Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: How far can you throw a football?
15 yards I'm a girl 6 5.61%
20 yards 2 1.87%
25 yards 1 0.93%
30 yards 19 17.76%
35 yards 12 11.21%
40 yards 25 23.36%
45 yards 5 4.67%
50 yards 14 13.08%
55+ 23 21.50%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2009, 03:35 PM  
I'll be back.

How far can you throw a football?

The other thread got me thinking about this. A few months ago I went out to the local HS football field to see how far I could throw a football. I have well-muscled shoulders but I couldn't get it over 30 yards.

Are NFL quarterbacks just born with the ability to throw a ball 50-60 yards (this is about as far as I remember anyone on the NFL quarterback challenge throwing a football), or do I just have shitty mechanics or something?

How far can you throw a football?
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
Hello

if the coach woulda put me in, we woulda won state, no doubt about it..

i bet you i could throw a football over those mountains.

Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:36 PM   #3
Inmem 2.0

Further than Chad Pennington
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
Banned

Zipped or floated?

I can throw a 20 yard zipped ball, and a 50 yard floater.
TFG is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.TFG is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:37 PM   #5
Take a Chill Pill

Just tested this the other day. 30 Yards.

I have scar tissue all in my shoulder though, hurts like hell to throw a ball.

I can throw it 20 yards with my left, which I'm getting better at. No Pain.
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:37 PM   #6
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

kyle boller could sit on his knees and chuck it 85 yards across the field to the oppostie sideline which calculated usinig the quadratic fromual and other highly scientific methods he could throw a pass 192 yards.
L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:37 PM   #7
MVP

In HS, I had no problem getting 50+ yards. But myself and the backup were treated like pitchers, and had specific throwing workouts to strengthen our arms.

If I tried to do that now, I'd dislocate my shoulder.

Old age sucks.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #8
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFG View Post
Zipped or floated?

I can throw a 20 yard zipped ball, and a 50 yard floater.
See, I tried both. Neither went over 30. Maybe I don't understand the mechanics of floating a ball. I can throw it at a different angle but it still only goes 30 yards.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #9
Losing with passion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billay View Post
Further than Chad Pennington
But with less accuracy.
JuicesFlowing is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.JuicesFlowing is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #10
Meow

I bet Tyler thigpen can throw it 90 yards off his back foot....too bad it'll be off by 90 yards too.. :-/
CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
if the coach woulda put me in, we woulda won state, no doubt about it..

i bet you i could throw a football over those mountains.

lol love that movie. i was never able to throw a football very far. course i haven't tried in years. i always played RB and LB
rambleonthruthefog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutrambleonthruthefog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutrambleonthruthefog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutrambleonthruthefog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutrambleonthruthefog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutrambleonthruthefog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutrambleonthruthefog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutrambleonthruthefog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutrambleonthruthefog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutrambleonthruthefog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutrambleonthruthefog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 08-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan View Post
kyle boller could sit on his knees and chuck it 85 yards across the field to the oppostie sideline which calculated usinig the quadratic fromual and other highly scientific methods he could throw a pass 192 yards.

Some of us think Kyle Boller for nothing was a better option than Cassel for a high Second and three times the cash.
TFG is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.TFG is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #13
Big Red Nuts

Technique > strength

In fact the term "Arm Strength" is almost a complete misnomer, it has almost nothing to do with strength of your arm at all.
Mr. Krab Loves all of Deberg's threads.Mr. Krab Loves all of Deberg's threads.Mr. Krab Loves all of Deberg's threads.Mr. Krab Loves all of Deberg's threads.Mr. Krab Loves all of Deberg's threads.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #14
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Some of us think Kyle Boller for nothing was a better option than Cassel for a high Second and three times the cash.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #15
Losing with passion.

Quote:
Kyle Boller is ****ing awesome. (Only with one of the best defenses in the league.)
JuicesFlowing is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.JuicesFlowing is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.