Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-14-2019, 04:37 PM   #2
In Search of a Life

Broken ankle- no problem- Veech will still sign you to a 3 year deal for 28 million!
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:01 PM   #3
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post
Don't take oxy, it's heroin

you should request something else
This is incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
That's too bad. You didn't have to do that. Most news stories are designed to scare you and this whole 'opioid addiction epidemic' is part and parcel of that. I have had my appendix and my gall bladder removed. I took the pain meds until I really didn't hurt anymore. That was about 10-14 days.
This is dangerously ill-informed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwwataz View Post
This. Take them to your primary. They'll be more than happy to discard them for you. I did this with every bottle of pills as I built up to my eventual dosage. I started on a substantially lower dose but it didn't touch the pain. Truth be told, I could probably take higher but I'd rather endure my current pain than continue higher up the narcotics ladder.
You cannot do this; you can only take controlled substances back to a select few year-round locations designated for year-round takeback or thousands of designated sites on the DEA's annual TakeBack day, which is in late April this year.

Quote:
I disagree based upon my own research and observations. And the reason thatpharmacids won’t fill those scripts is because the DEA has prosecuted doctors for “over-prescribing medications”, even though DEA agents aren’t doctors. I’ve handled those cases as well.
Pharmacists won't fill those scripts because they don't want to contribute to abuse and diversion of opioids, and there are usually a few doctors in every town that will over-prescribe meds.

Quote:
No. My claim is that the risk of addiction from taking meds for a short time after a surgery is quite small and that a longer time is usually (emphasis on usually) necessary to develop a physical addiction.
You aren't qualified to make these claims.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:25 PM   #4
Cynical Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
This is incorrect.

This is dangerously ill-informed.

No, it isn't. Most people are responsible and take meds responsibly. While I would be a fool to say it never happens, the odds of someone developing drug-seeking behavior by following their physician's advice is small. Avoiding taking pain meds when you are in legitimate pain and following a doctor's orders simply to avoid anti-drug hysteria is foolish. Human being have been taking drugs for millenia. It isn't going to stop. It is hard-wired into our brains as higher-functioning mammals. The idea that you can become helplessly enslaved to some drug without your knowing about it is simply hysterical.

Look at how many people drink alcohol. Yet on a percentage basis, far more abuse alcohol than opioids. Roughly 15% of people who drink alcohol abuse alcohol yet the CDC study cited earlier, which did not distinguish between use and abuse, noted 6% of opioid users were using a year after their prescription.

I'm not saying to not be careful and I'm not saying that this is no big deal. But if I got on this board and said, "Hey, I had a drink of whiskey last night and it tasted good but I'm really concerned if I drink tonight I will become an addict," most people would say, "My experience contradicts your fears." Yes, some people do develop an addiction to alcohol. Yes, you should be careful. But you should also weigh the risks and having the government and the media hysterically blare out worst case scenarios does not allow for a reasonable assessment of the risks and a rational weighing of options.

You cannot do this; you can only take controlled substances back to a select few year-round locations designated for year-round takeback or thousands of designated sites on the DEA's annual TakeBack day, which is in late April this year.

Pharmacists won't fill those scripts because they don't want to contribute to abuse and diversion of opioids, and there are usually a few doctors in every town that will over-prescribe meds.

You aren't qualified to make these claims.
I've been a criminal defense attorney for 25 years. I was a public defender for about 8 of those years 4 of them in rural Alaska where the rates of drug abuse are beyond description.

You ever address a 14 year old's addiction problem because she is huffing gas to stop thinking about when she was gang raped and she lives in a dry village so she cannot afford the $150 for a 750ml bottle of rot gut vodka? I have.

You ever represent someone whose alcohol problem is so bad that her BAC was over .5 when she was arrested for DUI (legal limit is .08 and .4% is generally considered fatal)? I have.

You ever represent someone who cannot really finish a sentence because he was grinding up oxys and smoking them for several years? I have.

