Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-29-2021, 01:21 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:11 AM   #1981
In Search of a Life

I’ve said that QB makes a difference, but to say that a guy that hasn’t even hit 700 yards and has 6 TD’s total in two seasons is 1,000 yard 10 TD guy with better QB play is the very definition of projection, and it’s a pretty bold one.

I’m not saying the better QB play wouldn’t make a difference at all, I’m saying it wouldn’t necessarily make THAT much of a difference.

You’re talking about a difference of 400 yards and 7 TD’s. Almost doubling his production That is quite the projection.

Last edited by staylor26; 07-28-2021 at 08:38 AM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:32 AM   #1982
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I’ve said that QB makes a difference, but to say that a guy that hasn’t even hit 700 yards and has 6 TD’s total in two seasons is 1,000 yard 10 TD guy with better QB play is the very definition of projection, and it’s a pretty bold one.

I’m not saying the better QB play wouldn’t make a difference at all, I’m saying it wouldn’t necessarily make THAT much of a difference.

You’re talking about a difference of 400 yards and 7 TD’s. Almost doubling his production That is quite the projection.
There's no question the Broncos have been a mess. Fant's rookie season saw instability at QB and I believe his production was reflective of those issues and him being a rookie. How many rookie TEs in a good systems blow it up?

Fant's second season, they lose Sutton and he's playing with a bunch of other rookie and 2nd year receivers. His targets and receptions increased nicely, but his YPC dropped severely.

The OL has improved each year (that helps) and with Sutton back and guys like Jeudy, Hamler and Patrick have actual experience (that helps), not to forget the addition of Williams at RB with Gordon. I think he'll be much better than Lindsay. And, I liked Lindsay... but, I believe Williams is much better.

Will Fant double his production? Maybe not, but I expect the targets and receptions to increase and believe he can be an 80 catch receiver with 900-1,000 yards and 5-8 TDs.

It's all on the QBs this year.. Lock or Teddy have this year to prove either of them is worth investing in beyond 2021. The receivers and backs are a talented group.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:34 AM   #1983
In Search of a Life

Again, I’m not saying he isn’t capable, but as I’ve said from the beginning it’s still a bit of a projection with him.

He’s a good TE, but putting him in that tier 1/2 group today is absolutely a projection.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:41 AM   #1984
#triggering

Quote:
Again, I’m not saying he isn’t capable, but as I’ve said from the beginning it’s still a bit of a projection with him.

He’s a good TE, but putting him in that tier 1/2 group today is absolutely a projection.
Yeah, I might have missed that... Fant is not Tier 1 or Tier 2 at this point. Kelce, Kittle and Waller are the best of the bunch. I think Andrews is a tweener 1/2. There really is not enough consistent production to have a viable tier 2.

The rest at this point are a gaggle of upside.

Hockenson hasn't proven to be any better than Fant... only has 2 more TDs in 2 years, all else is fairly equal.

Tonyan scored a lot of short TDs last year, but is actually less of a factor in the passing game thanks to all the other options. So, who really knows about him - was 2020 a fluke? It was the best he had done in 4 seasons after doing nothing the first 3.

Goedert has been consistent, but he's a bit player and knows his role - plays it well. Elite? No.

There are anywhere from 5 (conservative side) to 12 other TEs in that tier 2/3 that you could waste a lot of energy debating their place in the pecking order right now.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:48 AM   #1985
In Search of a Life

Hock was legitimately a top 5 TE last year, and that’s with Bevell calling plays and his offense. Bevell doesn’t really value the position, and it was pretty obvious that Hock wasn’t maxed out because of it.

I’m telling you guys, Hock should’ve had 900 yards and 8-10 TD’s last year. He made a huge jump from year 1 to year 2.

I guess there’s a bit of a projection there as well, but he was significantly better than Fant and those guys in tier 3, which is why I put him with Andrews in tier 2. He’s a former top 10 pick, and was top 5 at his position last year. It’s not quite the projection these guys are making with Fant, who I’ve also said could easily enter that tier 2 group as early as this year.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:12 AM   #1986
#triggering

Quote:
Hock was legitimately a top 5 TE last year, and that’s with Bevell calling plays and his offense. Bevell doesn’t really value the position, and it was pretty obvious that Hock wasn’t maxed out because of it.

I’m telling you guys, Hock should’ve had 900 yards and 8-10 TD’s last year. He made a huge jump from year 1 to year 2.

I guess there’s a bit of a projection there as well, but he was significantly better than Fant and those guys in tier 3, which is why I put him with Andrews in tier 2. He’s a former top 10 pick, and was top 5 at his position last year. It’s not quite the projection these guys are making with Fant, who I’ve also said could easily enter that tier 2 group as early as this year.
I get all that, but let's be honest. Being Top 5 at the TE position in a given year is quite fluid really, there has rarely been a half dozen badass performers at the TE position.

