Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-29-2018, 09:05 PM  
Champs!

*** Official 2018-2019 Royals Offseason Repository ***

As the season comes to a close after an awful season, there is a possibility of some hope since the team played better in late August to the end of the season.

Here are all the important dates you need to know for the 2018-19 MLB offseason. Some of them do involve the Royals, such as:

Oct. 29: As of 9 a.m. ET on Monday, all eligible players are free agents (Escobar - good riddance).

Oct. 31: Most contract option decisions are due on this date (Hammel should be declined, resulting $2 million buyout and Peralta should be accepted, resulting $3 million increase to the payroll, and could be future flip for additional minor leaguers if he performs well).

Nov. 2: Deadline for teams to tender their eligible FA the qualifying offer.

Nov. 3: Free agency begins.

Nov. 4: Gold Glove winners announced (Gordon & Perez).

Nov. 6-8: General manager meetings in Carlsbad, California.

Nov. 12: Deadline for free agents to accept or reject the qualifying offer.

Nov. 14-15: Owners meetings in Atlanta (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 20: Deadline for teams to add eligible minor leaguers to the 40-man roster to protect them from the Rule 5 Draft.

Spoiler!

Nov. 26-29: MLB Players Association executive board meeting in Dallas (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 30: Non-tender deadline.

Dec. 9-13: Winter Meetings in Las Vegas. This is typically when all offseason hell breaks loose.

Dec. 13: Rule 5 Draft (could see the Royals taking a stab here).

Jan. 11: Deadline for teams and arbitration-eligible players to submit 2019 salary figures (I believe KC has some arb-eligible players).

Feb. 1-20: Arbitration hearings. You win some, you lose some.

Mid-Feb. : SPRING TRAINING!

As usual, let's have a good off-season discussion on ways that the Royals can/should/would do to improve. I will try to update the OP as the off-season goes along. And Duncan, you're more than welcome to provide us some information that I can add onto the OP. Just let me know.

To see the 2018 Royals thread, go here.

Last edited by Coach; 11-20-2018 at 02:18 PM..
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:04 PM   #706
Future NBA Finals MVP

Alright guys what is the opening day line up and rotation going to be
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:47 AM   #707
War Eagle !!!

https://www.mlb.com/royals/news/whit...ng-day-preview

Official lineup for 03/28/2019

1) Whit Merrifield 2B

2) Adalberto Mondesi SS

3) Alex Gordon LF

4) Jorge Soler RF

5) Hunter Dozier 3B

6) Ryan O’Hearn 1B

7) Frank Schwindel * DH

8) Martin Maldonado C

9) Billy Hamilton CF

Starting Pitcher: Right-hander Brad Keller
DeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 03-27-2019, 05:52 AM   #708
MVP

That lineup has potential, it is also very Nedlike to have Gordonin the 3 hole.
Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 06:10 AM   #709
I’m a Mahomo!

Duda is on the team? Why?
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:25 AM   #710
Let's Get Weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
Duda is on the team? Why?
To take away ABs from guys who will be on the team after this year.
C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:56 AM   #711
Hockey Town

Why is Gordon hitting 3rd....also is Soler really going to be in the field a lot? He seems like a DH candidate to me.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:59 AM   #712
You don't faze me, Gobble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Why is Gordon hitting 3rd....also is Soler really going to be in the field a lot? He seems like a DH candidate to me.
Soler in the field creates the opportunity to have O'Hearn and Schwindel in the lineup instead of some scrub with no power playing a corner outfield position.
Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:00 AM   #713
You don't faze me, Gobble.

When is the regular season thread starting, and who is starting it?
Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:25 AM   #714
I'm with the Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets View Post
When is the regular season thread starting, and who is starting it?
Have at it Thurman
Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:33 AM   #715
Rabbi Goldmann

Prospectus

Red Men 97
Twinks 82
Royals 73
White Sux 70
Tiggers 66
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:48 AM   #716
Herm is the worst...horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
Prospectus

Red Men 97
Twinks 82
Royals 73
White Sux 70
Tiggers 66
That might be semi-optimistic on the Royals, depending on who you talk to. But I actually think it's closer to correct and maybe a tad under what they'll perform. I think their Indians prediction is all wrong. No way they sniff that close to 100 wins. The whole Central Div is going to get beat up badly by the other divisions. Indians will win the division with 92 wins.
dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:49 AM   #717
Banned!

I literally have no idea, so I thought I should ask; how are the White Sox young players doing? I know they had a huge influx of young talent from trades.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:55 AM   #718
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
I literally have no idea, so I thought I should ask; how are the White Sox young players doing? I know they had a huge influx of young talent from trades.
Suck ass. Moncada is what they feared his floor would be: 260-20-75 with 150k. Dude struck out like mad in AA and that’s why he got dumped. (His #1 fangraphs minor league peer was.....Carlos febles)

The other guy they got for Sale, Michael Kopech rocketed thru the minors and onto top-15 prospect lists. Made his debut last July to a large crowd (of drunks) at Comiskey and blew his elbow out. Lol

Eloy Jimenez is the top-5 they got in the Quintana deal. Monster AAA numbers, got a 6/70m deal before he played a game.

Side note: they signed Machados cousin Yonder Alonso thinking it would help sway Machado. Decided to sign in SD. Now Sux left with another slow one dimensional DH slug
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:34 AM   #719
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

The White Sox rebuild could be going a lot better.

Moncada has not curbed the K rate problems and it makes him a much less impactful player than he could be or was thought to be.

Kopech and Reynaldo Lopez still have time to put it together. Dylan Cease hasn’t debuted yet and could be better than either of them.

Jimenez looks legitimate to me, but it sure they’re going to get enough from the rest of the roster to successfully complete the rebuild.

Re: Indians... woof, that lineup is bad.

Lindor and Ramirez are legitimate stars (though Ramirez’s struggles down the stretch last year may have revealed a way to attack him), but the lineup gets thin in a hurry after them.

They added Jake Bauers and Carlos Santana, who are good OBP/25 Hr bats, but it’s just a bunch of guys otherwise. Their pen is also pretty weak compared to previous years.

They’ll win the Central, probably, with around 90 wins. But their window looks to be closing.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:01 AM   #720
Herm is the worst...horrible

The division is screaming to be snatched from the Indians. But we don't have the guns to do it. What I'm dreading is the Twins having an over-achieve season and sneaking in. I still have PTSD from their fans coming into Kaufman for all those years - they're the most off-putting bunch of idiot-fans in the central. Our high A guys can't get here soon enough. Ugh.
dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.