Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6867
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6433
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6810
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6706
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2022, 06:14 PM   #2986
Baba Ganoush

Costco hotdogs, haven’t done hotdogs since my sons birthday in 2020. Such an underrated delicacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 06:39 PM   #2987
The Planet's Only Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Costco hotdogs, haven’t done hotdogs since my sons birthday in 2020. Such an underrated delicacy.

Try those sumbitches in an air fryer. I haven't cooked a hot dog another way since.
Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.
Old 03-20-2022, 06:40 PM   #2988
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Try those sumbitches in an air fryer. I haven't cooked a hot dog another way since.
That’s ****ing genius, I froze the other seven. I’ll definitely give it a try.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2022, 08:10 PM   #2989
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post

I gotta agree, a good hotdog is indeed awesome.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2022, 12:01 AM   #2990
MVP

I smoked elk meat loaf. Flavor is great but the texture is a little too bready for me. I’ll do some tweaking with the recipe next time.
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-27-2022, 06:29 PM   #2991
Baba Ganoush

Chicken thighs for the weeks meal prep

Old 03-27-2022, 06:32 PM   #2992
Your mom

Bone in or out?
CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-27-2022, 06:37 PM   #2993
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn View Post
Bone in or out?
Boneless skinless
Old 03-28-2022, 08:53 AM   #2994
Supporter

I have a venison roast that I'm interested in smoking. I'd welcome any advice since this is a first for me.
Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-28-2022, 09:04 AM   #2995
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Chief View Post
I have a venison roast that I'm interested in smoking. I'd welcome any advice since this is a first for me.
In my opinion venison needs to be tenderized and marinated for about at least 12 hours with 24 hours being ideal. Find a marinate that fits your taste. Some common staples are Worchester, Soy, Lime, Garlic, and Olive oil.

I find that the Worchester and soy have enough salt that you don't need to add much more if any.

Here's one marinate I found on a quick search that looks tasty and will be adding to my repertoire.

https://www.modernfarmhouseeats.com/...son-backstrap/

Let us know how it turns out.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2022, 10:37 AM   #2996
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Chief View Post
It's a little tricky, since there's basically no fat in the meat. You have to be really careful about not overcooking it. It can go from delicious to inedible in a matter of minutes. Temp probe is a must. I'd highly recommend a good marinade/tenderizer too. I use Allegro Hickory Smoke tenderizer. Marinate for 12-24hrs. Smoke it low and slow until internal temp hits 130-135. If internal temp gets over 140, it's gonna turn to leather quickly. I spray it with a mix of olive oil/water/apple juice every 45 minutes or so. Just remember that venison is like beef, there's no danger in cooking it rare.

The backstrap is my favorite venison cut to smoke though, if you have one. Leave the entire backstrap whole. Don't butterfly it. Smoke it whole like a big loin. Cut into medallions when done. I do this often when we have potlucks at work, and it just blows people's minds. They always say "Oh, I don't like venison it's too gamey." Then they try mine and argue that it isn't actually venison.

Good luck.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2022, 12:44 PM   #2997
Fight, build, win!

Highly recommend this sauce for the marinade. It is good with venison beef chicken pork fish you name it. It's awesome to make jerky too.

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2022, 08:57 PM   #2998
Supporter

Thanks for the tips everyone. I'll be sure to follow up with results.
Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-22-2022, 02:01 PM   #2999
Ultrabanned

Pastrami and eventually burnt ends and wings going this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-22-2022, 02:10 PM   #3000
Starter

Smoked a spiral ham with hickory on top, and pork belly on the bottom grill. I like using a spiral as it allows the smoke to penetrate the interior of the ham easier. I have never cooked a pork belly before. Cook up in small cubes and will skillet it as burnt ends in BBQ sauce. I should have marinaded overnight, as I don't have access to the bottom grill while cooking on my Weber Smokey Mountain.

If anyone else has a better recipe for pork belly, I have enough extra to try.
CatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about