Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2015, 02:47 PM  
Most Valuable Villain

Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread

Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:49 AM   #886
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler08 View Post
We just paid our last installment bill for Sunday ticket. 6 months of my wife bitching is over! I pray it goes to Netflix or Prime. I have shitty internet but I can stream ok with those two. Streaming off a website isn’t the greatest. I’d love to ditch directv. We never watch it and only watch and record shows on local tv thru directv. If I cut the cord how can I watch and record shows on nbc, abc, cbs?
Ditto here. Wife is mad. I may have to end Sunday ticket if things get worse. Streaming not an issue but lags behind when I am trying to chat......
I am not ready to do on demand only. My brain does not work that way.

My big complaint about DTV is ATT. Since they have taken over-Billing Sucks. I Firmware is not as good. Menus changed to the total reverse of what it has been since 1998. They have taken away the capability to watch your DVR outside of your network, yet we are paying more per month. Sucks for my kid in college.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:09 AM   #887
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Ditto here. Wife is mad. I may have to end Sunday ticket if things get worse. Streaming not an issue but lags behind when I am trying to chat......
I am not ready to do on demand only. My brain does not work that way.

My big complaint about DTV is ATT. Since they have taken over-Billing Sucks. I Firmware is not as good. Menus changed to the total reverse of what it has been since 1998. They have taken away the capability to watch your DVR outside of your network, yet we are paying more per month. Sucks for my kid in college.

Wife and I sat down one evening and talked the whole "Sunday Ticket" thing over and we came to the conclusion that it just wasn't worth it. I mean, I watch the Chiefs local broadcast, so it really was unnecessary (at least for me). So, we called and got rid of DirecTv all together.

Now? We have Amazon Prime and Netflix. Local channels on an antenna (they come in great!) Never looked back.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:25 AM   #888
Please squeeze

This is awesome news that the NFL is going to expand it for this season. This will kill DTV which isn't a bad thing. I was a DTV customer for 10+ years but all they cared about was new customers.

When I moved last year we went back to cable since Charter gave me a sweet deal for 3 years. I watched the Red Zone a ton and any games that I wanted to watch that weren't on tv I used reddit.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:52 PM   #889
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler08 View Post
We just paid our last installment bill for Sunday ticket. 6 months of my wife bitching is over! I pray it goes to Netflix or Prime. I have shitty internet but I can stream ok with those two. Streaming off a website isn’t the greatest. I’d love to ditch directv. We never watch it and only watch and record shows on local tv thru directv. If I cut the cord how can I watch and record shows on nbc, abc, cbs?
There are some other threads on this. One of my rants is how hard/expensive it is to DVR a video stream and how the industry has trained Americans to expect to have to pay a monthly fee for the privilege of doing so.

I have kept an old, Windows 7 desktop in my living room. I have a small antennae attached to the chimney on my roof. I get great OTA. I bought a cheap tuner ($30?) to connect the antennae to the PC. Windows 7 media player has a great DVR that I can record OTA channels with. I also have a Windows media player remote so the fast forward to skip commercials is much nicer than trying to use a mouse and slider bar. I pay $0/month for it. My desktop is directly connected to my surround sound/TV with HDMI. Simple, cheap, it works great.

After Windows 7, Microsoft killed this media player. I haven't investigated for a couple of years, but last I checked the options that didn't involve monthly payments didn't seem that great.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:37 AM   #890
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILChief View Post
We left directv for YouTube tv and are saving $80 per month and it has locals and DVR

Same here. We have roku pushing YouTube tv to all of our TVs in the house. Couldn’t be happier!
Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:02 AM   #891
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
Wife and I sat down one evening and talked the whole "Sunday Ticket" thing over and we came to the conclusion that it just wasn't worth it. I mean, I watch the Chiefs local broadcast, so it really was unnecessary (at least for me). So, we called and got rid of DirecTv all together.

Now? We have Amazon Prime and Netflix. Local channels on an antenna (they come in great!) Never looked back.
Chiefs are rarely on here. Vikes are of course. If I can find a way to save +350 I will. most likely keep DTV.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:03 PM   #892
Baba Ganoush

The wife canceled DirecTV yesterday and today I got a phone call from them to see if I’m willing to come back. So here’s what I received. I got the monthly bill lowered from $110 to $53 same package, $300 VISA gift card and the NFLST for free. Called the wife to tell her and she was ecstatic.

I couldn’t pass that up lol.

Last edited by In58men; 05-03-2019 at 08:44 PM..
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 08:19 PM   #893
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
The wife canceled DirecTV yesterday and today I got a phone call from them to see if I’m willing to come back. So here’s what I received. I got the monthly billed lowered from $110 to $53 same package, $300 VISA gift card and the NFLST for free. Called the wife to tell her and she was ecstatic.

I couldn’t pass that up lol.
I was with them 7 years.

Cancelled and never received a call. So weird who they decide to call or not.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:25 PM   #894
Starter

I got rid of mine last year after they refused to negotiate. Got cable for the national games. Watched online for the rest. Well worth it.
tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:44 PM   #895
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I was with them 7 years.

Cancelled and never received a call. So weird who they decide to call or not.
I was pretty stoked about it myself. I don’t understand their way of business that’s for sure.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:24 AM   #896
I could of gone pro

I've been with Directv for 11 years, we are retired and watch a lot of TV. My wife loves ID channel, all those true crime shows. I record a bunch so we can watch without commercials.

I have everything, the Premier Package and pay about $220 month, the last two years they gave NFL Ticket for free. I figured it one of the things I enjoy most, so I don't let the costs get in the way. I like movies and with about 50 movie channels in HD and I can record up to 1000 hours in HD, I always have movies to watch.

I'm also a football, hockey and golf fan, so it's nice not having to worry about getting a game. I never watch the local channels except for sports, I only watch one show, that's the Rookie and it's ended it's first season. I like the actor Nathan Fillion, when he was Castle and now he has this new show. Otherwise, I only watch the cable channels.
DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-04-2019, 09:38 AM   #897
Just a li'l Evel

Living in California I used to get it for the Sunday ticket alone. Now that Chiefs are on 5 nationally broadcast games, plus the Chiefs raiders games are locally shown, I only stream about 8 or 9 games, and I plug my tv into my laptop. With a pop up blocker it’s not really any difference.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2019, 01:35 PM   #898
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
Living in California I used to get it for the Sunday ticket alone. Now that Chiefs are on 5 nationally broadcast games, plus the Chiefs raiders games are locally shown, I only stream about 8 or 9 games, and I plug my tv into my laptop. With a pop up blocker it’s not really any difference.
When you look at it like that---the cost per game that you actually watch is crazy high.
Old 05-04-2019, 02:22 PM   #899
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

I'm not even going to worry about it this year. If it's on TV I'll watch it that way, if not, I'll watch it online.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2019, 03:20 PM   #900
Veteran

Cancelled this week after about 10 years and they seemed glad to see me go.

Today I see this article and it seems like this is the way it is now, they aren't inclined to play the promotions game anymore.

The Days of Getting a Cheaper Cable Bill by Threatening to Leave May Be Over

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...mpression=true
FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.