Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-17-2017, 12:08 PM  
oxymoron

Netflix: The Witcher

Not much in the way of details yet, but it's under development. It's a pretty long series of books, not just a trilogy of games. Don't even know if it's going to be Geralt or someone new in the universe. Whatever it is, something tells me we'll see it sometime in 2018 or early 2019.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-29-2021, 08:02 PM   #196
Ain't no relax!

$10 for the GOY edition. That's crazy.

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-29-2021, 09:24 PM   #197
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
$10 for the GOY edition. That's crazy.

For anyone who doesn't have it, that's a phenomenal deal for one of the best games ever.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 10:56 AM   #198
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
For anyone who doesn't have it, that's a phenomenal deal for one of the best games ever.
I have mentioned this before. I have tried, literally 5 or 6 times to play this game and just cant get far. On its face its incredible, awesome story, beautiful vistas, open world, MODS and cool gameplay elements.

Ultimately, the combat system feels like doo doo , If this game had something in combat like say Shadows of War, Assassins' Creed (which it clearly tries to emulate, albeit the CDPR version) etc, if they could have pulled that off, this game would be up there with Skyrim as a top PC RPG of all time.

Irritates me every time I see it brought up, because I want to love it!
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-02-2022, 12:17 PM   #199
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
I have mentioned this before. I have tried, literally 5 or 6 times to play this game and just cant get far. On its face its incredible, awesome story, beautiful vistas, open world, MODS and cool gameplay elements.

Ultimately, the combat system feels like doo doo , If this game had something in combat like say Shadows of War, Assassins' Creed (which it clearly tries to emulate, albeit the CDPR version) etc, if they could have pulled that off, this game would be up there with Skyrim as a top PC RPG of all time.

Technically, you'd be hard pressed to find a list of best RPG PC games that doesn't have Witcher 3 in the top 10 or so. No worries if it didn't work for you. But it's one of the highest ranked RPGs there are.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2022, 04:23 AM   #200
Banned

I still see folks getting in to it because of the Switch port and I'm guessing we'll have folks on CP jump into the game after seeing the series on Netflix so I was trying not to be a dick and ruin the surprise.
gillsehaj170 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 01-03-2022, 06:06 AM   #201
The man you could post like.

Quote:

Did you get far enough to unlock more of the respective skills trees? That is one pretty big flaw in the game in that the early Velen stuff is pretty lacklustre gameplay wise because there's just not much you can do yet except mindlessly whack away at monsters and maybe use a sign or two.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2022, 01:25 PM   #202
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:

I understand. I quit the first game in frustration but eventually went back to it. Quit the second game in frustration and never went back to it. And while I did have more than a few **** THIS moments with the third, I stuck with it.

Admittedly, the combat system is a bit clunky and convoluted. One of the key things you need to do is dodge/roll, early and often. Stand still in Witcher 3 and you're toast, especially against multiple enemies. I always build up my fast attack and igni skills first, followed by blade oils. Burn/strike/dodge. And if you see the red death emblem above an opponent, RUN. Go back and get them later when you're built up. Wraiths are especially troublesome early on. Can't be hurt unless you've cast yrden and they're within the spell radius. That's obnoxious.

Also, make sure you're using the correct sword when you fight.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2022, 03:22 PM   #203
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Oh, I would also add that if you think the combat system in Witcher 3 is ****ed up, try playing Kingdom Come Deliverance. Makes Witcher seem like Pong. I still can't believe I finished that sonofabitch.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2022, 05:22 PM   #204
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I understand. I quit the first game in frustration but eventually went back to it. Quit the second game in frustration and never went back to it. And while I did have more than a few **** THIS moments with the third, I stuck with it.

Admittedly, the combat system is a bit clunky and convoluted. One of the key things you need to do is dodge/roll, early and often. Stand still in Witcher 3 and you're toast, especially against multiple enemies. I always build up my fast attack and igni skills first, followed by blade oils. Burn/strike/dodge. And if you see the red death emblem above an opponent, RUN. Go back and get them later when you're built up. Wraiths are especially troublesome early on. Can't be hurt unless you've cast yrden and they're within the spell radius. That's obnoxious.

Also, make sure you're using the correct sword when you fight.
It's funny, but when I played through I really built up my Igni tree. It wasn't till well past the halfway point or into the expansions that I realized that Quen is easily the best magic skill in the game for staying alive.
Old 01-03-2022, 06:57 PM   #205
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
It's funny, but when I played through I really built up my Igni tree. It wasn't till well past the halfway point or into the expansions that I realized that Quen is easily the best magic skill in the game for staying alive.
I almost never use that one.
Old 01-03-2022, 08:59 PM   #206
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Did you get far enough to unlock more of the respective skills trees? That is one pretty big flaw in the game in that the early Velen stuff is pretty lacklustre gameplay wise because there's just not much you can do yet except mindlessly whack away at monsters and maybe use a sign or two.
Its really not got anything to do with skill trees etc.. its more of how the movement of the combat works etc... i dunno it just feels bad to me
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2022, 10:31 PM   #207
Supporter

No books or games here.

I really liked it. I rewatched Season 1 to refresh (and to see Yennifer's cans - let's be real here.) and Season 1 seemed to move faster because it jumped around and kept you on your toes. Strictly moving chronologically removed that aspect can seem to take the edge off.

I think it was really well done. I can't think of a single time the acting or production took me out of it. And I'll be goddamned if I wouldn't look back on it as a life well lived if I could just once be as awesome as Cavill looked riding up on those Nilfgaard soldiers with the dwarves. Just once.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2022, 11:03 PM   #208
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Hmmm.. I never use Quen. Igni all the time...
Old 01-04-2022, 09:58 AM   #209
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Its really not got anything to do with skill trees etc.. its more of how the movement of the combat works etc... i dunno it just feels bad to me
It's the same for me. I've tried twice now to start it out and the combat just feels "off". I'll have to give it a third time apparently.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-04-2022, 10:32 AM   #210
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Hmmm.. I never use Quen. Igni all the time...
That is interesting as you and Frazod don't use it. I didn't at first, but once I started using Quen, I found it can become overpowered. I actually found myself only using that and occasionally Igni. The only other one I would occasionally use was Yrden (but only with wraiths). I guess each person has their own play style and there is no wrong way to play the game.