Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: How are you holding up?
10 - Life is good. Not sure what everyone's freaking out about. 26 10.97%
9 12 5.06%
8 36 15.19%
7 29 12.24%
6 18 7.59%
5 - Eh, it's fine, but not great. 64 27.00%
4 24 10.13%
3 9 3.80%
2 6 2.53%
1 3 1.27%
0 - Dude. This sucks hard. 10 4.22%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2020, 09:22 PM  
Kind of a mod

How are you holding up?

Just curious how the community at large is holding up these days. That's all.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:30 PM   #721
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

I'm doing just fine. Working long days, but getting my 10,000 steps in, eating well, and getting lots done around the house.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:35 PM   #722
www.nfl-forecast.com

My mom is going to pass in the next few days. She has lived in a nursing home the last 6 years with Alzheimer's. She would not have survived this long, if it weren't for my dad. He took care of her at home until he couldn't any more. It took a stroke for him to realize it was time for her to go to a memory care unit. But once she moved to the nursing home, he still would still spend at least 5 hours a day there. Every day. He fed her every breakfast and every lunch. He had infinite patience in feeding her, talking through every bite or every sip. He'd play music for her too. He charted her temperature, her fluid intake, etc.

About a month ago, he got locked out of the nursing home. From a public health perspective, and for the health of the other residents it makes sense 100%. It wasn't good for her though. Skipping over the details, she has gone down hill since. He has been able to visit her the last three days. I'm thankful for that.

Maybe it is her time and would have happened in about this time frame regardless of circumstances, but in my mind her death will always be linked to the circumstances of this time. Under normal circumstances, of course I would have traveled back to KC for this. But my own family needs me here. At some point, we will hold a memorial service for her and I will be there for that.

A few words about my mom's life. She is one of 13 siblings who grew up on a farm in eastern Kansas. She's been married 59 years to my father. She leaves four sons, six grandchildren, and a dozen great grand children. I have nothing but fond memories of my childhood. My love of food and cooking come from her.

As to the thread question, I'm "okay". She hasn't recognized me for at least 10 years, so it many ways, I lost her a long time ago. Nevertheless, the finality of her passing hits hard. This post in part of my mourning in these strange days. Thanks for reading and I greatly appreciate your warm thoughts and prayers for me and my family.

Last edited by cdcox; 04-13-2020 at 11:41 PM..
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 13 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:43 PM   #723
Inmem 2.0

So sorry to hear CD
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:47 PM   #724
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
My mom is going to pass in the next few days. She has lived in a nursing home the last 6 years with Alzheimer's. She would not have survived this long, if it weren't for my dad. He took care of her at home until he couldn't any more. It took a stroke for him to realize it was time for her to go to a memory care unit. But once she moved to the nursing home, he still would still spend at least 5 hours a day there. Every day. He fed her every breakfast and every lunch. He had infinite patience in feeding her, talking through every bite or every sip. He'd play music for her too. He charted her temperature, her fluid intake, etc.

About a month ago, he got locked out of the nursing home. From a public health perspective, and for the health of the other residents it makes sense 100%. It wasn't good for her though. Skipping over the details, she has gone down hill since. He has been able to visit her the last three days. I'm thankful for that.

Maybe it is her time and would have happened in about this time frame regardless of circumstances, but in my mind her death will always be linked to the circumstances of this time. Under normal circumstances, of course I would have traveled back to KC for this. But my own family needs me here. At some point, we will hold a memorial service for her and I will be there for that.

A few words about my mom's life. She is one of 13 siblings who grew up on a farm in eastern Kansas. She's been married 59 years to my father. She leaves four sons, six grandchildren, and a dozen great grand children. I have nothing but fond memories of my childhood. My love of food and cooking come from her.

As to the thread question, I'm "okay". She hasn't recognized me for at least 10 years, so it many ways, I lost her a long time ago. Nevertheless, the finality of her passing hits hard. This post in part of my mourning in these strange days. Thanks for reading and I greatly appreciate your warm thoughts and prayers for me and my family.
A wonderful and heartbreaking homage. I'm truly sorry for your loss and your inability to mourn according to established tradition.

You'll be in my thoughts.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 06:11 AM   #725
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
I'm doing just fine. Working long days, but getting my 10,000 steps in, eating well, and getting lots done around the house.
And still finding time to post your hate for CHINA.
SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-14-2020, 06:22 AM   #726
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:

Sorry to hear it CD. Prayers for you and you family.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 07:01 AM   #727
Supporter

Sorry for your loss, man. That's tough. However, that was a really good read about your mom.

Best wishes.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 07:08 AM   #728
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
It was only the second time I've been in a car in the last four weeks.
I'm a bit surprised at my limited car usage too. Did think much of it until I got in my car last Saturday and realized it was the first time I'd been in that thing for a week and a half. Almost felt weird to drive.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-14-2020, 07:28 AM   #729
Born to Ride

Sorry to hear CD sounds like you have quite a family! When the time is right Celebrate her life, she will always be in your heart!
2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 07:31 AM   #730
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
I'm a bit surprised at my limited car usage too. Did think much of it until I got in my car last Saturday and realized it was the first time I'd been in that thing for a week and a half. Almost felt weird to drive.
I have been on the same tank of gas for over a month .
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:15 AM   #731
It was not a fair catch

CD-sorry to hear about your mom. In some ways it is a curse and a blessing. No one should suffer. They don't deserve it.

Be with the family when you can.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:16 AM   #732
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Definitely not funny like Ralphie, but meaner... I like this season because its where the Russians start becoming a factor, and the attack on Dr Melfi is an interesting sideline
Who doesn't appreciate Janice getting what she deserves from the Russian muscle?

Tony getting a little payback later is great, too.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:18 AM   #733
Supporter

Sorry CD. She will be free of the disease soon.

Keep your chin up.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:27 AM   #734
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:

Sorry to hear. I also lost my Mom to Alzheimer's. It's a long slow death. She didn't know who I was for years either.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:35 AM   #735
The Constitutional Choo choo

Thoughts and Prayers cdcox.
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.