Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-29-2018, 09:05 PM  
Champs!

*** Official 2018-2019 Royals Offseason Repository ***

As the season comes to a close after an awful season, there is a possibility of some hope since the team played better in late August to the end of the season.

Here are all the important dates you need to know for the 2018-19 MLB offseason. Some of them do involve the Royals, such as:

Oct. 29: As of 9 a.m. ET on Monday, all eligible players are free agents (Escobar - good riddance).

Oct. 31: Most contract option decisions are due on this date (Hammel should be declined, resulting $2 million buyout and Peralta should be accepted, resulting $3 million increase to the payroll, and could be future flip for additional minor leaguers if he performs well).

Nov. 2: Deadline for teams to tender their eligible FA the qualifying offer.

Nov. 3: Free agency begins.

Nov. 4: Gold Glove winners announced (Gordon & Perez).

Nov. 6-8: General manager meetings in Carlsbad, California.

Nov. 12: Deadline for free agents to accept or reject the qualifying offer.

Nov. 14-15: Owners meetings in Atlanta (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 20: Deadline for teams to add eligible minor leaguers to the 40-man roster to protect them from the Rule 5 Draft.

Spoiler!

Nov. 26-29: MLB Players Association executive board meeting in Dallas (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 30: Non-tender deadline.

Dec. 9-13: Winter Meetings in Las Vegas. This is typically when all offseason hell breaks loose.

Dec. 13: Rule 5 Draft (could see the Royals taking a stab here).

Jan. 11: Deadline for teams and arbitration-eligible players to submit 2019 salary figures (I believe KC has some arb-eligible players).

Feb. 1-20: Arbitration hearings. You win some, you lose some.

Mid-Feb. : SPRING TRAINING!

As usual, let's have a good off-season discussion on ways that the Royals can/should/would do to improve. I will try to update the OP as the off-season goes along. And Duncan, you're more than welcome to provide us some information that I can add onto the OP. Just let me know.

To see the 2018 Royals thread, go here.

Last edited by Coach; 11-20-2018 at 02:18 PM..
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:06 AM   #631
Herm is the worst...horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
I think Lopez is intriguing, but honestly, I don't see him being consistent enough to stick in the rotation. JMHO
That is definitely the question. While not all roses, his body of work with the Royals last year showed enough that I'm encouraged he's a "turn the corner" candidate this year. We'll see how mentally tough he is when he has to bounce back after he hits his first few rough patches this year...or when his offense doesn't score many runs for him. Gonna' happen.
dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:08 AM   #632
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan View Post
That is definitely the question. While not all roses, his body of work with the Royals last year showed enough that I'm encouraged he's a "turn the corner" candidate this year. We'll see how mentally tough he is when he has to bounce back after he hits his first few rough patches this year...or when his offense doesn't score many runs for him. Gonna' happen.
Honestly, that might be as big as anything else he has to deal with.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:54 AM   #633
Rabbi Goldmann

White Sux extend Eloy Jimenez to 6/43 deal. It has two club options at 17/per, so total deal could be 8/77.

Oh. He’s never played a single MLB game.
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:32 AM   #634
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
Esky released by Orioles today.
So, he's available.

Yost:
Man, I hope we sign him for sole reason that it will make Prison Bitch's head explode.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:46 AM   #635
MVP

76-86
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:51 AM   #636
MVP

I just wish they'd quit ****ing around and stick Soler in RF every ****ing day. He's not going to get better there until they do. Put Schwindel in the DH spot until he proves he's not worthy. Play O'Hearn every day until he figures out how to hit lefties. Play Dozier every goddamned day until he sinks or swims.

I mean; these guys need to play through their weaknesses to improve. I hate all the platooning and moving guys around. Just stick 'em in there to sink or swim. We're not taking the division anyway, let's see what we have.

We never would've found out what Merrifield was if we hadn't been forced to by every other second base option flaming out.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:52 AM   #637

Quote:
60-102
Somebody doesn’t like my posts.

ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:53 AM   #638
sorta mod-ish

55-107
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:54 AM   #639
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
I just wish they'd quit ****ing around and stick Soler in RF every ****ing day. He's not going to get better there until they do.
I think the issue with putting Soler in the field is more or less his incredible risk for injury. That's been what's hamstrung his development more than anything else.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 03-21-2019 at 11:01 AM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:55 AM   #640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
55-107
Be prepared to be down-voted by the oversensitive Royals fans. That don’t like it when your opinion shits on their Pom Poms
Old 03-21-2019, 10:57 AM   #641
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Be prepared to be down-voted by the oversensitive Royals fans. That don’t like it when your opinion shits on their Pom Poms
Already got hit

I just don't know how we're going to compete with this starting lineup, and I don't know where the run production is going to come from. Hopefully I'm wrong by a magnitude of 30+ games, but I just don't see it.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:58 AM   #642
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I think the issue with putting Soler in the field is more or less his incredible risk for injury, I would think. That's been what's hamstrung his development more than anything else.
well...then cut bait. If you can't play, you can't play.

There's a glut of 'maybes' on this team. I don't see how we move forward until we sort through it.

Can Phillips hit? Can Goodwin? Can Dozier? Is O'Hearn for real? Can Schwindel hit for high enough average?
Old 03-21-2019, 10:59 AM   #643

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I think the issue with putting Soler in the field is more or less his incredible risk for injury, I would think. That's been what's hamstrung his development more than anything else.
THIS. Otherwise, I would agree to keep him in RF. His bat is more important than having him in RF everyday at risk of injury. Unfortunately, guy has to be kiddy-gloved because he can't seem to stay healthy.
dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:03 AM   #644
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan View Post
THIS. Otherwise, I would agree to keep him in RF. His bat is more important than having him in RF everyday at risk of injury. Unfortunately, guy has to be kiddy-gloved because he can't seem to stay healthy.
Well, and I'm not disagreeing- then we need to move on.

his bat is NOT more important, not in a rebuilding year. It doesn't matter at all if he's not to be counted on as a building block.

We're going to need a few of these guys to bloom if we're going to make a run in '20 or '21. We need to see who.

I expect Merrifield and his club friendly controlled deal get moved in July and we'll see what Lopez is.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:03 AM   #645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
well...then cut bait. If you can't play, you can't play.

There's a glut of 'maybes' on this team. I don't see how we move forward until we sort through it.

Can Phillips hit? Can Goodwin? Can Dozier? Is O'Hearn for real? Can Schwindel hit for high enough average?
That's short-sighted. There's no extra value to Soler playing RF everyday. It's not like he's an amazing outfielder. There IS value in seeing if they can find a way to keep him healthy and have him contribute to the offensive production of a future Royals team. They're determining the pieces they can count on to contribute when the likes of Pratto, Melendez, Lee, Kower, Lynch etc. arrive.