Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-29-2018, 09:05 PM  
Champs!

*** Official 2018-2019 Royals Offseason Repository ***

As the season comes to a close after an awful season, there is a possibility of some hope since the team played better in late August to the end of the season.

Here are all the important dates you need to know for the 2018-19 MLB offseason. Some of them do involve the Royals, such as:

Oct. 29: As of 9 a.m. ET on Monday, all eligible players are free agents (Escobar - good riddance).

Oct. 31: Most contract option decisions are due on this date (Hammel should be declined, resulting $2 million buyout and Peralta should be accepted, resulting $3 million increase to the payroll, and could be future flip for additional minor leaguers if he performs well).

Nov. 2: Deadline for teams to tender their eligible FA the qualifying offer.

Nov. 3: Free agency begins.

Nov. 4: Gold Glove winners announced (Gordon & Perez).

Nov. 6-8: General manager meetings in Carlsbad, California.

Nov. 12: Deadline for free agents to accept or reject the qualifying offer.

Nov. 14-15: Owners meetings in Atlanta (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 20: Deadline for teams to add eligible minor leaguers to the 40-man roster to protect them from the Rule 5 Draft.

Spoiler!

Nov. 26-29: MLB Players Association executive board meeting in Dallas (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 30: Non-tender deadline.

Dec. 9-13: Winter Meetings in Las Vegas. This is typically when all offseason hell breaks loose.

Dec. 13: Rule 5 Draft (could see the Royals taking a stab here).

Jan. 11: Deadline for teams and arbitration-eligible players to submit 2019 salary figures (I believe KC has some arb-eligible players).

Feb. 1-20: Arbitration hearings. You win some, you lose some.

Mid-Feb. : SPRING TRAINING!

As usual, let's have a good off-season discussion on ways that the Royals can/should/would do to improve. I will try to update the OP as the off-season goes along. And Duncan, you're more than welcome to provide us some information that I can add onto the OP. Just let me know.

To see the 2018 Royals thread, go here.

Last edited by Coach; 11-20-2018 at 02:18 PM..
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:05 PM   #661
Herm is the worst...horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
Also I totally missed we signed Lucas Duda today. I'd say there's a pretty good chance he takes that final position player spot that was up in the air.
Minor league deal. i hope he doesn't take the final spot. I hope he's just insurance at the minor league level.
dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:08 PM   #662
Let's Get Weird

Zimmer has the best pure stuff of anyone still on the roster. It will be a complete surprise to me if he is not on the Opening Day roster. Looks to me like he is sticking with a Fastball + Curveball arsenal for now. Tapp also said he hit 97 today on his last pitch, not sure if that's accurate (FSKC said 95 for the same pitch), but he's getting ~20 mph differential from his fastball and curveball. It is happening, folks. Kyle ****ing Zimmer.
C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 03:11 PM   #663
#RIPAce

I put $5 on the Royals to win the AL Central at 75/1. Couldn't pass that up. LOL
CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:32 PM   #664
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief View Post
I put $5 on the Royals to win the AL Central at 75/1. Couldn't pass that up. LOL
Harrah's in Las Vegas is giving 100 to 1 odds on that bet. I was out there last week, and I put $20 on it.
Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:28 PM   #665
MONTANA #19

30 win improvement....it's going to happen.
arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:48 AM   #666
I'm with the Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation View Post
30 win improvement....it's going to happen.
Not with this pitching staff it won't.
Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:50 AM   #667
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S View Post

Zimmer has the best pure stuff of anyone still on the roster. It will be a complete surprise to me if he is not on the Opening Day roster. Looks to me like he is sticking with a Fastball + Curveball arsenal for now. Tapp also said he hit 97 today on his last pitch, not sure if that's accurate (FSKC said 95 for the same pitch), but he's getting ~20 mph differential from his fastball and curveball. It is happening, folks. Kyle ****ing Zimmer.
Man, with his injury history, I'd put him in the closer spot. Limit the innings, see if he can make it through a season without his arm falling off and use the talent in high leverage situations. Especially if he's sticking to FB, CB, and change.

I mean, I know starting pitching is more valuable, but he hasn't shown an ability to last a season in that role.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:52 AM   #668
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S View Post

On the roster????? Of course he will be on the roster. What are you talking about?
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 12:17 PM   #669
Stay positive, don't give up

Why?

@goldbergkc: #Royals have selected the contract of INF Lucas Duda and requested release waivers OF Brian Goodwin
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:23 PM   #670
In Search of a Life

Why is Goodwin released. I know he’s struggled during spring but Duda really...
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:27 PM   #671
War Eagle !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
Not a move I expected. The only reasoning I can come up with is, Goodwin was a left handed bat and Duda will replace that from the bench.
DeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 03-25-2019, 12:45 PM   #672
War Eagle !!!

Since Duda was originally signed to a minor league contract, can he be optioned to omaha during the season?
DeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 03-25-2019, 01:01 PM   #673
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
I attended the Friday and Saturday games against the Giants and Brewers. I hadn't known until I saw him at the Friday night game that we had signed Duda. He belted a homer on Saturday and ended the game with a 0.803 OPS for the Spring. In person, Goodwin looks good in motion. He hit a double on Friday and looked smooth and powerful on the basepaths. I can see why the Royals wanted him. He has the kind of easy athleticism that looks good in Royals Stadium. But his Spring OPS ended up at 0.443 and his career OPS+ is just a 99, while Duda's is 118.
DanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-25-2019, 01:03 PM   #674
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

I don’t really get the Duda addition but can live with it as long as it doesn’t eat into playing time for O’Hearn.

Really don’t care about Goodwin.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:10 PM   #675
War Eagle !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I don’t really get the Duda addition but can live with it as long as it doesn’t eat into playing time for O’Hearn.
I'm hoping they keep Schwindel on the 25 man roster. The only way I see that happening is if they put Soler in RF and Schwindel and Duda platoon at DH.