I've represented people who started abusing oxys because their body hurt after years of pouring concrete but without health insurance, they had no access to health care. I've represented people who started drinking to stop thinking about the death of their child. I've represented people who refuse to touch drugs but make a good amount of money off it. I've represented physicians who were investigated for 'over-prescribing'. I've represented people prosecuted for forging prescriptions when they were caught seeking their fifth oxy prescription in one day (different doctors and different pharmacies).

The majority of my clients have addiction issues of some kind. I have hired numerous experts regarding substance abuse, drug-seeking behavior, psychological effects of various chemicals, recidivism, treatment and "cure". I have worked with treatment providers, treatment courts, clients, prosecutors, probation officers, physicians, social workers, and therapists to address my client's needs and help them get treatment. I have read numerous article, treatises and journals about addiction in an effort to represent my clients.

No, I am not a physician, nor am I a drug treatment provider, but based upon my experience and what I have studied, as outlined above, I am qualified to say that the risks someone will develop drug-seeking behavior from taking pain meds as directed following surgery are low.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:37 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:

No, I am not a physician, nor am I a drug treatment provider, but based upon my experience and what I have studied, as outlined above, I am qualified to say that the risks someone will develop drug-seeking behavior from taking pain meds as directed following surgery are low.
You are in no way qualified to make that statement.

The current recommendation is to remain on opiates for the shortest time possible for acute and post-operative pain due to the risk of dependence.

You have back-pedaled significantly from your original statement that it takes "months or longer" to develop an addiction. I have shown you evidence that the risk increases significantly at the 5 day and 15 day mark.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:52 PM   #6
The Collective Unconscious

don't be a pussy. just don't get a refill.
58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:30 PM   #7
Has a particular set of skills

I’ve taken Oxy for chronic pain. After the first couple of days, never got “high” from it. Never brought full pain relief. Just level 8 pain down to 3-5. Took it for years.

Only got a couple of weeks of insomnia getting off it. Cold turkey worked for me. But, you can just read anywhere that my experience is different from most. That shit is highly addictive. Take only as really really needed to function as a human being.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:31 PM   #8
Praise Him

Wus!
Broken foot, broken hand, vasectomy, and prostate removed....no meds except ibuprofen.
King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:54 PM   #9
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
My big dogs were playing with me while I was on a sheet of ice. Boom goes the dynamite!

Surgery, plates and screws. I have a bottle of Oxycodone 5 mg x 42 pills. 1 pill every 4 hrs.

The day after op, I was popping them like candy. Helped a bit. 3 days after, 1 per 3.5 hrs. 6 days post op I will take 2-3 for the whole day. Wakeup, Bedtime and a misc.

So the question is how does a person become addicted to these suckers?
The day you start sucking dick or taking it in the ass for for Oxy, you're an addict....
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:56 PM   #10
Shit

I'm not a pill or medicine taking guy.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:01 PM   #11
Cheat Death

I only take them recreationally. Taking them for pain seems like a job.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:04 PM   #12
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I only take them recreationally. Taking them for pain seems like a job.
My personal favorite recreational sport. Hooverin' friday night flintstones.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:15 PM   #13
Bolton gonna knock you out

Medical marijuana is what you need. **** those pills. (You can send them my way to dispose of them properly)
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:40 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
Medical marijuana is what you need. **** those pills. (You can send them my way to dispose of them properly)
Not once has weed ever taken away my pain.

Last edited by dlphg9; 03-14-2019 at 10:50 PM..
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:08 PM   #15
Starter

If people ITT are looking for an alternative to opioids for pain, I’d suggest looking into Kratom.
YontsRBake is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutYontsRBake is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutYontsRBake is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutYontsRBake is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutYontsRBake is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutYontsRBake is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutYontsRBake is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutYontsRBake is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutYontsRBake is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutYontsRBake is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about