Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-15-2008, 10:43 AM  
Supporter

The Lurker 500

Ladies and Gentlemen.

Start your Engines for the Lurker 500.

In this race of planet history, Lurkers, those with less than 100 posts per year of membership are challenged!

Myself, and other tenured members I shall designate will pose comments, statements or questions of Chiefs Planet History. Your job~your Challenge! is to explain the story behind the comment, link it to its originating poster....explain why its relevant or funny. Bonus points awarded for context.

How well do the lurkers know us? How versed are the lurkers in our history?

At the end of this thread, I will donate $20 to Chiefsplanet in the name of the determined winner. The contest will end when I determine the thread/contest has run its course.

Points will be awarded by myself to the first lurker with correct explanation of each event. Bonus points will be given to those with less than 10 total posts.

Tenured posters are allowed to participate in the thread, however until a lurker answers a question...do not give the answer, or anything more than subtle hints on questions that may pose difficulty. Once revealed of the true answer.....feel free to give your take or comment on that moment.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:37 PM   #271
Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
That was me.

I also remember when he posted some thread on the Star board about needing to raise some cash and Gaz suggested that he allow people to beat him down for money. Too funny....

Did he ever post on the Planet?
He might have a couple of times...when CP was founded, he pretty much disappeared
KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:37 PM   #272
Dirty Bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
+2 Rockchalk
did I get the one about John Matrix correct? post is on page 16
RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:38 PM   #273
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill-Logical View Post
Who created the need for a decoder ring on Chiefsplanet.
Tommykat
Monk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Monk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:38 PM   #274
I'll be back.

Oooh! OoOOH!!!

Which planeteer had a vehicle stolen in a foreign country? What country? Can you describe the vehicle?
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:40 PM   #275
Veteran

KCJohnny promised to write something about Vermeil being better than Marty 100 times (right before the Chargers blew the playoffs), and when someone called him on it, he got indignant because he served (is serving) his country, and the people giving him crap had not. When Phobia called him out for playing the 'military service' card, Phobia used his own military service to demand pie.
Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #276
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cankerskull View Post
KCJohnny promised to write something about Vermeil being better than Marty 100 times (right before the Chargers blew the playoffs), and when someone called him on it, he got indignant because he served (is serving) his country, and the people giving him crap had not. When Phobia called him out for playing the 'military service' card, Phobia used his own military service to demand pie.
concise...very nice....one of the core legends of Chiefsplanet....
the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:45 PM   #277
Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cankerskull View Post
I happlily called him out...I still have the PM from him about how I insulted him for the last time. Loved that Marty choke job and resulting Johnny meltdown.
KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:45 PM   #278
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATSE View Post
Oooh! OoOOH!!!

Which planeteer had a vehicle stolen in a foreign country? What country? Can you describe the vehicle?
ENDelt had his Chevy pick-up stolen in Mexico
Monk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Monk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:46 PM   #279
Fifty eight sixty two...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
ENDelt had his Chevy pick-up stolen in Mexico
Close...
chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.chefsos threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #280
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill-Logical View Post
One last one for now:

There are 7 posters who are root for other teams who have more than 10,000 posts for 1 point name 5 of them and identify the team they root for. A bonus point if you can name all 7 and properly identify their teams.
Joe Seahawk- seahawks
Overhead- raiders
Amnorix-Pats
TacoJohn- donks
Vailpass- donks
clevelandbronco-donks

my mind is blank on any others
Old 03-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #281
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
That was me.

I also remember when he posted some thread on the Star board about needing to raise some cash and Gaz suggested that he allow people to beat him down for money. Too funny....

Did he ever post on the Planet?
I had forgotten about that.....didn't that morph into a thread about what other things he could do to raise cash?

mmaddog
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:03 PM   #282
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTitus View Post
The cowboys fan's initials were J.E.

one of the funniest stories about J.E. was when a long time poster created a fake name and J.E. tried to pick 'her' up...It may have been Iowanian, Phil or Dartgod that did the faking out. it was too funny.

Between this and my earlier hint about a horror film star that never dies you would think someone could pick it up.

mmaddog
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:03 PM   #283
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefsos View Post
Close...
Man, I hate having alcohol ravaged brain cells
Old 03-17-2008, 09:07 PM   #284
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
Joe Seahawk- seahawks
Overhead- raiders
Amnorix-Pats
TacoJohn- donks
Vailpass- donks
clevelandbronco-donks

my mind is blank on any others
i'm thinking of one, but I don't know if he crossed the 10,000 post threshold....great poster though, miss him.....rock solid draft knowledge...
the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:17 PM   #285
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Talking Can View Post
i'm thinking of one, but I don't know if he crossed the 10,000 post threshold....great poster though, miss him.....rock solid draft knowledge...
It's not him. This guy is probably the least annoying Donks fan on the face of the earth.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.