Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: How are you holding up?
10 - Life is good. Not sure what everyone's freaking out about. 26 10.97%
9 12 5.06%
8 36 15.19%
7 29 12.24%
6 18 7.59%
5 - Eh, it's fine, but not great. 64 27.00%
4 24 10.13%
3 9 3.80%
2 6 2.53%
1 3 1.27%
0 - Dude. This sucks hard. 10 4.22%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2020, 09:22 PM  
Kind of a mod

How are you holding up?

Just curious how the community at large is holding up these days. That's all.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:16 PM   #586
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Just don't look too closely at what they mean by that.

(Like cars, they do most of their final assembly in the U.S., but many of their parts aren't made here. They're intentionally vague about that part.)
True. Cars usually say "assembled" though.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:49 AM   #587
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Just found out my Mom got tested. Now we have to wait 24-48 hours. **** this shit.
Test came back negative. Thank God for that.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 10 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:54 AM   #588
Hockey Town

Quote:
Test came back negative. Thank God for that.
Since you have some children........I'm going to ask you something.

What do you do with a 16 year old actually she's nearly 17 who literally won't do anything?

When I told her about her school doing online stuff she might as well have said "**** that shit" and I generally say at her age it's on her, she's basically an adult but this is getting stupid.

Her schedule consists of sleeping and staring at her phone and if you ask her to pitch in to do something, it doesn't go well.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:23 AM   #589
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post

What do you do with a 16 year old actually she's nearly 17 who literally won't do anything?

When I told her about her school doing online stuff she might as well have said "**** that shit" and I generally say at her age it's on her, she's basically an adult but this is getting stupid.

Her schedule consists of sleeping and staring at her phone and if you ask her to pitch in to do something, it doesn't go well.
Boarding School possibly

My older brother has a son with the same issue. He's a good kid overall that doesn't get into trouble and no drugs. But he is exactly what you describe.
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:36 AM   #590
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
Boarding School possibly

My older brother has a son with the same issue. He's a good kid overall that doesn't get into trouble and no drugs. But he is exactly what you describe.
She's my step kid.........she's always been insanely difficult to deal with since she was little. A therapist said she was ADHD and ODD, she's always refused to do things, school has always been an issue and she magically isn't good at school because "the teacher is an asshole" basically if teachers don't hold her hand and not ask her to do anything she hates them.

Anyone that tries to hold her to a standard...yea doesn't go well. And I'll be honest we as parents are probably at fault for this to a degree. By the time she got to say 6th grade we had given up on making her do homework. Neither my wife nor I wanted to have a screaming session every single evening with her and then she still wouldn't do it. Her therapist told us to let her fail and have real life consequences...turns out she doesn't care about them. Then it became I'm really tired of this shit ruining my evening everyday.

I just don't know what to do with a person that has no hobbies, no interests, and is hopelessly addicted to their phone and doing nothing. Staring at snapchat and facebook all day isn't really a hobby. I told my wife that I just don't know what to do with her, if you aren't good at something I can accept that, but when you have no want to, no drive, no passion for anything what do I do with that?

Even simple household chores are frustrating...and even though she is nearing 17, you'd think she was more like 12, it's like she has no concept she is about to be an adult and needs to grow up.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:45 AM   #591
Retired Bearcat

Quote:
She's my step kid.........she's always been insanely difficult to deal with since she was little. A therapist said she was ADHD and ODD, she's always refused to do things, school has always been an issue and she magically isn't good at school because "the teacher is an asshole" basically if teachers don't hold her hand and not ask her to do anything she hates them.

Anyone that tries to hold her to a standard...yea doesn't go well. And I'll be honest we as parents are probably at fault for this to a degree. By the time she got to say 6th grade we had given up on making her do homework. Neither my wife nor I wanted to have a screaming session every single evening with her and then she still wouldn't do it. Her therapist told us to let her fail and have real life consequences...turns out she doesn't care about them. Then it became I'm really tired of this shit ruining my evening everyday.

I just don't know what to do with a person that has no hobbies, no interests, and is hopelessly addicted to their phone and doing nothing. Staring at snapchat and facebook all day isn't really a hobby. I told my wife that I just don't know what to do with her, if you aren't good at something I can accept that, but when you have no want to, no drive, no passion for anything what do I do with that?

Even simple household chores are frustrating...and even though she is nearing 17, you'd think she was more like 12, it's like she has no concept she is about to be an adult and needs to grow up.
Do you pay the phone bill? I'm an "old school" parent that still does "my way or the highway". My oldest son was the exact same way when he was younger and we had to get pretty tough with him to get shit done. I used to shut off the wifi when we weren't using it and he only had his phone when he went somewhere.
HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:50 AM   #592
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:

I mean at that point....she’s past the age of forcing her to do shit. You can try cutting her phone off or taking it away but I don’t know what that will get you.

When I was a kid....I hated school and ended up graduating with a shitty gpa. I’m doing good now but it took me a while and I basically had to luck into my profession. Find out what she wants to do after high school and then figure out what she needs to get there. Try and lay it out for her.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:52 AM   #593
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:

Explain to her that at 18 you are not legally responsible for her and unless she’s doing something with her life....she won’t be living in your house. And then at 18....follow through. She’ll either learn or fail. You can’t do much for her at that point.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:53 AM   #594
Mod Team

Work is slow. So instead of going in and doing not much for a full day, I’m using PTO and taking today off.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:54 AM   #595
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:

My first thought after reading your first post was pretty much that... my parents told us that we can either be in school (while not flunking out) or pay rent to live with them.

Option 1 is to study and contribute around the house.... option 2 is to start paying for your own food, cell phone bill, your own room, etc... option 3 is to GTFO (at 18, I'd assume, or else that might not go well).

Of course, the flipside is no parent wants to end up seeing their kid go homeless or worse. My older brother was homeless for a short time (not because my parents kicked him out), and he got his shit together in very short time after that.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:56 AM   #596
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Work is slow. So instead of going in and doing not much for a full day, I’m using PTO and taking today off.
Who knew so many people go to the hospital voluntarily for shit?
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:58 AM   #597
MY LITTLE #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayWire View Post
Do you pay the phone bill? I'm an "old school" parent that still does "my way or the highway". My oldest son was the exact same way when he was younger and we had to get pretty tough with him to get shit done. I used to shut off the wifi when we weren't using it and he only had his phone when he went somewhere.
This is what I'm thinking. If you're paying for it, it's your phone, not hers, and you can take it from her whenever you'd like. If she wants it back, she can either get a job and get her own or do what she's supposed to be doing at home.

I already practice this with my 4-year-old. Whatever his distraction is from doing what I tell him to do, I take it away until he does what I ask him to do. There are usually tears involved. If he maintains a bad attitude while doing it, I tell him he still won't get whatever it was he had until he flips his mood.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:00 AM   #598
MY LITTLE #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
My first thought after reading your first post was pretty much that... my parents told us that we can either be in school (while not flunking out) or pay rent to live with them.

Option 1 is to study and contribute around the house.... option 2 is to start paying for your own food, cell phone bill, your own room, etc... option 3 is to GTFO (at 18, I'd assume, or else that might not go well).

Of course, the flipside is no parent wants to end up seeing their kid go homeless or worse. My older brother was homeless for a short time (not because my parents kicked him out), and he got his shit together in very short time after that.
Same here, only mine prefers it to holding down a job. And, of course, my mom doesn't want him on the street, so she lets him stay there while not working (or doing much of anything), and he's 47.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:18 AM   #599
Hockey Town

Quote:
Explain to her that at 18 you are not legally responsible for her and unless she’s doing something with her life....she won’t be living in your house. And then at 18....follow through. She’ll either learn or fail. You can’t do much for her at that point.
To respond to the posts here, I don't pay her phone bill, her dad does as that was his present to her one year. If it was my call she wouldn't have a phone, I told my wife had I paid for that phone nothing would give me greater pleasure that smashing it with a hammer in front of her. She is very heavily addicted to it and you can see it.

I have told her when she's 18 and not in school she'll pay rent to stay with us, she acts like that is so far away it's not even worth thinking about. She has no desire to drive...like I said her mentality is more like 12 than 16, other than dudes.

As far as holding a job, I don't think she could hold one for more than 5 minutes.......she will not do anything she doesn't want to, she's standoffish with anyone telling her what to do including teachers etc. And the real issue is she is just SOOOO god damn slow.

When doing a house chore it takes her forever. It took her 3 hours to do dinner dishes last night...I have a god damn dishwasher, she has no focus, constantly distracted.

I just feel like there is no answer.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:19 AM   #600
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv View Post
This is what I'm thinking. If you're paying for it, it's your phone, not hers, and you can take it from her whenever you'd like. If she wants it back, she can either get a job and get her own or do what she's supposed to be doing at home.

I already practice this with my 4-year-old. Whatever his distraction is from doing what I tell him to do, I take it away until he does what I ask him to do. There are usually tears involved. If he maintains a bad attitude while doing it, I tell him he still won't get whatever it was he had until he flips his mood.
At her age.....this is a true story, if you ask for the phone she will refuse, so then to take it you have to physically fight her to get it, she hit me in my face one day over it....

Like I said addiction.