Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-17-2019, 07:09 PM  
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

The Boys (Amazon)

This looks great and I love Karl Urban in everything he shows up in .

[Red Band Trailer] fuck superheroes. Why? Because when people score limitless power, they become a**holes. Drunk with power and fame. That’s where The Boys come in. from u/TheBoysTV

BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-17-2022, 06:14 PM   #286
sorta mod-ish

"It'z lahk Kermit the Frog had a right wank in yor mouf"

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2022, 07:13 PM   #287
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

THE MESSAGE!!! is getting to be more and more of a glaring point in this show... Police hate the black community... it is racist to patrol the black neighborhoods... yada yada yada

I also see that piece of shit Seth Rogan showed up in this episode as well.

God... I want this show to be better than that... I love the general plot but here we go with this stupid ****ing bullshit.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 07:22 PM   #288
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRichard View Post
THE MESSAGE!!! is getting to be more and more of a glaring point in this show... Police hate the black community... it is racist to patrol the black neighborhoods... yada yada yada

God... I want this show to be better than that... I love the general plot but here we go with this stupid ****ing bullshit.
You realize he's EP. Him and Evan picked up options on a ton of comic book properties, they EPed Preacher too, TMNT, Invincible, . . .

That said, yeah it was a wet fart of a comedic scene.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2022, 09:49 PM   #289
oxymoron

I am shocked that a tv series based on a comic book that was a commentary about the shittiness of the bush administration and the war on terror could have anything that could be interpreted as commentary about the shittiness of radical evangelical alt right neonazis and their golden calf, president twittler. Inconceivable!
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 09:56 PM   #290
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
I am shocked that a tv series based on a comic book that was a commentary about the shittiness of the bush administration and the war on terror could have anything that could be interpreted as commentary about the shittiness of radical evangelical alt right neonazis and their golden calf, president twittler. Inconceivable!
I don't know if you watch, but there's the concept of satirical viciousness, and then there's the execution.

And while I enjoy the show overall, the fit and finish is pretty ham-handed.

They'll have someone making a point about one issue, and then the chyron, or a reaction soundbite, references a completely unrelated buzzword.

For instance in the last episode, they replayed some of Homelander's speech from the previous episode about how he's tired of pretending he isn't superior to the rest of mankind, and the banner at the bottom of the broadcast said something about 'Homelander complains about cancel culture.'

That's a case of not respecting the intricacy of the source narrative and just wanting to insert buzzword snark.

Like I say, I mostly enjoy the show, . . . but the satire 'updating' is pretty amateurish.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2022, 06:21 AM   #291
MVP

This show is woke garbage that won't be relevant 5 years from now.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2022, 10:31 AM   #292
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
This show is woke garbage that won't be relevant 5 years from now.

Is it?

Or is it consistent with the source material?

The comics were a satirical reflection of how shitty super power human beings would actually be, paralleling the challenges ordinary folks face with power, self-delusion, greed, and loss of inhibitions, while also exploring the dangers of unchecked, unmitigated corporate self-interest and manipulation.

It is a vehicle intended to shine a reductio ad absurdum light on our American society and make people think about things that might flit by unnoticed in your day-to-day grind.

If it makes you uncomfortable, it is functioning as intended.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 02:15 PM   #293
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
I don't know if you watch, but there's the concept of satirical viciousness, and then there's the execution.

And while I enjoy the show overall, the fit and finish is pretty ham-handed.

They'll have someone making a point about one issue, and then the chyron, or a reaction soundbite, references a completely unrelated buzzword.

For instance in the last episode, they replayed some of Homelander's speech from the previous episode about how he's tired of pretending he isn't superior to the rest of mankind, and the banner at the bottom of the broadcast said something about 'Homelander complains about cancel culture.'

That's a case of not respecting the intricacy of the source narrative and just wanting to insert buzzword snark.

Like I say, I mostly enjoy the show, . . . but the satire 'updating' is pretty amateurish.
Oh, and I just remembered, when they introduced Supersonic and they had to remind us several times he was hispanic because he looked like a regular fratboy dudebro boybander, . . . and it turns out it was just to pay off the joke where Homelander orders him a Vaught Taco Salad.

On one hand, a teensy bit clever and funny, . . . on the other incredibly ham-handed, desperate and shoehorned.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 05:40 PM   #294
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Oh, and I just remembered, when they introduced Supersonic and they had to remind us several times he was hispanic because he looked like a regular fratboy dudebro boybander, . . . and it turns out it was just to pay off the joke where Homelander orders him a Vaught Taco Salad.

On one hand, a teensy bit clever and funny, . . . on the other incredibly ham-handed, desperate and shoehorned.
Were they reminding the viewers? Or were the characters in the show talking about it as an example of token minority representation?
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2022, 11:53 PM   #295
Supporter

Here's another, from previous season. . .

So I get he's satirizing Dubya's bravado, but if you accept the implications of the satire as written, given that Homelander explicitly and directly downed the airliner himself . . . then you've signed onto more crazy than any of the 9/11 was an inside job folks. . . . But you do you folks.
Old 06-24-2022, 03:17 AM   #296
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRichard View Post
Here's a little closed captioner's verbiage choice that you won't soon forget. . . .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Boys - Seth CC.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	124718  
Old 06-25-2022, 08:39 PM   #297
Court Jester

Episode 6 was pretty twisted. Definitely looking forward to the last two episodes.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2022, 08:47 PM   #298
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
Episode 6 was pretty twisted. Definitely looking forward to the last two episodes.
Lol, yeah, that was......something. You knew it was going to be bad when they put the disclaimer at the front of the episode, haha. I expected more, or better, out of the action finale. It was GOOD, but I felt it should have been better.

And oh yeah, Hughie is a stupid ass.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2022, 08:49 PM   #299
In Search of a Life

That episode was amazing. Might be the best of the entire series so far.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2022, 08:52 PM   #300
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Lol, yeah, that was......something. You knew it was going to be bad when they put the disclaimer at the front of the episode, haha. I expected more, or better, out of the action finale. It was GOOD, but I felt it should have been better.

And oh yeah, Hughie is a stupid ass.
That last fight should have been a lot better, but I’m hoping they are building up to a hell of a season finale. I could probably do without the deep character, too.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote