3 Daniel Lynch, LHP
4 Jackson Kowar, RHP
5 Erick Pena, OF
6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2021, 07:55 PM   #3991
Be Kind To Your Pets

Dyson's in right field now...
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:10 PM   #3992
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
Dyson's in right field now...
That's even worse than O'Hearn. At least O'Hearn has at least a tiny chance of being a future contributor for this team. Dyson however has absolutely no chance, he's damn near 37 years old, is completely terrible at the plate, and isn't even a trade piece. ****ing Dayton Moore is a god damn clown and holds absolutely no one accountable.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 08:30 PM   #3993
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Jesus, Holland. Gives up a 2-run HR then throws 8 straight balls
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:30 PM   #3994

Wade Davis coming in to get the final out. Really going all out for nostalgia on Alex Gordon day.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 08:31 PM   #3995
Wasted away again...

So Matheny is going to bail out Holland shitting the bed with...Wade Davis?

*gulp*
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:36 PM   #3996
21st Century Schizoid Fan

WADE DAVIS IS BACK
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:37 PM   #3997
Wasted away again...

Wader...Check please!
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 08:39 PM   #3998
MVP

That did not look like a swing in real time from center field camera, but replay looks close enough for the ump to show some mercy to the once great bullpen guys.
jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:43 PM   #3999
Everything is Awesome!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
Wader...Check please!
KEEP DOUBTING MARK MURTHINNI!!!
cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2021, 12:49 AM   #4000
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Much rather have the wins at this point. After what DM did in the draft does draft position really matter?

I’ve lost all my pre-draft hype because Moore keeps blowing the picks. Why get excited about a top of the 1st round pick when they literally pass up major league talent for a guy with a great personality.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2021, 12:52 AM   #4001
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post

KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2021, 12:57 AM   #4002
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychief View Post
[/B]

What a ****ing disaster of a draft.

Dayton Moore.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 04:17 AM   #4003
Damnit Peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
Until I looked back on those draft classes from the middle teens I had forgotten how bad those draft classes actually were.
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-25-2021, 07:32 AM   #4004
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
I’ve lost all my pre-draft hype because Moore keeps blowing the picks. Why get excited about a top of the 1st round pick when they literally pass up major league talent for a guy with a great personality.
While I'm not happy with the Frank Mozzicato and Kundrna draft approach, they did not do this.

Mozzicato is absolutely a legitimate talent. He was a huge riser leading up to the draft. If he had done the type of stuff he did in HS in a larger state, or even 90 percent of it, he would have had top 15 draft slotting.

Kudrna is the same. Easy 1st round grade if he wasn't a small-state guy with a tough college commitment to buy him out of.

The Royals decided to bet big on their ability to develop those guys. I don't like it primarily because of the bust rate of HS picks. But this was not a "we like his personality" choice. It was a "Let's spread out our draft dollars in this draft" approach.

It's not the way I would have gone. I would have run to the podium to take 1 of the 2 instant top 50 prospects on the board (Rocker, Khalil Watson, probably the latter).

And as much as Asa Lacy has struggled with control coming back from the COVID year (he's now hurt, haven't seen details), Austin Martin got hurt earlier this year and is slugging an uninspiring .376 with wood bats this year. (His ability to hit for pop was a big question with him). They DID advance him aggressively to AA, so it will be interesting to see if he starts to drive the ball more as he gets healthy and acclimates better to pro ball.

The 17 draft class looked rough at this time two years ago. Now Nick Pratto is making top 50 prospect lists (Keith Law has him in his top 50, which says A LOT considering Pratto is a 1B-only guy), MJ Melendez is leading AA in HR while playing good defense, and the whole thing looks completely different.

The 18 draft has had differing returns at the MLB level, but it still is incredibly positive overall. Singer, Lynch, Kowar, Bubic, Kyle Isbel, Jon Heasely, Jon Bowlan... highly likely they get at least an average MLB starting OF, a back-end starter, a mid-rotation guy, and at least one high leverage dominant reliever out of that group.

And obviously Bobby Witt is hitting if not exceeding expectations. If they're in position to take another player that good, I don't think they'd pass on them.

They're currently 7th in the 22 draft order, after winning 4 straight. I'm not sure they'll play poorly enough down the stretch to get higher than 5 (that would take some doing). And it's too early to tell how that draft class will shake out.

My early guess at someone the Royals will love?

Andruw Jones.

That's right. Andruw Jones. The son of Andruw Jones. He checks all their boxes. Super tooled up. Son of a former player. Great defensive ability. Can run. And the bonus box of having an Atlanta Braves tie can only help. (Dayton Moore started working as a scout in Atlanta in 94, which is - I believe - the year after Jones signed as an international FA).

The younger Jones would be in the mix at #5, at least right now. Still plenty of time for him to travel up or down the board.

LSU 3B Jacob Berry is also another name I'll be watching closely. He is a dynamite switch hitter (average and power from both sides) who plays a good 3B.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2021, 07:35 AM   #4005
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
Until I looked back on those draft classes from the middle teens I had forgotten how bad those draft classes actually were.
That 15 class is enough to write a manifesto about why small market teams should NEVER draft high school pitchers in the top 2 rounds.

I really thought (and hey, this was backed up by talking to someone who worked with scouts and front office folks in scouting) the Royals had realized that after the disaster that draft was.

Maybe some of it was driven by hesitance from ownership to bet on HS arms, that now is not present. I don't know.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.