Quote:
(referring to Hock)... but he was significantly better than Fant
16 / 101 targets / 67 rec / 723 yards / 10.8 YPC / 6 TD
15 / 93 targets / 62 rec / 673 yards / 10.9 YPC / 3 TD

I guess we differ on what significantly means. Sure, 6 is 2X 3... but other than that, very equal. Hock had 5 of his 6 TDs prior to week 9 and then only 1 the rest of the way. Fant had 2 in the first two games and only 1 the rest of the way. Neither guy was a consistent producer really.

I just don't see how you could reasonably say Hock was on track to being a monster without as much projection as those that speak well of Fant's upside.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:18 AM   #1987
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
I get all that, but let's be honest. Being Top 5 at the TE position in a given year is quite fluid really, there has rarely been a half dozen badass performers at the TE position.

16 / 101 targets / 67 rec / 723 yards / 10.8 YPC / 6 TD
15 / 93 targets / 62 rec / 673 yards / 10.9 YPC / 3 TD

I guess we differ on what significantly means. Sure, 6 is 2X 3... but other than that, very equal. Hock had 5 of his 6 TDs prior to week 9 and then only 1 the rest of the way. Fant had 2 in the first two games and only 1 the rest of the way. Neither guy was a consistent producer really.

I just don't see how you could reasonably say Hock was on track to being a monster without as much projection as those that speak well of Fant's upside.
I wasn’t talking just in terms of production. This is why I brought up Bevell. On tape, Hockenson still looked like a guy that being held back by his OC despite already being top 5 at his position. He should’ve been a 900+ yards guy with 9+ TD’s.

And again, this also goes back to their days at Iowa. Hock has just always been better IMO.
Old 07-28-2021, 12:59 PM   #1988
MVP

Rodgers and Davante Adams both laid into the Packers' front office today in their first training camp interviews. It was absolutely awesome.

Everyone thought Rodgers would just play coy like usual but he knows he's done after this year and just unloaded. The Packers organization has a lot of egg on it's face right now after their two best players just called them out.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving group of men. They are all frauds, especially Mark Murphy.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-28-2021, 01:01 PM   #1989
Andy Reid Supporter

Just listened to his presser. Damn he does not give a **** and is trashing these guys

Who can blame him? He knows he’s gone after this year
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:05 PM   #1990
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:

Not only that, but how many different OC’s has he already been playing under? Hard to have consistency when your OC, or HC are being switched out every other year?
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:11 PM   #1991
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Just listened to his presser. Damn he does not give a **** and is trashing these guys

Who can blame him? He knows he’s gone after this year
Rodgers is an outstanding leader - amazing.

Instead of focusing on the coming season and a legit Super Bowl run- he airs out his dirty laundry and shits on the people paying his salary.

Conduct detrimental to the team deserves to be fined- if they had the balls.

Glad we don't have to worry about facing them in the Super Bowl.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-29-2021, 03:01 AM   #1992
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Rodgers is an outstanding leader - amazing.

Instead of focusing on the coming season and a legit Super Bowl run- he airs out his dirty laundry and shits on the people paying his salary.

Conduct detrimental to the team deserves to be fined- if they had the balls.

Glad we don't have to worry about facing them in the Super Bowl.
Are you reeruned? He's calling the whole organization out on their bullshit. I have mad respect for him now. Could you imagine if the Chiefs treated Mahomes the same way the Packers treated Rodgers? We would rightfully be in an uproar. You don't disrespect your longterm franchise QB. It's that plain and simple. The Packers shot themselves in the foot multiple times and now he is shitting in their mouth. They are dumb****s.
Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 07-29-2021, 03:05 AM   #1993
MVP

Rodgers wasn't bitter until Mahomes came along.

All jokes aside, Green Bay is ran by clowns. After being spoiled to how the Chiefs are ran, the class of the NFL, I side with Rodgers. They've wasted much of his career and he's sick of it.

Last edited by ThyKingdomCome15; 07-29-2021 at 03:15 AM..
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:43 AM   #1994
Veteran

Was he right in everything he said? Yes. But he’s always been a prima Donna bitch. It’d be hilarious if the team benched him this year and tanked for a top pick. Then trade him and get more draft picks. Instant rebuild without spending 2-3 years rebuilding
wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 07-29-2021, 05:02 AM   #1995
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 View Post
Rodgers wasn't bitter until Mahomes came along.

All jokes aside, Green Bay is ran by clowns. After being spoiled to how the Chiefs are ran, the class of the NFL, I side with Rodgers. They've wasted much of his career and he's sick of it.
The person responsible for wasting Aaron Rodgers career is Aaron Rodgers.
GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.