and two dogs, it'll bunch up the hair into clumps on the floor, but then I''ll have to come around and clean them up with the real vacuum or by hand. It does well on hard wood floors from what I can tell, the edging feature is nice for around tables and staircase openings. It's okay, glad we got it as a Christmas gift and didn't throw down $500+ for a model ourselves. If I could go back I would've returned the model we did get, and bought the top end model that's like 40 times more powerful to see how that one handles carpets, but that's what iRobot wants you to do.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:35 AM   #9
Hockey Town

Your wife throws clothes everywhere, that would drive me insane.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:38 AM   #10
Veteran

Will the cat or dog ride on it? If so post a vid.
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:40 AM   #11
Veteran

https://www.dyson.com/sticks/dyson-c...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

On sale.

Love these guys. fast and easy. Also, you don't have to worry about dog poo.
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:42 AM   #12
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
Yea I already have this one....

https://www.dyson.com/uprights/dyson-ball-animal-2.html

The upside of the robot ones is well I don't have to do anything.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:49 AM   #13
MVP

How frequently do your pets shit in the house? Neither of my two dogs have EVER shit in the house. But apparently it's enough of a problem to influence vacuum buying decisions here on CP.
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:50 AM   #14
SuperChiefs

We've had one for 2 years and run it daily in our main living space (living room, dining room, breakfast nook and kitchen). We have 2 dogs, no kids with wall to wall tile. Like you said, it doesn't take the place of thorough cleaning, but it does a really good job with hair and sand (florida dirt). I have to clean it out every day which is kind of a pain, but other than that, I highly recommend it.

Edit: mine is an AILINK, not a roomba or irobot, but works well for our needs

Last edited by FlaChief58; 03-03-2020 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: Brand of vac
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:50 AM   #15
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme View Post
How frequently do your pets shit in the house? Neither of my two dogs have EVER shit in the house. But apparently it's enough of a problem to influence vacuum buying decisions here on CP.
Cats tend to puke in the house...cause well mine our house cats so it can happen.

And even if it rarely happens, if your cat pukes while your at work and it's running or happens to shit outside of the box cause this can happen and the vacuum runs over it..you don't want an accident to turn into something that costs you a lot of money.