Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-18-2020, 12:53 PM  
Be Kind To Your Pets

NAIA Men's Basketball Tournament in KC

My dad used to pull me out of school and we'd go down to Municipal Auditorium and watch the day session, and sometimes stay for the night session. Up to 8 games in a single day! Hey guys: If you have spring fever real bad, and want to spend a day playing hooky, it’s time once again for the NAIA small college (and I mean Small College) national basketball tourney. Me and my pals usually go on Friday, because by Friday, all the teams left have won at least one game. Friday we usually stay to see two or three games and it costs around (if memory serves) $15 or $20 bucks for a day pass. It’s still downtown at Municipal Auditorium. This year its on Friday March 20th. My crew usually shows up around 9 or so, stays until around 2 then go somewhere and get a late lunch and drink a lot. The players are shorter and slower than NCAA guys, the cheerleaders are fat and ugly, and the mascots are God Awful. But its single elimination so the teams play their asses off. It’s a hoot. And it sure beats working on Friday. Anybody going this year?
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:04 PM   #2
Just Lurking

Where I work we hosted the NAIA Division II tournament for 13 years. Like you said, the players give it their all. Not bad entertainment for $15
Renegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-18-2020, 01:18 PM   #3
Cheat Death

My dad did the exact same thing when I was kid. Day and night sessions. Remember rooting for Fort Hays State because they had black unis.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:41 PM   #4
Veteran

My dad would always go for the day and night sessions. I would usually join him for the semi's, and one of my brothers would do the finals (and consolation game) and the other the quarter finals.
DanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli